“relaxing and beautiful”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shawnee on Delaware
Santosha on the Ridge Bed and Breakfast Sanctuary
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
“relaxing and beautiful”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This was our second stay at Santosha on the Ridge. It is an amazingly beautiful, relaxing and welcoming place. The view from the deck is wonderful. My husband and I spent most of Saturday on the deck reading and talking. Breakfasts are delicious and Leslie and Amy are wonderful hosts - very friendly and warm. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable - every detail has been thought of in advance. We plan on returning every year to recharge our batteries.

Room Tip: Altho the most expensive room, "Naturescapes" was worth every penny. It has a king sized...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Reviewed 23 June 2012

After having my eye on this place for years, my wife and I finally had an opportunity to get away (from parenting) for a few days. I had built up Santosha in my mind as the perfect place to unwind, and trust me, it didn't disappoint. Our idea of getting away doesn't include heavy drinking and wild parties as we are certainly past that. Instead, the peaceful surroundings allowed us to talk, relax and reconnect. It was almost immediate once we found the place.
The views and grounds are away from everything and picturesque. The pics on the website are beautiful in person and our room was outstanding.
In addition, morning breakfast is prepared with fresh and organic ingredients, much of it from their garden, and is delicious.
Hiking and outdoor activities are very accessible year round and we spent most of our days hiking by beautiful waterfalls that weren't filled with tourists.
The people that run Santosha are so warm, welcoming and casual that you immediately feel at ease and you are encouraged to literally make yourself at home.
We are definitely going back, and may make this our number one weekend getaway destination.

• Stayed June 2012
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
Reviewed 26 May 2012

A beautiful spot in a beautiful part of the US!!! I was hesitant about a bed and breakfast for my marathon weekend. Every B&B that I've ever spent the night in was at best a horror movie.. Old furnishings in a old house with lots of old things around and people with strict rules. Not at ll what I needed before or after running a marathon!! Santosha could not be more opposite from my past experiences!! New, airy house overlooking the Appalachian trail. Accommodating home owner and assistant( they are both great but very different personalities). Breakfast was delicious everyday, the house was comfortable, and the views and ambiance was fantastic!! Couldn't recommend santosha more.

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool. A hot tub sits on one of decks. Quiet, views, delicious healthy food in a...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 May 2012

My husband and I recently made a last minute trip to Santosha from NYC. The weather was not on our side, but Santosha made up for it. We do quite bit of b & b-ing, and this is one of the most peaceful and relaxing places we've ever stayed. Amy was so gracious and wow, does that gal know how to cook a breakfast! If you're considering this area as a get-away, look no further than the beautiful house on the mountain. We look forward to a return trip.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 8 May 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at Santosha and it was a little peace of heaven. Leslie and Amy were lovely and made a great breakfast each morning. The property surrounding the bed and breakfast was beautiful. They made it feel like home and were very resourceful when helping us find things to do around the area. We would definitely go back again.

Deidre and Kyle

Room Tip: We stayed in the sunrise room which had big beautiful windows, so it felt like we were under the sta...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We had a wonderful time at Santosha. This wonderful hideaway could not have been nicer. Leslie made us feel right at home and could not have been more helpful or nicer. We enjoyed the lovely well appointed rooms and wonderful breakfasts, I do not want to forget to mention the lovely baked goods...I normally do not indulge in sweets but I could not resist! I would highly recommend this spot in the Poconos if you need to get away... Cath

• Stayed April 2012
Hicksville, New York
Reviewed 23 March 2012

This beautiful property is located in a small town near great hiking trails and resturaunts. We equally enjoyed/appreciated relaxing on the deck amongst peaceful surroundings (with the house dog Lucy - when she was not socializing with her neighbors). Thanks to Lisa & Kevin, we opted to join them in eating a "vegan" breakfast each morning - delicious!! Thanks again to Leslie & Lisa who work very hard and have a lot of positive energy.

Room Tip: The Naturescape room was quaint, roomy, comfortable and quiet. Although we loved the Naturescape roo...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,141 reviews
Mountaintop Lodge at Lake Naomi

Been to Santosha on the Ridge Bed and Breakfast Sanctuary? Share your experiences!