“Fine, just older”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shawnee on Delaware
Shawnee River Village 2
Maryland
“Fine, just older”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

Fine place to stay, just know that it was probably built in the 1980's. It kind of reminds me of a ski cabin. But, it wasn't bad! You cannot go in expecting everything to be updated and modern. Again, it's an older cabin, but everything worked just fine. I thought it was a good location, right on a river. I thought it was a cute place to stay; we had a screened-in back porch, which was nice.The showers were small, but other than that, it was fine.

Room Tip: We had a room that had a water view- so maybe ask for that when you book. We also had a room with 2...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ronnie7782

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Bridgewater, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

Must say i was so leary about staying after reading so many negative reviews, well we were pleasantly surprised, i have 5 kids between 18-28, we all came and went at differnt times yet overlapping. Had a wonderful time, the place was clean roomy, beds comfortable, had all you need in the kitchen, plus a dishwasher and w/d. 2.5 baths, heat worked great and it got bitter cold, fireplace. It wasn't a five star hotel but that's not what we went for, went to relax and spend time as a family, this was perfect. Went to Stroudsburg and shopped the antique stores and others, had good meal. Hiked, shopped, sight seeing, So much to do in the area within few miles, ski, dine, shop. Great Restaurant was "The Gem" Brew Pub, and we have meat eaters, vegetarians and in between and there was enough on menu for us all. The pool & whirlpool were clean and with salt water, kids used the gym for basketball, etc. Had fun with pinball and other games, small workout room but nice equipment, staff terrific very accomodating. Highly suggest if you want a great relaxing time, pleanty of room with lots to do in the area.

Room Tip: we had villa R166, everything in working order with 2.5 baths which worked out nicely, corner unit s...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank BabbsD
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

Our friends were supposed to spend a week with their children, but something didn't work out, and they invited me and my husband to stay with them last Saturday and Sunday. After reading reviews I was expecting something old, dirty and horrible. Believe me, it was nice, pretty clean, warm unit. The only sad thing was the weather. It was raining and wasn't possible to ski. We still were able to walk around a lot. Staff was very helpful and nice and check it process took no time. If you ready to cook your meals, there is everything you need in the kitchen. I wish we can stay longer to rest and enjoy mother nature.

Room Tip: we stayed in unit R39, very decent
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank kaplunal
Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

First impressions upon arrival were really bad. Check in time was 5:00 pm, we arrived a few minutes early to find around 20 people in line. It took an hour to get to the desk just to check in. We were told the unit was not ready and it would be an hour. After travelling half a day this just wasn't acceptable. We were told we could go across the street to the pizza restaurant. After an hour we returned for our key, the room still wasn't ready. I asked to speak to a manager, obviously the manager did not want to speak to us and we were told that our room was now ready.

The unit was more than dated, it was reasonably clean although it did smell like it had been closed up for months, not nice. The kitchen was terrible, I don't think any of the dishes or cutlery had been washed or used in weeks. The sheets were too large for the beds, most uncomfortable. The TV was year dot. The furniture was so uncomfortable, just like sitting on orange crates.

We did not use the facilities so I can't make any comments in that area.

All in all we made the best of it and had a great time. We opened windows and either got used to the smell or aired out the unit.

The setting is very pretty, lots of trees and grassy areas. The pine trees were shedding and there were pine needles on the pathways that were not cleaned up, fortunately they were not slippy.

The area is a little delapidated, I'm sure it's had it's day as a honeymoon haven.

Room Tip: Not sure there are any good rooms. Call ahead and ask if the room is going to be ready.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carolelg

Travellers are raving about these Shawnee on Delaware hotels

Laurel, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

I was really expecting a horrific stay after reading the reviews. If you are expecting a 5 star resort, you will be disappointed (my mother in law was not happy ;) ). I grew up camping and this place reminded me of some of those childhood trips. My husband and I had a great time hiking, canoeing and relaxing. I wish there was a better local restaurant selection. Walmart is a great place to go stock up. If you are tall (hubs and I are both 6 foot) the showers are a little uncomfortable. Overall, I think this is a great place to bring a family - just don't expect to be constantly entertained. Bring some books.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank TravelinBon
Sacramento
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

I just came back from visiting Shawnee on the Delaware-River Village II unit 118. It is owned by Wyndham. It's not a 4 or 5 star resort but it is still very comfortable. Many of the units have been refurbished, meaning they have newer carpet (indoor-outdoor carpet), new tiles and paint. It is still pretty much an 80's or 90's motiff but my unit is clean and functional. The just put in the newer flat screen T.V.s in this unit. If you're looking for something clean and functional at a decent price, check it out. It also has a washer/dryer in the unit.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank crazyonu2
Woodstock, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

Be prepared to hear what is going on above and next to your suite. Stayed in the 2 bedroom unit and although the furnishings were quite nice we did not enjoy hearing the stereo from above or when they walked across the floor. We were in the more modernized units but as told by one of the reps there, not much they can do for sound proofing these older units.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Focused1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shawnee on Delaware
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn Matamoras
Hampton Inn Matamoras
#1 of 2 in Matamoras
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newton Sparta

Been to Shawnee River Village 2? Share your experiences!