“Not the best place to relax..”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shawnee on Delaware
Ridge Top Village at Shawnee
Reviewed 19 November 2010

Currently staying here at Ridgetop..while the scenery is great an very peaceful the accommodations are horrible. First day I walked into the bathroom and there was old toilet paper stuck to the side of the toilet...gum on the carpet, and very out dated linens. The beds aren't comfortable at all and in the kitchen ceiling there are tiles out of place..and I could continue..I guess the best features are the quiet area and the fact that shops and entertainment are nearby..but they seriously need to UPGRADE & put a lot more effort into CLEANING...I'd suggest bringing some kind of anti-bacterial cleaning spray!

• Stayed: November 2010

Reviewed 18 November 2010

My family stayed here over the Veteran's weekend. To our surprise, this "resort" didn't have housekeeping service. We had to use the same towels for 4 days. The best part is that the guest is responsible for taking out the trash and stripping the linens off the beds and placing it at the foyer at the end of your stay. I was told that if I want fresh linen, I should laundry it myself. What's the point of going to a resort to relax if you are doing all the chores yourself and paying good money to do it? I could have stayed home and did it all for free.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank j1703
Reviewed 25 September 2010

this is one of my favorite vaction spots. i go here every year its the best place. dont listen to ppl who dont like it this is awesome. the rooms are nice. the nieghbors are great, the pool is nice the view is beautful the staff is the bomb. ive been a shawnee member/owner since 2002. the spa is very nice. and my kids love the activities the also love the jacuzzi! its so peacful! last time we saw a wolf pack my kids had named all of them they were very friendly! i love going here id recommend this to everyone! :D its a bit expensive but thats okay!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank reviewer1239
Reviewed 4 September 2010

I knew not to expect much from the room. It was clean but outdated. We were there to travel daily so I decided to go for it. Didn't get much info at all from front desk. Drove 11 hours and then was told we had to wait over an hour for a room to be ready. Asked what we could do in the meantime. No reply. A map of the area would have been great- not just a map of the resort. We avoided the busy pools also. Lots of young, foreign neighbors who felt the need to party every night outside their rooms. At least the buildings were soundproof! Wish they would have left a survey for us to fill out. I would have mentioned the fruit fles and ants we were seeing in the room... even tho we weren't cooking any meals and kept our snacks in fridge. We were in a two bedroom with two upstairs baths and a bath downstairs. That was very nice since hubby, daughter and I could each have our own bath and shower. No screened porch. Would have been nice. Upstairs seemed hot. I turned the a/c down to 68 every night just so I could sleep comfortably. And we usually don't use air conditioning at home in the Midwest. Some might get a kick out of the wildlife at your back door. We saw deer and turkey every day. Don't know why the place couldn't offer free internet. You have to buy ATT. I didn't use it a lot since I could see all my neighbors' laptops and game systems listed in MY network! Would hope my firewall would stop them but who knows?

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lottylee1
Reviewed 12 August 2010

We stayed in RT 70, an older unit. We had two bedrooms and two bathrooms (both upstairs). Although our unit was comfortable and fairly clean (if you didn't look under the sink at the mouse droppings), this is NOT up to the usual standards of other Wyndham Vacation Resorts that we have stayed at. I was quite surprised. Some of the moldings around the floor were coming off, chunks of the kitchen wall were gone, two burners on the stove were not working, the dishwasher leaked and left a huge puddle on the floor, the air conditioning broke while we were there. I have to commend maintenance for coming in and fixing the dishwasher and the air conditioning promptly. They did not fix the stove. I'm definitely not a complainer, but I thought it was a given that Wyndham provided you with some of the necessities. There was no shampoo, conditioner or lotion and no kleenex that we have had at all other Wyndham resorts. There was no dish detergent and there was only one dishwasher detergent packet. Many Wyndhams provice salt, pepper, coffee and filters and microwave popcorn for at least one night. There was no extra roll of toilet paper, no paper towels, but there were plenty of garbage bags. There was a washer and dryer in our unit, but it was necessary to climb to the third step of a stepstool to get our clothes out of the dryer because it was so high. Also, the master bedroom only had a Queen size bed instead of the usual King bed in most places. Old coffee grounds had been left in the coffee pot and the coffee pot had not been washed. There was no clock/alarm in the bedroom. On the positive side, the activities provided in the Rec center were wonderful. There was something going on all day and early evening.

This resort is adequate, but certainly not up to Wyndham's standards. I'm surprised that it is a part of the Wyndham Resort system.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2010

We stayed for a weekend at the end of June. The weather was perfect. The one hour and fifteen minutes drive from Bergen County New Jersey to the resort is very easy. Straight up 80 and the resort is just off the highway. The check-in was very easy. We got our unit keys right away. The front desk attendant was extremely friendly.

Our two level unit is probably the hughest one in the Poconos. The area is very woodsy. The unit is clean and comfortable. The living area is large with very small TV, fireplace and sofa bed. The fully equipped kitchen has with full size refrigerator, stove, oven, microwave, toaster and blender. It also has all the pots, pans, plates, bowls and utensil you will need to fix a good meal. There is a few choices of supermarket and a Walmart is about five to ten miles away. The dining area has sitting for eight. There is full size washer and dryer in the unit. There is a half bath downstairs. The balcony is screened in and very large with two lounge chairs. The upstairs master bedroom has queen bed, TV and own shower. The second bedroom has two queen beds and TV. The main bathroom has Jacuzzi, shower and large vanity. There is a total of two and a half bath in this unit.

The resort offer activities for kids and adult everyday. Most of the activities are in the recreation area. The activities included Karaoke with wine, beer and cheese, kids craft, poker games, movie night, vineyard tours. There is a very large indoor pool and two outdoor pools. There is large game room and gym. A small library, miniature golf, two large golf courses, tennis court, basketball court, a river, water fall and endless trail for hiking. There is also a country store, a playhouse and playground for kids. You will not be bored anytime of the year. There is also skiing, snowboarding and tubing in the winter. Shawnee mountain has made many improvement over the year. This weekend we did canoeing on the river. That was a lot of fun. We will be back

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2010

We just spent a week at Ridgetop and had a wonderfull time.
We rented a condo there for half price from a timeshare owner
who couldn't make the trip this year -- what a great deal!!
Everything was fabulous.
We went rafting, swimming, hiking, golfing, dining, bikeing,
and had an all around wonderfull time.
The Water Gap Rec. Area was nothing short of fantastic with
some great rafting trips available.
I would highly recommend INTI- a Peruvian restaurant about
three miles from the Rec Center (ask for directions).
Excellent food and service.
Avoid Napoli Pizza and Pasta right across the street
(soggy pizza and rude uncaring wait staff).
We were just in time for the Wurst Festival at Shawnee Mtn.
Lots to see in the area.
Would definitely do this one again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shawnee on Delaware
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#2 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Cou...
#1 of 3 in Delaware Water Gap
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Ridge Top Village at Shawnee? Share your experiences!