“Great Camping Park for Rvs & Kids”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shartlesville
Mountain Springs Camping Resort
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I camped here on 8/17/2013 for the first time with one other family.We set-up tents near the restrooms.The park is geared toward Rvs,but there are a sufficient number of tent sites.
Best things I like about the park are:
1-Great for kids to ride bikes,via blacktop roads with only a few modest hills..
2-Fishing pond with lots of trout.
3-Rodeo near entrance of park.
4-Spacious and beautiful pool
5-Game room
6-Saturday Nite Dance
7-This place is alive on week-ends with people from various places.
8-My Grand kids love this place due to lots of kids there to play with.
9-This is not a camp site with a wilderness setting,it's more of a commercial RV Park,which is why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5,although there are plenty of tents,the park is 90% RVs.
10-McDonalds & Walmart is near by.
I would highly recommend this place if you have kids or teenagers.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank DjrayBaucum

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Lemme start with that im 32 married with 2 young kids. I camped here 2o+ yrs agoas a kid and loved it. This yr my brother and I both bought campers to give our kids the same memories. We went to mtn springs and long and behold it got bigger added a pool and such but still that great family oriented atmosphere. We have been thr 2x already this yr and are going for july 4th weekend. Sites are layed out nicely lots of activitys to do. Seasonal campers are friendly and welcoming we had 1x some were up late partying we didnt mind ended up goin down and joinimg lol. Kids met lotsa friends. Only minor thimg I would chwnge is that pond is stocked mostly with trout which any fisherman know one warm out ate hard to catch id say forget the trout put some catfish and bass and panfish and make catchand release only. I just joined 1ooo trails withmy brother and even though we will hafta pay for mtn sprimgs instead of our free places we will still go few times a year its thst good.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Redblur00
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Spent 4 nights with 12 other couples camping here. Had a great time. We had a large site
With full hookup. Site was level with picnic table and fire ring. Laundry and bathrooms were
clean and appropriate. Nice trees through out park. There are alot of seasonal campers here.
Would stay again, stayed in our 36 ft motorhome.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Daniel B
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We recently stayed in a cabin at this campground on a trip to Pa. The price of the cabin was very reasonable ( $ 48.00 / night ). The only thing was that the heater had a hard time keeping up with the cold ( of course it was 29 degrees the first night ). There was a nice pond there and I was able to get in some fishing. The woman that checked us in was very congenial and helpful. I would not recommend this campground to tent campers they seem to cater more to RVs and cabins ( 5 of these ). This was just my impression could be different.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We have been going to this campground for 10 years. Obviously we love it! Sites are decent size. Prices are same as other local campgrounds. Nice camp store. Very friendly staff, but strict rules. Helps keep everything safe and inline for all to enjoy.
Pros: planned activities, swimming pool, volley ball court, basketball, game room, playground, 2 ponds for fishing (no lisence needed), space-not packed like sardines. snack shack

cons: pay showers, no late swim, sometimes not enough planned activities, repeat same activities, snack shack not open all weekend.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank goin_south78
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Mountain Springs is a solid campground choice.
The facility is neat and well maintained, the sites are fairly large and the staff is always friendly.
The roads are wide and paved and they have a decent sized store.
The amenities are complete, pool, game room, lake (for fishing, not swimming).
There is really nothing negative to say, what they do, they do well.
Tip: Bring your change to the shower, they still follow the annoying policy of charging quarter(s)

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank delawaredan

Been to Mountain Springs Camping Resort? Share your experiences!