“not recommended”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Shippensburg
Hampton Bays
“not recommended”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

don't bother staying here unless you are desperate. Two hundred characters are necessary to submit this review on Trip Advisor???? Hair in bathroom, whirlpool not working, bathrooms need an overhaul. Breakfast was decent & attendant was on top of everything.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I have been here all weekend and thoroughly enjoyed my stay so far. The nonsmoking room was clean and DID NOT smell like smoke at all. The hot tub was down but I wasn't looking to use that nor did I know they have one when I made my decision to stay here. They a small indoor pool. The hotel is up to date with appliances. The room had a fridge and microwave. Flat screen tv. Clean bathroom. Clean room period. Most importantly courteous professional staff and NO BED BUGS! Keep up the good work Best Western of Shippensburg! I will be back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Johnson City, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Everyone was friendly and helpful. They recommended a very nice restaurant that we never would have found on our own. The place was very, very clean. We enjoyed the pool and a very good breakfast. Our dog, Zorro, loved the surrounding lawns!

Fair Haven, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was a very disappointing stay! I came with my granddaughter and friend. Our non-smoking room smelled mildly of cigarette smoke, the hall reeked of it! Since my granddaughter is allergic I had to worry constantly about her asthma being triggered.
The hot tub was out of order, the sauna marginal, and the pool filthy. I had to pull my granddaughter out when I saw balls of hair floating around. We went right to the shower to wash thoroughly, for the three of us there was a bar of soap and one thing of shampoo. Considering how dirty the pool was I felt we should have been provided with much more. I am not looking forward to the breakfast.
The gentleman at the desk was very helpful and courteous. He needs to find a better place to work.
Best Western is no longer on my list of places to stay!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
1 Thank Shelley T
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Got a smoke free room? I don't believe so hall was filthy and reeked of smoke. Room was so so. The pool was the pits, filters stopped working months ago. Ratings said best in area compared to WHAT. Would not recommend to any one keep driving on.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Theresa M
Roanoke, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Bed and linens were poor quality, towels were paper thin, water pressure and heat of water was poor. Carpet was nasty and the bathroom floor was dirty. Food at the breakfast bar was the same nasty sausage links, and canned gravy and powder eggs. I had oatmeal and a waffle one day which was good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Vicky C
Patterson, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I am sorry to say that our rooms were dirty and the only thing that made this work was the ease off of I-81. We had read reviews and they said it was clean. Sorry had to disagree. The staff were nice. However even the breakfast was lacking. The eggs truly tasted like they were powdered.

1 Thank Jim J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shippensburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shippensburg
#7 of 16 in Chambersburg
Super 8 Chambersburg I-81
Super 8 Chambersburg I-81
#9 of 16 in Chambersburg

Been to Best Western Shippensburg Hotel? Share your experiences!