“Surprised by reviews. Good experience for us.”

Select Family Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 45 Restaurants in Shippensburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Wow, good thing I didn't see the reviews before eating here because I would've missed a good meal. We got in to our hotel down the street past normal dinner time and my daughter wasn't really hungry for a full meal, so we thought the Select Diner/Restaurant would offer more options than the hotel restaurant. My mom and I had a meal and my daughter had pie-- it was a huge piece (easily two of a normal cut), but it was after the dinner rush and the waitress was very generous. I had one of the "homemade" specials of the day, stuffed pork chops and it was delicious and I couldn't finish my portion. My mother's meal was equally as good. Some of the other reviews criticized lunch, maybe that is a weak spot, but we were very satisfied with our dinners. It was also very clean there. There are patio tables to eat outside as well or sit inside by nice big windows facing the main street which lets you take in the Amish going through town in their buggies We are not from Shippensburg, so can't claim to be regulars. Based on our experience though, we would try it again.

1  Thank UkieFinnGirl

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We went here for a quick lunch, and were disappointed. I think everything we were served came out of can or a box. Reminded me of bad day in the high school lunch cafeteria.

2  Thank PatrickStevie
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Great food, great service, great price! Very pleasantly surprised. The portions were very large and the food was very tasty. You won't be disappointed!!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

When Select first opened I was excited for a 24 hour sit down place in Shippensburg and Select didn't dissapoint. However, in the last 6 months (it's currently January 2014) Select has really started to go down hill.

In September 2013 I went in with friends for a later dinner and we left after 15 minutes when the staff didn't even acknowledge us.

Later than month we complained about clearly overcooked chicken in my dinner meal and my husbands grilled chicken salad the waitress offered us 10% off and seemed more concerned about her manager not knowing about the complaint than she did helping us.

We've been back a few times since then and it's just not good. The food quality isn't great and the staff is snarky at worst or disinterested at best.

2  Thank diva3713
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My fiance and I went to the select restaurant in search of a decent club sandwich. The waitress immediately asked us if we would like a drink she brought us our drinks back in a timely fashion unfortunately mine had a bug in it. I asked her to return the drink and bring me a new one she did so kindly and apologized. I ordered a turkery swiss and bacon club sandwich. AgainI rreceived the food in a timely manner but my sandwich had no cheese on it. I again asked the waitress to return my food. She came back and asked if they could just put the cheese on the side I refused and said I no longer want it. She then attempted to bring the sandwich back to me at which point my fiance told her to take it away. My fiances food was made ok she ate a little as we sat and listened to the staff discuss the situation that occurred acting as if they couldnt be heard.

2  Thank imperio1919