“Acceptable emergency stop”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Shippensburg
Greer, South Carolina
“Acceptable emergency stop”
Reviewed 27 October 2012 via mobile

We stopped at this Motel when our car blew a tire and the PA State trooper recommended getting off at the Shippensberg exit. The rooms were fine and I was actually impressed that some things like the bathtub/shower area looked new. The rest of the room did show its age but for a last minute stop the rooms were acceptable. There is a continental breakfast available which only featured white bread and plain English muffins. The orange juice machine was out of juice. Again, I wouldn't seek out this motel as a destination but in this emergency we had a relatively clean place to lay our heads. One thing I noticed was that the white face towels all looked dirty. Every one in both rooms had a dingy appearance.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Elizabeth Y

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Mc Caysville
Reviewed 20 September 2012

It's not the best place to stay, but funds were tight and I needed a cheap hotel room. We had some issues to attend to in Chambersburg, one city over, and all the hotels over there were far too pricey. At first, I was a little apprehensive once I saw the location and the condition of the inn, but once inside the room, all was calmed. The room was small, but very clean and on the front side, facing the interstate. Plus, we were right next to the front desk, so that was a plus. The owner tried to work with us if we had issues and overall, it was a good stay. I will say I don't like being that close to the road, but it was worth it. I would stay here again if I was up there. By the way, this was in July of 2012.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Grove City, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We were late in booking a room and this was the only place available. I reserved two rooms. One for my parents and one for my hubby and I. My parents were given a room on the back side of the hotel, which was remodeled. We were given a room that was not remodeled. It was so filthy. I wiped a clorox wipe on the bathroom counter and it was brown! There were hairs lying on the bathroom floor and on the toilet and in the tub! The floors were filthy. After reviewing our room I decided I would much rather sleep in my car than stay in this place. When approaching the front desk with our issues, I was told that the room WAS cleaned!! The floor WAS vacuumed,...and they didn't want to give me my money back!! They did MINUS a fee!! I wouldn't take my shoes off in that place let alone lie on the bed! It was by far the dirtiest hotel I ever stepped foot in! If the room were FREE I would have refused it! If I could give it negative stars I definately would!! We were going to stay in this room in 2009 not the date it shows above and it was in May.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Central PA
Reviewed 6 September 2011

This was a basic cheap hotel. The beds were ok, but clean. The room had a fridge and microwave. Room seemed clean. We were a little worried about the road and local noise, but we found it pretty quite once in the room. Bring a noise/sound machine if you are sensitive to extra noise. Ours drowned out the last remaining sounds. Overall, would stay there again if only needing a place to crash for a few hours.

Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank crlacey80
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shippensburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shippensburg
#9 of 16 in Chambersburg
Shippen Place Hotel
Shippen Place Hotel
#1 of 6 in Shippensburg

Been to Rodeway Inn Shippensburg? Share your experiences!