“A perfect escape in the Poconos”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shawnee on Delaware
Santosha on the Ridge Bed and Breakfast Sanctuary
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A perfect escape in the Poconos”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

After a week full of driving on a business trip, this was the best surprise. The B&B feels like a home away from home. It is decorated in beautiful mountain/peaceful charm without the kitschy Bed & Breakfast feeling you get from many places. No doilies, overwhelming fabric, or old furniture. We stayed in the only room on the first floor. It was a weekday so it was very quiet, so i'm not sure what it would be like with more couples and noise. You are literally in the woods, it's beautiful. The view is gorgeous, the surrounding gardens, labyrinth, and pond are fun to explore. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious. My husband and I will be going back, and I can't wait to do yoga on the porch!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We've stayed in the Sunrise Room twice and would like to move in. The food and people at Santosha are wonderful and helpful, especially if you care about health, well-being, yoga, or real relaxation. But the atmosphere, location, and view make the place. It gives you all the beauty and convenience of the Poconos in a setting that seems far removed from the bustle and kitsch that one also finds there. The soulful, spacious place invites you to reconsider things. And I should note that we actually got some work done and relaxed. Can't recommend it enough.

Room Tip: Sunrise is magnificent, but be ready to rise and shine early, as you might expect in a place defined...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 June 2012

We stayed in the Riverview room on a Saturday night. The room was great - super comfortable bed, spacious, private bathroom, the view out the window makes you feel like you're in a treehouse. The architecture of the home is beyond gorgeous. Light streaming through every window, beautiful furniture, modern and sleek but still home-y. We relaxed on the back porch with a bottle of wine late into the night on Saturday, and had no idea that there were other couples also spending quality time on the other porches until we all talked about how wonderful and relaxing the evening was at breakfast the next morning. So, definitely lots of space for privacy! Breakfast was super healthy, and very tasty. I can't wait to come back.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This was our second stay at Santosha on the Ridge. It is an amazingly beautiful, relaxing and welcoming place. The view from the deck is wonderful. My husband and I spent most of Saturday on the deck reading and talking. Breakfasts are delicious and Leslie and Amy are wonderful hosts - very friendly and warm. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable - every detail has been thought of in advance. We plan on returning every year to recharge our batteries.

Room Tip: Altho the most expensive room, "Naturescapes" was worth every penny. It has a king sized...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2012

After having my eye on this place for years, my wife and I finally had an opportunity to get away (from parenting) for a few days. I had built up Santosha in my mind as the perfect place to unwind, and trust me, it didn't disappoint. Our idea of getting away doesn't include heavy drinking and wild parties as we are certainly past that. Instead, the peaceful surroundings allowed us to talk, relax and reconnect. It was almost immediate once we found the place.
The views and grounds are away from everything and picturesque. The pics on the website are beautiful in person and our room was outstanding.
In addition, morning breakfast is prepared with fresh and organic ingredients, much of it from their garden, and is delicious.
Hiking and outdoor activities are very accessible year round and we spent most of our days hiking by beautiful waterfalls that weren't filled with tourists.
The people that run Santosha are so warm, welcoming and casual that you immediately feel at ease and you are encouraged to literally make yourself at home.
We are definitely going back, and may make this our number one weekend getaway destination.

• Stayed June 2012
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
Reviewed 26 May 2012

A beautiful spot in a beautiful part of the US!!! I was hesitant about a bed and breakfast for my marathon weekend. Every B&B that I've ever spent the night in was at best a horror movie.. Old furnishings in a old house with lots of old things around and people with strict rules. Not at ll what I needed before or after running a marathon!! Santosha could not be more opposite from my past experiences!! New, airy house overlooking the Appalachian trail. Accommodating home owner and assistant( they are both great but very different personalities). Breakfast was delicious everyday, the house was comfortable, and the views and ambiance was fantastic!! Couldn't recommend santosha more.

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool. A hot tub sits on one of decks. Quiet, views, delicious healthy food in a...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 May 2012

My husband and I recently made a last minute trip to Santosha from NYC. The weather was not on our side, but Santosha made up for it. We do quite bit of b & b-ing, and this is one of the most peaceful and relaxing places we've ever stayed. Amy was so gracious and wow, does that gal know how to cook a breakfast! If you're considering this area as a get-away, look no further than the beautiful house on the mountain. We look forward to a return trip.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shawnee on Delaware
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Cou...
#1 of 3 in Delaware Water Gap
#1 of 4 in Shawnee on Delaware
Pocono Palace Resort
Pocono Palace Resort
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek

Been to Santosha on the Ridge Bed and Breakfast Sanctuary? Share your experiences!