“slimy fish”
Review of Deluxe Restaurant

Deluxe Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Shillington
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I ordered the fried haddock,it was slimy and undercooked. The french fries were linp and soggy inside.They a free dessert for my terrible dinner,the coconut custard pie was watery and the crust was hard. What a disastrous dinner!We ate there because it convenient to our hotel,never again! It was a haven for senior citizens.The service could have been better.I was ill all night and all the next day!

Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

We stopped in for breakfast - couldn't believe how fast we got our order. Food was great & exactly how we ordered it. Very friendly staff. Would stop in again, if we're in the area!

Reviewed 17 August 2013

We went out for a good meal after returning from a family visit out of town . My husband suggested going to the Deluxe. It is a family run restaurant with very good Greek food. The menu is quite varied with everything from burgers to seafood and many Greek specialties. My husband had the grilled haddock which came with two sides. He really enjoyed the fish but thought the fries could have been better. I chose the Moussaka with just a house salad. The portion I got was very satisfying and I savored every bite. It was that good! Every table was greeted by Mama who is one of the owners. She was especially happy to hear the great comments on my Greek meal. I had coffee while my husband had a Coke. Bread and butter were brought to the table . The waitress was very attentive and pleasant. Very unusaual but my husband just had to try the plum pie which he said was very, very good. Generally we do not eat dessert but this was an exception. It is a great place for good food at a reasonable price. There is a Best Western hotel nearby so many travelers also eat here. In fact we met a couple from Arkansas who were traveling through the area.

1  Thank Caroline P
Reviewed 25 July 2013

They serve a great breakfast...lots of choices and reasonable prices. I ordered scrapple for my "meat". I like my scrapple with horseradish. I over heard our waitress explain to another waitress that she brings in a special stock of locally made horseradish for her customers. So delish!

Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

Depending on when you go, the service can be super slow when its dead, and some of the waitresses are there and gone rather quickly. Food is quite good, but excel most on its Greek Dishes. Combination sandwich is good.