“There are several Ridge Top - stay at the Summit”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shawnee on Delaware
Ridge Top Village at Shawnee
New Jersey
“There are several Ridge Top - stay at the Summit”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I stayed at both Ridge Top Village and Ridge Top Summit. Definitely stay at the Ridge Top Summit if you can get the unit there. The Ridge Top Village units are very old and tired. The Ridge Summit units are newer but still tired. They need major renovations at this Wynhdam resort. The location is excellent though for skiing at Shawnee. There is good discount if you are a guest here - make sure you take advantage.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank vacationlover83

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My family had a great time at this resort. We stayed June 16 thru the 23. The rooms furniture was worn but still use able. Kitchen was stocked. Excellent out let mall. Great location close to a lot of avtivities. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank maysstep
Ohio
Reviewed 24 June 2013

First, if you read my profile, you will see that I am pretty easy to please and this is the first time, I've had to write a negative review. This was an exchange and we should have been leary when so many units were open. First some postives. Employees William at the front desk and Margaret, in housekeeping were wonderful and helpful. The surrounding woods are plentiful BUT no trails. The village is located off of Exit 309 from I-80, which makes it easy to access Bushkill Falls Exit 309, the town of Delaware on the Gap Exit 308, and the city of Stroudsburg for essential shopping. The Visitors Center is Exit 310 and I'd suggest you stop there before checking into Shawnee. Check in was easy and we didn't experience any delays, but we did check in before 4pm. It appears that most of the check in problems happen at or after 4 pm.
Now for the bad. We were absolutely shocked at the conditions of our FIRST unit. Immediately upon entry, the "moldy" odor assailed our nostrils. The unit was not only horribly outdated AND rundown but dirty. The couches were covered in disgusting stains and the carpets had a band about an inch wide of filth around the baseboards(where the sweepers couldn't reach and no one used a broom to clean.) The bath tubs were chipped and the showers stained. The rooms were small. We were very suspicious that the mattresses were encased by two zippered coverings, which made it hard to get to the mattress. We were checking for bed bugs. There was a hole in the wall and the living room wall was gouged. The front stoop was splintered as if an army of ants or an animal had shredded the wood. The bannister to the upstairs was caked with film from a build up of dirt and probably applied wax before it was cleaned. We didn't sit down on anything and immediately called the front desk to complain. This was after a nine hour trip to reach the location. This was in the village units 136 to 154. We were finally moved to village units 173 to 194, which were renovated in approximately 2007. This unit was more acceptable and clean. As were were leaving our first unit, we ran into several families that had just entered their units and NO ONE was happy. All of those people had used exchanges from Westgate,Marriet, or Wyndam. I must say that I have stayed at several Wyndam properties and have never had a problem. I did notice that Crestview units and Summit units actually had the Wyndam name attached but NOT Ridge Top, although all of the printed material refers to Wyndam and guest services welcomes you to Wyndam. The Crestview and Summit units were OBVIOUSLY better constructed, newer, and modern. No one from those units, that I spoke with had a complaint. They loved it. I am convinced that Ridgetop is not a Wyndam property. One of the employees mentioned that Ridgetop was previously owned by Fairview? Something is amiss and Wyndam will be getting a letter from us. There are two pools and a hot tub. All of the pools were cloudy. Needless to say, we didn't swim and we are avid swimmers and water babies.

BE CAREFUL. THERE IS A CHARGE PER DEVICE FOR WI-FI! This is the first time I've seen this type of arrangement. For seven days, one device is 29.95! We had four devices. Needless to say, we did not use this service. If you are an ATT cell customer make sure you put your device on wi fi mode and not the 4G service because it will route you into the fee service on the resort. ( I checked with ATT while I was there and they confirmed this, but check with your service provider.)There is an inventory list posted on the upper interior cupboard door, located next to the stove. We discovered it two days into our stay. Check the list. We found several items missing and reported to the front desk so that we were not charged for missing items.
Perhaps the greatest thing about the village was location. We stayed out of the unit on most days.

We went to the Martz bus station located in Stroudsburg and asked for the Big Apple Special, which cost 80.50 per couple or 50.00 for an individual. It took us to New York City round trip. You leave at 8:30 am and the last bus leaves New York City at 12:30 am. So you have an entire day to explore the city. The buses seemed to leave New York about every 40 minutes. This was a great experience. BEWARE. The Greyline Bus Tour appears to be the most popular and we did take it but they didn't tell us that the tour buses stopped at 6pm and the "off Tours" to Brooklyn, which was free with the Downtown tour package, ended at 3:30 pm. At 6 pm you have to pay for the "night tours". There were other tour bus companies that were not as crowded and were cheaper. We paid 49.95 for each adult ticket. Hint. The bus tour is an easy hop on hop off tour. I'd suggest that you hop off when you get to a site that you want to explore further. Like the Trade Center memorial, but call ahead....we were told that reservations were necessary for it.
In Delaware on the Gap,exit 310, we went to Pack Shack river tours. A raft for 4 was only 40 dollars for each adult (you will get an additional 15% off if you bring in the Shawnee Village coupon) and we could explore the Delaware River at our own pace. We went down class 1 rapids, which was a thrill. Pack a lunch and drinks and enjoy the day. Stop and explore the two islands or swim if you dare. In Delaware on the Gap we walked down the Appalachian Trail and had wonderful homemade ice cream at the town creamery. We also took the Delaware Gap Trolley for an hour tour of the area. This also gave us ideas of what to explore later. Bushkill Falls is an absolute must if you love to hike and view waterfalls. it was 12.50 per person. there were four trails so there was something for everyone. I suggest that you take the red/yellow trail to the left first which will keep you on level ground as a warm up before needing to descend and ascend the mighty cliffs. Take a camera and sturdy walking shoes. Go early and enjoy the wonders of nature.

Room Tip: Ask for the most recenlty renovated rooms. 173 and up!!!! You will have a hike to the recreation cen...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
11 Thank traveler1068

Travellers are raving about these Shawnee on Delaware hotels

Robinson, Texas, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We first noticed something was off when we went to check in after 4 p.m. and were told that our unit wasn't ready yet. We were very surprised as we've visited several Wyndham resorts and have never had to wait. The service desk has given us an extra hour to depart tomorrow morning to compensate for our waiting today, which was nice but unnecessary on our part. Unfortunately, there were some additional unpleasant surprises when we did get to our unit. First, we had to carry our luggage up stairs that lead to our unit. It wasn't that big of a problem, but I wish the website had stated this so we weren't surprised by the lack of a ramp. I'm thankful that neither my husband nor I had trouble with our luggage and the stairs, but I did wonder about those with mobility issues. Second, the bedroom with the single bed and attached bathroom absolutely REEKED of smoke (and still does, actually). Third, you have to pay for using the internet here, which I obviously did as I am writing this review. The TVs are also quite small, and you can tell that the furnishings and appliances are a bit dated but still comfortable and usable.

The one shining moment of today was meeting the really nice lady who cleaned our unit. I wish we had gotten her name so I could give her credit for doing such a wonderful job in the very limited time she was given. She checked in with us to make sure everything was okay and apologized for not being able to get rid of the smoky stench in the one bedroom and bathroom. She told us that the people who stayed before us (we're in RT 66) and in the unit next door completely trashed both units and that had there been time, she and her fellow housekeeper would have been able to do a much more thorough cleaning. She said she had tried spraying odor remover before we checked in, and I told her that I also had sprayed with Febreze. Unfortunately, both of our efforts have not helped very much with the smoky smell. My husband and I had most of the windows in the unit open for most of the evening, but with possible rain, we've done the next best thing by just closing off that one bedroom and bathroom and are going to sleep in the other bedroom with the two beds.

It is an absolute shame that our first impression of this Wyndham resort has been affected so negatively by previous guests who obviously don't respect their surroundings or the efforts of those who keep these properties clean and in good working condition. If we're ever in this area again, we'll give this Wyndham resort another go and hopefully, my next review will be much higher.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues and have trouble negotiating stairs, I'd advise you to not get a uni...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jodie H
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Our trip was an Interval International exchange. As previously stated, the units have a good view, but are well used. Our goal was to hike on the Appalachian trail and take a day trip to New York City. The location was great for this. Ten minutes from access to the trail, and ten minutes from a bus station that took us to New York for the day. ( a two hour ride at 7:30.. Rush hour - one and a half return.) if you are looking for a five star resort, this is not it! The appliances are old, but work. The screens could use repair. It was clean. We were comfortable and had a good time. The staff were helpful and guided us to find the trails and bus station. While hiking, I picked up a tick and was referred to the Pocono Medical center, which is five minutes away. A great facility that had me in and out in under an hour. All in all a good vacation.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Frankfort, Illinois
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Using an Interval International week we chose the Pocono Mountains and Ridge Top Village at Shawnee for a visit.
The unit we were assigned was in a nice location but looked “well used.” It was comfortable, clean but seemed not maintained as it should have been. I do not know if this is true of all of the “Ridge Top” units but this one was in desperate need of refurbishing and renovating.
Window treatments, plumbing fixtures, and some furniture took us back to the eighties. The appliances appear to be original. The exterior is in need of attention IMMEDIATELY. The siding and trim boards need to be re-stained. Additionally, many trim boards and some siding was split or rotten and needs to be replaced. Several downspouts were missing. Screens in the screened in porch need attention as well.
We are associated with other vacation rental operations. This unit would not be allowed in either. A little work and money would make this unit fantastic.
It is my understanding that there are many newer and “in better condition” units. We were not provided one of those.

Room Tip: Be careful!! Apparently there are several types of units. Some are much newer than others. Some ne...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TKCRhino
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I have been visiting Shawnee with my children for over 20 yrs, but my last experience was so harrowing that it prompted me to write this review. While sleeping in the master bedroom do RT 4. I observed bug near my pillow, smashed it and lots of my blood squirted out. I reported the incident to Security, shortly after 2:35 am. I was moved to RT 3 at 3:56am. The heating system was broken! At 9:41 am, I called Guest Services since no one had contacted me. Supervisor Diana sent Josh at 10:35 am to inspect infested unit. He said that remains of dead bed bugs were found in the bed that my 4 yr old grandson was sleeping in. He repaired the heating system. By 12:15, Security Chris had moved us into RT250. When I met with the Guest Services Manager, Mr. Tyler VonNeida, the first thing that he said was, " and don't say that I should have known. These people bring these things in with them." He offered me a free week there. I declined. I asked for the offer to be extended at another one of their resorts. He said that 'he would see about my not having to pay the exchange fee.' I have emailed him sharing my preference. He has not responded. Calls to him today, at 10am, 12 noon and 1:43 proved fruitless although the operator said that he would be in, after 11am. I left two voice mails, to no avail.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank Geraldine G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shawnee on Delaware
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Cou...
#1 of 3 in Delaware Water Gap
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#1 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Ridge Top Village at Shawnee? Share your experiences!