The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort
Days Inn East Stroudsburg(East Stroudsburg)
US$65
US$185
Travelocity
Pocono Inn At Water Gap(Delaware Water Gap)
US$74
US$55
Paramount Motel(Stroudsburg)
US$64
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
US$108
Hotels.com
Super 8 Stroudsburg(East Stroudsburg)
US$60
Quality Inn - East Stroudsburg POCONOS(East Stroudsburg)(Great Value!)
US$87
QualityInn
All reviewsdelaware rivergolf coursebrew pubrocking chairsplay golfindoor poolroom restaurantriver viewbrewery tourfront porchbreakfast buffetbeautiful resortgeneral storefire pitthe delaware water gapjackie gleasonthe general manager
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We recently got back from a 4 days 3 nights getaway at Shawnee Inn. Nice outdoor view with well kept green lawn and flowers and nice old fashion appearance inside. First I have to say that we got a really great deal on the resort website which made us decided to booked this place. It's also very important that you DO NOT enter the resort address on the website into your GPS, instead call the resort and they will give you an address to enter into your GPS. For some reason the GPS doesn't pick up their address and we ended up in some hills and valleys into no mans land. upon arrival, a staff offered to help with our bags and the doorman held the door. I was already impressed. Check-in was nice and smooth, no long lines. I agree with those that mentioned that the rooms were small and this also include the double bed rooms, place was dated but not very very old, yes carpet can use a change and some remodeling wouldn't hurt, toothbrush holder was rusting and the toilet and shower tub make a sound when you flush the toilet, bathroom very small and can not hold two people at any given time and the toilet is very small. However, the room was clean, but We upgraded to a King suite same makeover needed. This room is much nicer & bigger with mirrored side wall, a huge king bed, sofa with a bed in the sitting area and a chair, 2 bathrooms, a round table with 2 chairs, most important was the mini fridge, TV etc. My daughter was sick with fever for most of the time we were there but we were able to go canoeing a day before checking out. You will find something to do, lots of paid activities and some unpaid activities on site, which include a game room and fitness room. The pool was cold but not freezing and a good size and the hot tub was enjoyable. As for food, the first night we ate at the River Room restaurant at the resort, we were too tired to go back out on the main to find a restaurant. However, you guys were right! this was the worst tasting food we've ever had, a matter of fact it had no taste, very small portion, cold and very expensive STAY AWAY!. We started eating out the rest of the time, and going to Perkins for breakfast which was 8 mins from the resort and the food was very good. The resort had a live band and a farmers market with other vendors on the front lawn. There's lots of old and older people at this resort but its doesn't take away from you having a good time. Our getaway was very good because the staff made this resort welcoming with their warm smiles and friendliness. I want to especially thank Ousman (front desk) you rock!....your one of a kind and my family and I thank you, Teresa (front desk), Tyrelle (River room not sure if i spell or say your name correctly) wonderful service. Also, thanks to the pool guy (I don't know your name) who works 4-10pm your friendly and funny and also thank for teaching me a little ASL, thanks to Igor at the spa who did a wonderful job giving me a well needed massage. Thanks to everyone at the Shawnee Inn, I hope to visit again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the ice machine, and housekeeping supply room, and ground floor close to check-in desk are noisy, avoid them if you can. Rooms next to elevators are not bad because people go to bed really early at night.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Rob H, General Manager at The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2014

Dear Nevkae: Thank you for your detailed, heartfelt review. I really appreciate the time you took to relay your Shawnee experience. We have a best rate guarantee on our website. We want to give you the best deal if you come to our site. Thank you for the GPS tip. It is unfortunate, but certainly necessary. I will pass along your accolades to each of the staff members you mentioned. Our staff is one of - if not our best asset. I am sorry you did not enjoy our restaurant. Our breakfast with made to order omelettes and waffles gets lots of accolades, but may not be for everyone. We look forward to seeing you again. I hope you might be able to get out on a guided hike or on the river.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We just got back from 4 days at the Inn. We rented a Standard room at a low rate. For the rate the room was very comfy and clean. It was small and there was no refrigerator which made it difficult to keep the milk that I purchased (to go along with the supplied coffee maker and a coffee) cold.

The Inn had great family activities for free- we learned archery, rode golf carts on a tour of property, had a campfire with s'mores and played frisbee on the lawn during a free concert. Very family friendly place.

They have rafting trips for rent right on the property. You can swim in the river, or just read on the front porch. Overall a very nice place. Would definitely return!

Room Tip: Standard rooms are small, bathroom are tiny.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Dawndev: Thank you for staying with us and writing about your experience. We have many recreational opportunities for guests to enjoy. Our beds are comfortable and guest rooms well appointed. As we begin to look at upgrades to the resort, I am sure will be considering refrigerators in more of our guest rooms. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

The facility was clean and neat, but the staff, while efficient, did not deliver a 4-star experience, which is what I expected for the price I paid for our sleeping room. The sleeping rooms were small and there was a lot of sound that carried over from the neighboring room.

1  Thank Steven O
Rob H, General Manager at The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2014

Dear Steven O: I apologize for the less then expected service you received. There is no excuse. The employee mission for our staff is to provide exceptional service to every guest at every opportunity. Please rest assured we will continue to tale about exceptional guest service everyday. Our resort is over 100 years old; our rooms have character they cannot be found in chain hotels. Each and every room is different in their own way. Please be patient as we are trying to update and restore these rooms without losing our charm. I hope you can appreciate our history and the changes we are making to improve by trying us again in the future.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We 've been to Shawnee Inn many times and it continues to deliver! We normally are there for ski season bug this time chose to go during summer which is busy season for them. There was a wealth of things to do including kayaking. &

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear 2chixmommy: I’m very pleased you choose to visit us in a different season as each season we offer a variety of unique activities. I hope you took advantage of our award winning golf courses or used the river adventures to float down the Delaware. Some guests join us just to relax on the veranda and take part in our camp fire and smores at night in every season. I look forward to seeing you this coming ski season and thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

My room was not ready at time needed and I had to dress into my wedding gown in a small board room with no air conditioning and no mirrors. Very upset
And annoyed with the whole situation. My self and my wedding party was very inconvenienced on such a very special day.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Christina M. I am so sorry this happened to you on your special day. I am embarrassed and cannot understand how you could end up in a room with no air conditioning. I trust that your ceremony and reception were beautiful and this did not ruin your special day. We certainly only wish you and the groom a long happy and healthy life together.