“Great find in small town!”

CJ's American Pub & Grill
Ranked #1 of 46 Restaurants in Shippensburg
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Casual full service restaurant. CJ'S offers only freshly prepared food. We offer a full bar and at take out menu.
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here on a road trip that passed up 81. This was a great find for a pleasant evening of great food and a few beers. CJ's has a good selection of beer on tap and micro-brews, filling the bill as a local American pub. I chose the pulled pork sandwich And my husband had the ribs. Barbecue was tender, juicy, and perfectly smoked. You get a selection of sauces that can fit your own style. Homemade chips completed our plates just perfectly. We were happy and full, but saw an awesome carrot cake pass by, and had to try it. That dessert was to die for! We'll be back here-- my husband will make this his first stop with friends on his next Gettysburg tour. Where it all began......we'll, wasn't there beer?
Ps- parking, a problem on town, is easy here. The bar is handsomely decorated in woods, with a lovely bar and a dinning area for those who prefer a booth. In short, you can have a comfortable night at CJ's, whatever your style,

1  Thank Wanderingwest

Reviewed 8 March 2014

If you want a burger and beer, this is a good place to stop. Several burgers to choose from and the bar is capable to handle your thirst. Several interesting entrees to select from as well. Nice small town feel in a newly remodeled eatery.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We were doing a college tour with our son. We stopped here for lunch on a snowy Sunday.
The dining area was pretty full. It was clear that two servers were trying to handle the whole room that we were in. They were running around quite a bit but seemed to be getting to everyone. We were served drinks promptly and our order was taken promptly. The menu had a good variety from sandwiches to meals. The sandwiches and apps seemed well priced. Sandwich for 7 to 9 bucks. I did see entrees that were $25 and up. Seemed over priced for the look and feel of the place. My family got sandwiches which were good but not great. Three people and our bill was $34.00 - not too bad..just had soda to drink.
My brisket sandwich was good - not great. Interesting menu but could have better execution.
Would probably go back if my son ends up going to school in the area.

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

This is not a cheap place to eat or drink. Our bill for two people always is around $80, and I just get a salad! The service is inconsistent. We've been here often since it's opened, and sometimes we have great service, other times we sit a long time waiting to order a drink or ask for our bill. Overall, the food is good, the best in town. And it's nice they always have micro brews on tap!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I have been to CJs a few times since they opened. I've been there for lunch and dinner in a group or with one other person. I really like CJs, the bar area in CJs is beautiful - dark wood and nice lighting - it feels warm and creates a nice atmosphere.

The menu is creative and fresh - I have had a grilled chicken salad, steak salad, lettuce wraps, asparagus, french fries, sweet potato fries, Cameron's burger with grilled chicken, and a few of the soups. All of them have been delicious. My favorite is the steak salad, Cameron's burger (this was truly amazing) and the french fries. I have never had less than great food there.

CJs is smart to use a dessert tray instead of a regular menu - it's hard to say no when it's right in front of you. Of the items I have tried - the chocolate cake and tiramusu are wonderful, the cheesecake is bland.

CJs is a good addition to the town and the surrounding area. A lot of places in Shippensburg serve a similar menu, but CJs is set apart by the decor and the quaility of the food. The service could be a bit faster on drink refills, but it's a small price to pay for good food.

1  Thank diva3713