“A wonderful place for a getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shawnee on Delaware
Santosha on the Ridge Bed and Breakfast Sanctuary
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“A wonderful place for a getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

My husband and I found ourselves at Santosha on the Ridge for a quick weekend getaway. We've been up to the Shawnee area before but have never stayed at a B&B in the area. Santosha owner, Leslie, knows how to operate a B&B the right way. She was very accommodating to our slightly late check-in time, keeps a very clean and tranquil home, and is very talented in the kitchen. Those scones could single handedly detrail my low cholesterol diet!

My husband and I stayed in the Sunrise room. The room was spacious, with a king sized bed, a sitting area, and a massive bathroom. The bathroom featured a freestanding tub perfect for a soak after a long day of hiking, and a walk-in shower with two showerheads. The room also had central air conditioning and a ceiling fan for climate control, and huge windows with a killer view. Everything came together to create an ambiance that cannot be matched. The only thing that our accommodations lacked was cable TV, but let's be honest, who goes to the Poconos to sit on their butts and watch TV? If you do want to stay in your room for the evening, you can borrow a TV and DVDs, so you're not void of entertainment.

The grounds of Santasha are mindblowingly beautiful. It's hard to put into words the amazing view from the back deck. And you have ample opportunity to soak it all up by lounging in the hammock, on the two-person porch swing, or in one of the rocking chairs. You'll also be greeted by plenty of birds and frogs, including some very social hummingbirds.

I wish Leslie had prepared all my meals during my two-day stay. That's how good her cooking is. Our lackluster dinners in Shawnee and Stroudsburg didn't hold a candle to her all natural and organic breakfasts. On our first day, we had personal-sized quiches, with broccoli, cheese, and fresh herbs from the garden. On our second morning, we had blueberry waffles. Also amazing!

While B&Bs of this caliber are not cheap, you also get what you pay for. My experience at Santosha was a heck of a lot better than your typical hotel stay. It's definitely a place to go if you want a good, comfortable night's sleep. I'm looking forward to going back again in the coming months!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank luckyJQ9
Sant0sha, Owner at Santosha on the Ridge Bed and Breakfast Sanctuary, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for your kind words. Just for the record....though the scones have some butter, the flours are organic whole wheat spelt, almond flour, and ground flax with maple syrup and chocolate chips...didn't I read somewhere that a little chocolate was good for just about everything? It is my wish for you to feel like my guest and leave with the intention of creating something of Santosha in your own life....even scones...look forward to having you back next time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Harvard, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

My college and I stayed there as we had business near by. What an amazing B&B! The views are breath-taking! Leslie the owner is a gem and her breakfasts are DELICIOUS! She accommodated our early morning work schedules and made sure coffee was ready and we were well fed before we headed out for the day.... Her scones are to die for! The B&B has Wifi so we were able to catch up on our work emails on the deck. It made the business trip enjoyable! I will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Sant0sha, Owner at Santosha on the Ridge Bed and Breakfast Sanctuary, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
We were happy to accommodate you..look forward to having you back in the future for work or pleasure.
Flemington, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

My husband and I have just returned from the most amazing peaceful and restorative stay at Santosha on the Ridge. It was a brief week-end get-away that felt like a full-blown vacation - all thanks to the tranquil warm and cozy atmosphere at Santosha. My first impression was that the pictures didn't do this place justice - it is even more beautiful and inviting in person! It is so thoughtfully decorated and very well-maintained! True to its name, Santosha is truly a place of satisfaction and contentment. Every element of the home and its surroundings radiates peace and harmony. Every Santosha tradition and care from the hosts delights and inspires. We very much enjoyed our restful stay, delicious healthy breakfasts and rejuvenating atmosphere of Santosha. We will definitely recommend it to friends and hope to be back again soon.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Beautiful rooms, great food, personable and wonderful inn keeper. Exceeded all expectations. Stayed in nature scape room, large room great balcony overlooking pond. Pictures don't do this bed and breakfast justice. Highly recommend, stayed for a 40th birthday and booked for May again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

I drove from a Western PA and stayed 2 nights during the week. I worked in the mornings and then came back to Santosha and worked on my paperwork. Internet was fast and there was a great work area. I chose to sit on the sofa and was able to enjoy the fireplace and the view. Breakfast both mornings was amazing. If I'm in the area for work again, I'll stay there again! I loved the ritual when leaving. I was so relaxed and the B&B was spotless.

Room Tip: If your traveling alone, the room downstairs closest to the living room is perfect!'
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I relaxed at this fantastic B&B for a winter get away. The food was outstanding and fresh, our room was warm with comfort from the moment we walked in. I recommend this B&B highly, plan to go back next year to ski the weekend away again :)

• Stayed December 2013
Shawnee on Delaware, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Meticulous, Immaculate, charming place to chilax. What I did: slept late in the perfect cozy bed. Was in a great dilemma getting out of bed, but who could really resist the smell of freshly made breakfast with freshly baked pastries and coffee wafting up to the room. Then i hit the hot tub and dressed. Then took a brisk walk to the Shawnee Playhouse to catch a matinee. Walked to the local brewery a few steps away for a three beer sampler. Came back and enjoyed the grounds. A stone's throw to Delaware Gateway Park with all its activities and beauty. Leslie pointed me in the direction of the charming downtown area and to a different hiking path each day.

Each afternoon, i sat on the veranda overlooking the fall foliage filled park valley and I read and wrote in serenity and beauty.

BUT really the piece de resistance is Leslie and her staff. Smiles and graciousness abound. Every detail is really anticipated. Leslie and Santosha get it. A perfect vacay.

Room Tip: All the rooms are gorgeous, I really enjoyed the sunrise room. Bright and roomy and charming, with...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,130 reviews
Mountaintop Lodge at Lake Naomi

Been to Santosha on the Ridge Bed and Breakfast Sanctuary? Share your experiences!