“Worst experience ever!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shawnee on Delaware
Shawnee River Village 2
Livingston, New Jersey
“Worst experience ever!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Check in is 4pm. We arrived at 3:45 and they told us that the unit had not been cleaned yet. Should be about an hour. We gave our cell# and they would call us when it was ready. Went to Walmart to get groceries. 5pm - received a call while in Walmart stating room was ready. When we went to the unit, housekeeping was still there and they told us to wait outside because it may take another 30 - 45 minutes. Really!!! 'wait outside'. We went back over to check in and they apologized - the Mgr wouldn't come out from the back office but told us we could check out at noon instead of 10am. I was upset because we had perishables from Walmart. 6:15pm our room was ready. Unit was outdated and run down. Appliances very dirty. We had to clean and disinfect before settling in. But it gets worst....ROACHES were in the kitchen/laundry area!!!!!!
Maintence arrived with a can of ant/roach killer from the dollar store and told us the bugs may have been 'wood bugs' which look similar to roaches. I guess he thought we were stupid. Didn't not give us another unit. I was very upset and will not be visiting this resort again. Good luck people...go at your own risk!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Debbie C

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Averill Park, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stayed at River Shawnee Village 2 Columbus day weekend. Our 2 bedroom condo was perfect for a get away with my sister and our 3 children. It was perfectly clean, the beds were so comfortable that I actually slept through the night (that never happens). It was about a mile from the reception area where they have plenty of activities and in a central location to do almost everything that the Poconos have to offer. I would definately go back to this resort! Also, the condos near us were occupied, we didnt hear a peep from anyone. It was a very relaxing 3 day weekend!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Darlene M
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Before I review the unit, let me say that their front desk is slow. We arrived early 2pm, went thru pre registration, said they would call us when unit was ready. We decided to play a round of mini golf to kill time. By 4 pm the lobby was full, so I waited for any update and within 10 minutes got our key. At 5:20 we got a phone call that our room was ready, what a laugh we were already unpacked and having cocktails.
The unit R124 was spacious and clean. Yes outdated appliances and sparse furnishings, but everything worked, Soft master bed and weird red tub. Our patio faced the woods, so we had no steps to speak of. I was happy they had a shuttle bus (while hubby played golf), I signed up for excursion to local winery.
I doubt if I would return to this vacation rental but the area is beautiful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nekrum30
Williamstown, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was so disappointed in this resort. When we arrived it was good but then we went to our Villa and it was terrible. They are old, smell really, really bad from the wood burning stove. There were ants all over the kitchen. We called to get pillows and was told they were all out. The pool was dirty full of leafs. The shower stall was so small if you dropped your soap you had to get out to pick it up. I have another vacation coming up in October to stay at River Ridge One and I'm hoping they aren't this bad. My bedspread was dirty; called for a clean one. Nothing like turning your bed down and there is stains on the bedding...EWW. We had to wash the dishes before using because of the ants. Kept all of our food in the refrigerator. If there was something left on the table the next day covered in ants. The activities weren't very happening either. You have to pay 5.00 for miniature golf and my grandson was only 3 years old...Really, Come on...Wyndham what are you doing with this resort??
My family and I stayed for 3 days and I couldn't wait to go home. This is the worst for Wyndham. I really wouldn't recommend this place unless you don't care about the above then book away but I'm serious this was not a good labor day weekend.

Room Tip: I hear Crestview is nice but really hard to get a place there. They have limited space.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank Gloria L

Travellers are raving about these Shawnee on Delaware hotels

Manchester, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

After reading many reviews I became apprehensive about our stay at Shawnee River Village II. We are long time Wyndham owners (Fairfield before that) and we have never stayed in a bad place. The Wyndham site clearly states when the units were built and describes them as "rustic." There have been very few updates since construction. Two out of three of the televisions were new. The flooring, except the kitchen, appeared to be fairly new and the washing machine was state of the art. The dryer was old but perfectly functional. The fan in the freezer did get loud sometimes but kept our frozen items frozen. The stove, oven and microwave were in perfect working order. We were missing a remote for the DVD player and had a window that wouldn't close but maintenance quickly addressed these issues and resolved them to our satisfaction. The unit was clean when we arrived although the cleaning and inspection crew were just leaving an hour after normal check-in time. This unit was missing some of the things we have come to expect like a full compliment of personal items, a hair dryer and facial tissue but had plenty of kitchen utensils and towels. I can see where people who are expecting new furniture and granite would be put off but we liked the unit for it's cottage like feel and with two floors, two bedrooms and two and a half baths there was plenty of space for the four of us.

We made two longer day trips, one to Jim Thorpe (1 hour away) for whitewater rafting and one to Hershey (2 hours away) to visit HersheyWorld and HersheyPark. Our other activities, such as the Crayola Experience, hiking at Bushkill Falls and the Skytop Adventure course were closer. We also spent a little time at the outlet mall and enjoyed some of the resort amenities. Overall, we had a very nice stay. I would recommend this resort to people as long as they understand what type of unit they will be staying in.

Room Tip: It is important to know which type of unit you will be staying in and adjust your expectations accor...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank Shea V
Jupiter, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

After reading all the reviews, I was very leery walking into our unit. I was pleasently surprised that the unit was clean. As others have stated, older units. 2 story unit with TV's in every room. 2 1/2 baths and a washer and dryer. All the comforts of home. The ammenities at the complex were lacking. Exercise room was minimal and not worthy of my time. Garbage pickup was spotty and critters would enjoy themselves in the evening. It would be days between pick ups and the containers were overflowing. Close to golf and Poconos sites.

Room Tip: Call ahead and request a clean and updated room.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank bearcat382
South River, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

This vacation was given to us by my sister so we could have an affordable vacation this year. Yes, some little things are dated but trip has been wonderful. Staff is friendly and helpful. Pools are clean, activities are great for kids. Villa has some quirks but all is clean and functional. Master bed was a bit too soft for my taste but my sister likes soft beds as they stayed the first night. All appliances were clean and usable. All towels and sheets were clean. Carpet was clean...looked newer. While we were there, needed to call maintenance for a burner on stove that was not working and they arrived within 30 minutes. If you expect a 5 star hotel, you won't get it but for a family get away, this is great.

Room Tip: If you have any problems, contact maintenance.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Showmetheworld
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shawnee on Delaware
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn Matamoras
Hampton Inn Matamoras
#1 of 2 in Matamoras
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newton Sparta

Been to Shawnee River Village 2? Share your experiences!