“Very nice hotel on I-81”

Best Western Shippensburg Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Shippensburg
Johnson City, United States
“Very nice hotel on I-81”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Everyone was friendly and helpful. They recommended a very nice restaurant that we never would have found on our own. The place was very, very clean. We enjoyed the pool and a very good breakfast. Our dog, Zorro, loved the surrounding lawns!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Fair Haven, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was a very disappointing stay! I came with my granddaughter and friend. Our non-smoking room smelled mildly of cigarette smoke, the hall reeked of it! Since my granddaughter is allergic I had to worry constantly about her asthma being triggered.
The hot tub was out of order, the sauna marginal, and the pool filthy. I had to pull my granddaughter out when I saw balls of hair floating around. We went right to the shower to wash thoroughly, for the three of us there was a bar of soap and one thing of shampoo. Considering how dirty the pool was I felt we should have been provided with much more. I am not looking forward to the breakfast.
The gentleman at the desk was very helpful and courteous. He needs to find a better place to work.
Best Western is no longer on my list of places to stay!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
1 Thank Shelley T
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Got a smoke free room? I don't believe so hall was filthy and reeked of smoke. Room was so so. The pool was the pits, filters stopped working months ago. Ratings said best in area compared to WHAT. Would not recommend to any one keep driving on.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Theresa M
Roanoke, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Bed and linens were poor quality, towels were paper thin, water pressure and heat of water was poor. Carpet was nasty and the bathroom floor was dirty. Food at the breakfast bar was the same nasty sausage links, and canned gravy and powder eggs. I had oatmeal and a waffle one day which was good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Vicky C
Patterson, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I am sorry to say that our rooms were dirty and the only thing that made this work was the ease off of I-81. We had read reviews and they said it was clean. Sorry had to disagree. The staff were nice. However even the breakfast was lacking. The eggs truly tasted like they were powdered.

1 Thank Jim J
brentwood
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We've stayed here a few times. The pool, hot tub and sauna are excellent! Rooms are always clean. Staff is very friendly. Breakfast is awesome! Easy off and on I81. Lot's of stuff to do in the area as well. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Canton, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Rooms were too small, beds were too small and the entire hotel smelled of smoke! pool had too much chlorine and heard that their small fitness room all the equipment was broken except for 1 machine. The only good thing about this hotel was the woman who was in charge of the breakfast area everyday! She was awesome!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Craig S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shippensburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shippensburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg
Best Western Chambersburg
Best Western Chambersburg
#8 of 16 in Chambersburg

Been to Best Western Shippensburg Hotel? Share your experiences!