“Average”

201 West
Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in Shillington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Near Reading, PA. Casual fine dining.
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I was there for a business meeting and we walked in, they had no record of us and had to move a few tables together. The server sat us and them was Mia for 15 mins. But the food was ok, limited lunch menu and the interior a little bland. Could use some color or contrast. I'd say of for a biz meeting but nothing romantic.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I would love to say I tried something but I did not. I went in and sat down at the bar because I saw they had a new martini/wine bar sign outside. I asked the bartender do you have a drink menu and she looked at me like I had two heads and proceeded to tell me no in a not so nice way. She asked me if I would like to see a wine list and I said sure. She put a table tent in front of me with about 6 wine choices. Wine and martini bar-not. You guys need to work on a few things to compete with others in the area. Just not a concept. Fulfill the concept. I hope it works out for you

Reviewed 19 August 2013

My husband and I came here for a belated anniversary a few nights ago and were very impressed with the cuisine and the server. I started off with the best french onion soup I've ordered in a long time. He ordered the fettuccine Alfredo with a generous portion of sea scallops and I ordered the chicken chasseur. His was your average Alfredo sauce, but mine was absolutely wonderful, with a rich tomato and cream base and chunky bits of tomato and mushroom, plus herbs. It was so good that I dumped my vegetable medley onto it, just so I would not have to waste any of the sauce. It came with new red potatoes sauteed to perfection-no sauce needed. We topped it off with their signature dessert, the English toffee pudding: an English-style bread pudding made with bread crumbs, soaked in a toffee glaze, and topped off with fresh whipped cream (and I mean fresh - not the readi-whip stuff out of a can). After a walk around the block to settle our over-full stomachs, we both agreed: this was our best anniversary meal in a long time. Good job, 201West!

Reviewed 22 May 2013

I've eaten here many times before. This past visit, I was intrigued by the seared Ahi Tuna but it was to be served with Wasabi Aoli which I am not a fan of. The chef whipped up a sauce on the fly that was amazing and made for an incredible meal. Great portions and delicious!

1  Thank Chad C
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Average decor. Almost confusing as the front has a pub look then in the room we sat in there was a gold frame mirror with an awful Lancaster County mural on a adjacent wall. There is no synergy.
After telling the waitress several times we were not ready to order she got the owner and he suggested we order as it was Saturday and he was expecting a crowd. Really? We were drinking just not ordering meals yet. Not cool!
My filet was dry. Unexpected. Others thought their meals were ok to very good (crab cake).
For the money I would find another local gem before returning.