“Shawnee business trip”

The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I love places with history and character, the Shawnee in has both! I really enjoyed looking at all the pictures and imaging what a place it must have been in it's hayday of the fifties and sixties with all the celebrity visitors.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Rob H, General Manager at The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Marcia K: Thank you for staying with us and relaying your experience. Our history and the character that our historic architecture provides is what makes us such an interesting and unique destination. The beauty of our area is what attracted the celebrities visitors here in and what keeps guests coming back year after year. We hope that you will return soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I love the Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort and want to return soon. The place seems to be about 100 years old with lots of scenic views and lovely grounds along the Delaware River. It has 27 holes of golf in addition to a par three course and a driving range and practice green. We stayed in the Inn and loved our room and all the historic photos hanging in the halls which helped to tell the story of the countless famous people staying and golfing at the resort over the years. There are condos and cottages to rent and an theater which I hope to visit someday. The Gem tavern is truly a "gem." I was only there for one night but next time I'll plan to stay longer. The staff gives guided tours of the grounds. You may canoe, golf, hike part of the Appalachian Trail, play tennis, bike or gather for songs and s'mores around the campfire in the evening. If you go in the winter, it's a short trip to Shawnee Ski Resort.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Brenda A: Thank you for choosing to stay at our historic resort. You are correct, we are about 103 years old. Our history is something we celebrate and want to continue to improve on the ability to tell our story. There are a plethora of things to do at Shawnee and the surrounding area. We are all about taking time out to enjoy the beauty of the area and the serenity of nature. Come again soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We went for a little rest and relaxation. As soon as my head hit the comfortable bed and pillows I went to sleep. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. There were many activities to do on site and nearby. This was a location I would definitely visit again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Carla S. - We are delighted that you were able to relax and feel comfortable at our historic resort. We hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you for your kind word. I will pass them along to our staff. We have many special events that can be enjoyed throughout the year. Please make plans to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

we keep coming back many times every year. the team treats us like family. Osman, Rob and the team do a great job. always accommodating and making us feel at home..our friends who joined us enjoyed their visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Warbal: Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff. Delivering exceptional service to every guest at every opportunity is an important part of the mission of our staff. We hope you eill continue to return and regard the historic Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort as you home away from home.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

If you stay at Shawnee, you have to rent a canoe, raft or kayak & get on the water. Awesome experience! The grounds at the resort are beautiful!! Easy to get to
Loved the farmers market on Tuesday & fun band

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Carolyn and Kevin K - Thank you for taking time to point out some of the most unique things abut the Shawnee experience. Spending time on the Delaware River, enjoying the farmer's market and concert every Tuesday night in the summer. We are blessed to be located in such a beautiful natural setting. We hope you can return soon to enjoy our "all natural water park."

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We was invited to come to this hotel by an owner-member of Club Wyndham. It was a Club Wyndham promotion. This happened during the memorial day weekend. We was enjoying ourselves near the hotel lobby. Then my friend was told by someone from the hotel who i find out later he is the assistant manager "Ousnam Sy", that we cannot consume alcohol in the lobby when I went back to my room to get something. When I came back down to the lobby, I was trying to find out from the front desk why we cannot hangout in the lobby. The Ousnam answered with a very bad attitude that we can't drink in the lobby. I asked why. He replied "IT IS THE RULE ". I asked "is it written anywhere. If it is, can I see it?" The assistant manager answered "no, it is not written, but it is the rule." I asked who made the rule. He said "WE MAKE THE RULE" in a very loud voice and said "If you don't like it, you can leave" I then asked for the general manager. Ousnam answered that the manager is busy, you have to wait here for an hour if you want to talk to him. I then called the contact number from Shawnee Inn website and was able to transfer to the manager voice mail and left him a message that I would like to speak to him. Within five minutes, the general manager Rob Howell came to the lobby and made himself available to talk to me. I explained the situation to him. Rob was able to provide me with the written rule and explained to me in detail s of each one. He was very kind and accommodating. I respect the rules and have no issue following the them since they are written.
However, my complain is that I should not be treated like this on my "vacation" provided by Wyndham. Being an assistant manager, he should be able to provide me a copy of the rules upon my request. And he should know the content very well being in that position.
I am very unsatisfied with the way that I was treated here in The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort. I am also very disappointed that Club Wyndham is recommending a hotel with this kind of services for their potential client.
I contacted Wyndham regarding the issue after the trip. After a few email exchanges, their reply was that Club Wyndham does not own or manage the Shawnee Inn. They denied that they are the one that got me into this hotel.

I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THE SHAWNEE INN AND GOLF RESORT TO SOMEONE I HATE.

TOO BAD I CAN'T LEAVE NEGATIVE STAR

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank sam m m
Rob H, General Manager at The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Sam MM - Thank you for your feedback. Though difficult to read, we must as a hospitality organization ensure that we are communicating properly. I am so sorry that we did not communicate clearly in the first place and that our staff was not succinct and pleasant in their response to your inquiry. To be clear to any readers, it is not the consumption of alcohol in the lobby, but the consumption of alcohol that was not purchased on property being consumed in the lobby or other public spaces. Sir, please be assured that this has been discussed with the staff member in question. You are right, you should not be treated rudely. I apologize for what occurred. I hope that you enjoyed the other amenities at the resort. We have a very good relationship with Wyndham and are very appreciative of their support. Please do not let this harm your impression of Wyndham or Wyndham/Shawnee Vacation Area. Please let me know if I can be of service.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Throughout this survey, I explained in detail our visit to the Shawnee. We realize it is really a "golfer's paradise" but it is a beautiful experience for non-golfers as well who want to enjoy a restful, relaxing get-away amid beautiful scenery and a very welcoming and friendly staff of people to insure all their needs are met!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maryann M

Maryann M - Thank your relaying the details of your experience. I certainly will share these comments with the rest of the staff. I am so glad that you had a chance to relax and see that this is a great place to either do any of the many activities that are available or just relax. We hope to see you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shawnee on Delaware
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Cou...
#1 of 3 in Delaware Water Gap
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!