Quality Inn & Suites Shippen Place Hotel
Courtyard
US$55
US$38
RodewayInn
Sleep Inn & Suites Chambersburg(Chambersburg)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$106
Country Inn
US$65
US$109
All reviewsshippensburg universitycollege townking streetplanet fitnesshorse and buggynice spacious roomcentrally located in townconstant noisestreet trafficparking lot sidesmall hoteluniversity grillplace to stayin house restaurantfront desk clerkchain hotelsconvenient hotel
Reviewed 7 September 2008

There are very few hotels located in Shippensburg, our son attends Shippensburg University, and we needed a place close to the school. I read the reviews about this hotel and decided to try it. It was a pleasant experience, nice hotel, clean and the staff there was courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2008

We visit family each year in Shippensburg, PA. This was our first stay here. This hotel on the main street is more like an English Hotel with its reception lobby and an adjoining dining room and bar area. There is a rear patio for dining or to have a cocktail in the warmer months, when we were there. The patio has a wall blocking the parking lot view. The place is a little gem, for such a small town. I agree with the previous reiewer that the beds could be a little more comfortable. They are kept clean. Many of the staff, for the most part, seem to be students at the local University. The rates at $89.00/nightly could not be beat for such a large room. It definitely beats the ho-hum chains off the freeway ramps.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2008

I stumbled across this hotel during an internet search for the Shippensburg, PA area. I was traveling to Shippensburg for a last minute visit with family friends and was unable to get a room at the larger chain hotels in town. The price here was right and the reviews I could find were positive.

After staying here, I would agree with the earlier reviews. The rooms are basic, but clean. The continental breakfast is mediocre, but as expected. I also found it strange that the cleaning staff and front desk clerk routinely helped themselves to the breakfast spread while the guests were still in the room. It appears this is also the hotel staffs normal breakfast.

From what I gathered talking to the staff, the hotel is owned by Shippensburg University and is normally reserved for the university's distinguished visitors. The hotel has a lot of potential, but as it is right now it is just a place to crash while you are enjoying the Shippensburg area. Do not expect anything more than a clean room and free ice!! I personally found the beds a little uncomfortable and in need of replacement. Overall, I would stay here again if traveling thorugh the area.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank WorldTraveler807
Reviewed 6 September 2007

My husband and I live in the next town but just wanted some alone time from the little darlings. We chose the Shippen Place because it was close and locally owned. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was not very busy. The rooms were tastefully decorated and didn't look completely "hotelish". Nice and comfortable. It was very quiet and the price was just right~actually cheaper than the Sleep Inn. We were VERY pleased with the room.

My husband and I weren't crazy about the breakfast. Just your typical boxed cereal, boxed muffins and such. There were cheese danishes, but I won't tell you what was growing on the bottom of it. Luckily I noticed it before I took a bite into it! EEeee...! I thought it also strange that as the guests were eating, the cleaning staff came in and helped themseleves to coffee and the food. Not that I cared, but most restaurants (except fast food) don't allow the on duty wait staff to eat among the patrons, so I thought it a bit odd that the hotel staff was allowed to eat off the guest buffet. Again, not important, just odd!

Overall, a very nice hotel. By far the best choice in Shippensburg!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank RHenry
Reviewed 21 May 2006

We stayed in Shippen Place for a 2 nights. It was perfect in every way. The rooms were super clean and the restaurant was great. Nice town.

• Stayed: April 2006