“Good food but not amazing.”

The Gem and Keystone Brewpub
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The Gem and Keystone Brewpub's menu features special bounty produced from the rich soil along the Delaware River from our own private Shawnee Island Farm™ (in season). Using local produce, all natural meats, PA farmstead cheeses and sustainable seafood, which match the Shawnee mission of reducing our carbon footprint and encouraging a healthier lifestyle. We use oak wood to fire our grill and offer vegetarian and gluten free menu options. We are a scratch kitchen, so our sauces, dressings and desserts are all made in house. Our restaurant is the official home of ShawneeCraft(R) artisan beers---handcrafted and brewed on the premises for your refreshment; we also have a reputable wine list along with a broad cocktail and martini menu. Conveniently located on the Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort property, our outdoor dining is second to none with its breathtaking view of the Pocono Mountains. Reservations are recommended on the weekends.
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This was a little more than we wanted to spend, we kept it to sandwiches and appetizers and still spent more than we would have liked. We tried braised ox tail for the first time, and everything we ordered was good except the kids meal. My son got macaroni and cheese and couldn't eat it. Hubby liked the beer and the service was on-point. I was worried about bringing my son because they advertise beer so much, but there were several other families. There is a very nice outdoor seating area with a stream a few feet away, and I saw a beaver in the stream when we walked up. Very nice location and it was a pleasant experience. This would probably be amazing in the more temperate months.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Food was great. We had hamburgers for lunch the bread was fresh, the sandwhich was huge. Dinner was awesome too!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Delicious but expensive. Service was fantastic. The waiter was so Polite. I had shrimp scampi. Portion was very very small. I think it had to have her a mistake but I didn't say anything.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

The food was awesome. We had the pretzels and crab dip for appetizers. Both were delicious. The gem burger was really good! My sister had the fish and chips and my husband had the cheesesteak. They both really enjoyed their food. We also sampled 4 beers and all were very good. My daughter really enjoyed the salad with apples and walnuts. It was definitely worth the drive from Split Rock to eat at the Gem and Keystone Pub.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We happened upon this little gem after hitting the slopes with 7 kids! They accommodated our party and served up the tastiest meal of our ski weekend. We loved the cheddar ale dip and even asked for an extra to go portion! The cheesesteak was to die for. The brews were yummy. The kids were happy with their options from the kids menu. We will definitely hit this spot when we are in the area again!