First off, the location is excellent. Just off I-78 , in a pleasant rural setting, with some good dining options nearby and an amazing Cabela's store about 8 miles east on I-78. The Shartlesville village itself is quaint and beautiful. Adjacent to the motel is a corn field, giving the entire area a lush and verdant ambience (in July). Very pleasant if you want to sit out in the lawns on one of their benches or their wonderful swing.
The room we stayed in was spacious, though it needs upgrades. The room needed to be aired out as it was warm and musty, but once we had the A/C fan running and with the door open for sometime, the air was better. Though the carpet was clean, it needs to be changed as it had frayed and had old stains at places. The bathroom was nice, spacious and very neat with lots of fresh towels that were changed everyday. It also had a generous supply of toiletries. The beds was comfortably furnished with fresh and clean sheets. We did notice a couple of stains on the wall in the corners and some discarded items by previous occupants under the couch. However, the room itself was nice and bright and the beds soft and comfortable.
Despite the proximity to the highway, we did not hear the vehicles. Nor from other guests who checked in and out. During our two nights weekend stay, we were seldom disturbed in our sleep. The room came with a mini refrigerator, a microwave and a television set, though channels were limited. The hotel had good WiFi in several locations and internet speed was good.
The motel manager was courteous and affable and promptly responded to requests. However, the office needs maintenance as it too had stale air. It needs airing out, as otherwise the office and lobby are fine. Breakfast options are very very limited and coffee could have been better. However, I don't think many guests expect breakfast options at this room price. Not a real problem since both McDonalds and Dunkin Donuts are close by. During summer there is a fruit farm within walking distance which sell fresh fruits like apples, peaches, blueberries and some vegetables through the day.
Some minor suggestions:
1. Rooms need a trash can in addition to the one provided inside the toilet.
2. Our room did not have a clock radio though the 2nd room we rented had one.
3. Some pictures on the walls in the rooms could brighten up the rooms.
4. Coffee can be improved in the reception area.
All said and done, we had a positive experience as it is a nice enough place given the price. It is quiet, green all around and the lawns are well maintained.
I definitely recommend this place if you are looking for a relaxing short stay and are looking for value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are under BRAND NEW OWNERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT as of May 23, 2016. Total renovations are already in progress and should be completed in a few months. We are open during the renovations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Seasons Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.