Ridge Top Village at Shawnee
US$89
US$112
Pocono Inn At Water Gap(Delaware Water Gap)
US$74
US$58
Paramount Motel(Stroudsburg)
US$75
  • Breakfast included
US$108
Orbitz.com
Super 8 Stroudsburg(East Stroudsburg)
US$69
Quality Inn - East Stroudsburg POCONOS(East Stroudsburg)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$79
QualityInn
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort(Shawnee on Delaware)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsscreened in porchrec centersmall tvvisited severalhalf bathpowder roomfull bathroomsthese unitsget away from it alllight fixturesplanned activitiesworked greatbeds were comfortablewhirlpool tubdvd playershawnee resortsnow tubing
Reviewed 30 September 2013

As Wyndham owners booked this resort for a week for motorcycling the Pocono's. Arrived about 2:30 pm and room wasn't ready. That was fine as we knew we were early, they took our cell phone number and directed us to a nice sports bar to watch our favorite college football team play. ("Jock and Jills" I would recommend this sports bar for any sport viewing) at about 3:30 pm they left a message our condo was ready. We got there about 6 pm check in was a breeze. Got to Ridge Top 10 and found the unit very clean and spacious. The place is very dated, 19 inch tube TV's in the living room and master bedroom. The carpeting is old and couch and chair were worn with holes in them. The master bedroom has a queen bed and needs to be replaced as it is worn.
The other bedroom carpeting had been cut about 2' by 2' and had been patched. My wife took a shower in the master bath that evening, she walked downstair to the kitchen a slipped on very wet tile floor. The shower drain had leaked through the ceiling onto the kitchen floor and counter top. We cleaned up the water and that morning called maintenance. About 8:30 am maintenance showed diagnosed the problem and determined the shower drain was broke. After two trips (wrong parts) he finally got the drain fixed a 11:00 am.(we're waiting to leave). When he left he replaced the one ceiling tile but left the other. Not a big deal but I commented to my wife it was right next to the one he replaced. I took care of it. Struggled all week with someone parked in our assigned parking stall and on the last day the toilet off the master bath broke. Tried to fix it but the chain to the stopper was broke. Made it through the night using the other toilet and notified maintenance when checking out. About everything we touched broke from the cupboard to the dryer. When we met with the Wyndham rep.she emmediately told us this was not a Wyndham resort but a resort they manage. (disclaimer?) A couple we met who owns at Ridgetop told us they haven't replaced items in the unit they have in seven years. She said she thought they were trying to force the owners out. With all of this we would return to the Wyndham resort area but try to stay at a newer property.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bba66
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Our 4 day stay here was good due to the things there are to do in the area - Bushkill Falls, Grey Towers, No. 9 Mine Tour in Lansdale, Miner's Village in Eckley, a wonderful shooting range, and the great little Saen Thai restaurant just across the street from the resort check-in.

We stayed at Ridge Top in a 2 BR unit. It had sufficient space, although the master bath was the smaller bathroom, but as many have mentioned before, it is fairly dated looking. There were burn marks inside the kitchen cabinet, and see the picture of the lower level bathroom sink.

I was dismayed by the lack of supplied amenities (lotion, shampoo, Kleenex, trash bags, paper towels, salt/pepper, etc.) that normally we expect, but when I mentioned it at the desk, they said that those particular units are managed by the HOA, not Wyndham. So my question is, why was Wyndham putting in in them for our stay with their program? However, they did give us shampoo and lotion when asked. Also unit was missing extra blankets in 2nd bedroom, so we had to ask for that.

Yes, we did see a bear - that was fun! But when we mentioned it at the desk, they sort of yawned and said "did you get a picture" - It did not phase us, but if someone had gone out and run into the thing or their child had gone out and tried to get close to it, ....Seems like they should
have mentioned this beforehand!

No check-in welcome packets, poor maintainence.(see pix) - my biggest complaint is that they have no hanging full-length curtains - the bedrooms all have the vertically-slatted fabric shades, which do not prevent anyone from seeing straight into your room - hard to relax in your 'jammies knowing that everyone who happens by can see right in!

ALL OF THAT SAID, however, their mini-golf course was nice and we enjoyed playing pool and air hockey. they have a large indoor volleyball court, a pool, and work-out room (the standard bikes, elipticals, etc.). The grounds were nice enough . So not bad, but not great. (they did have the new washing machines which have no agitator, so you can actually fit a full load in there , although the dryer has not been updated to accommodate that much stuff.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank karensquirkies
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The unit we stayed at was very spacious with 2 BRs, 2 1/2 baths, kitchen, dinning and living area with a wood burning fireplace. Furnishing was dated but was clean through out. Kitchen was well equipped with all the necessary cooking equipment. The washer/dyer were convenient. Beds were too soft for my liking. Location is quiet with plenty of trees. Their clubhouse offered a gym with exercise equipment, a game room with a couple of pool tables and a decent sized swimming pool.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank German F
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We were in a 2 bedrm unit, # 167. My husband, my 9 yr. old grandson, my daughter, and myself were there Aug. 11 - 18. Despite the worn outside of the units, the inside furnishings were dated, but very clean and ample. We didn't come to spend much time inside anyhow.

The kitchen was sufficiently stocked and everything worked. Housekeeping brought us a potato pealer and measuring spoons that the previous guests must have taken home with them. Inventory is taken after each guest party leaves. We cooked in alot. We did have a mild ant problem a couple of times but maintinance came and sprayed with "green" friendly bug killer which did the trick. I appreciated the environmentally friendly approach. After all, the resorts are in the woods. Guests should understand that resorts in wooded areas try their best to curb the insect problem, but I advise that guests keep foods in air tight containers, the mircowave, or refrigerator. Never leave crumbs or dirty dishes or food sit out on the counter or table. And run the dishwasher after meals. Extra dishwasher soap and toilet paper, etc. are available at the front desk, just ask.

We used the sofa bed. It was descent but recommended for the kids. The other beds were comfortable. Showers worked fine. The safe in the rooms are a nice addition. I went to McDonalds up the road to use their free Wifi.

Black bears inhabit the area and frequently knock over the dumpsters to eat. Or just tear off the doors of the dumpsters. Caution should be used by guests to not approach these bears to get pictures. These are wild animals and 400 lb. fuzzy creatures are not tame. Yes, they are big bears. They make a mess but maintainance comes around daily to clean it up. We were told to leave them alone, let them do their thing, and they will wander away...to a different village I suppose.

The rec center is nice. The indoor pool is environmentally friendly containing salt water. The umnbrella water falls is a favorite with the kids. Squirt guns, soft tossing balls and noodles are all welcome. Bring them with you. It also has a 0 walk-in edge. Nice for the tots. The room and water are warm. A lifeguard is stationed at both pools. The outdoor pool is fresh chlorinated water. Very clean. There are ample lounge chairs around both pools. Pool towels are supplied but keep track of them, as they do. A missing towel will cost you a replacement fee of $25 each. There are locker rooms and showers / bathrooms at each pool area.

Also in the rec center is a full size gym for basketball and volleyball and other assorted games they plan. Board games can be borrowed from the desk. The game room / video room was clean and most games were in working order. They tried to fix any that were not working. We participated in planned games they offer. My grandson won a bingo game! We also enjoyed the miniture golf. There are 2 nicely laid out courses and they are kept clean of debris for the most part. $5 for guests for all day continuous play.

My grandson and I (I'm 62) went to TREEVENTURES at Fernwood Resort. It has been open about 2 months. We had a great time! There are 66 elements (tree obstacles) and ziplines to maneuver through. It took us about 2 hrs. to go through 4 levels. I thank my Jazzercise for keeping me fit enough to have done this. The price is reasonable. The staff is helpful. I recommend it for a different adventure. The location is close by. Get directions at the desk.

We took the trolley ride for some local info and scenery. Did some fishing at Hidden Lake.

New York City is a 1 &1/2 hr. drive. The Poconos are a great location to go vist NYC. We took Rt. 3 off of 80 in with no problem via the Lincoln Tunnel. Check on internet about repairs being done on bridges, etc. in choosing a route. GPS and maps helped us get around. We went to the Intrepid Sea Air & Space Museum. It is awesome! Tickets aren't cheap but staff and programs are great...Space Shuttle, submarine, and other displays. City tours are offered from the resort but we wanted to spend the whole day on the aircraft carrier. Parking lots are not cheap. We took a cruise past the Statue of Liberty...at night. "She" is beautiful, as are the city lights of New York City.

I would go back to Shawnee Village. There is alot of nature to do in the area!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank OhTravelinround
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I read many of the reviews before we went to this facility. They leaned mostly to decent but older, I decided the family would go and make up their own minds. We are always up for an adventure.
The facilites reminded me of rustic 2 story town houses in a beautiful woodland setting. We saw deer on the road almost every time we drove in or out of the property. The accomodations are a little outdated, some items closer to 70's-80's vintage, but everything was clean and well taken care of. We saw no evidence of any pesky critters other than a few woodchucks strolling around the grounds.
The bathrooms, bedrooms, sheets, towels, and kitchen were nicely cleaned. We had an older TV upstairs in the kids room, and a small flat screen in the master bedroom and downstairs living area. My favorite feature was a screened in porch, which we took advantage of, including the kids! No internet (there is a charge, but we refused to pay), so the kids READ BOOKS!! wow, I had to take a picture, as I was sure my daughter didn't know the front cover from the back cover.
the kitchen was clean so we minimally stocked it to have breakfasts and treats on hand.
The check in and check out was simple, efficient, and the staff was all very friendly. Our kids enjoyed the indoor and outdoor pool, and while we didn't get a chance to enjoy miniature golf, we will do that next time, as I know we will return.
Many very nice restaurants nearby, took a trolly tour, went to nearby antique stores and flea markets, and thoroughly enjoyed this trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family