“Below average diner”

Mal's American Diner
Ranked #21 of 32 Restaurants in Skippack
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Old and tired. Food is so/so. Place needs updating and slightly overpriced. It is centrally located in the middle of town. No liquor license

2  Thank Paul W

Reviewed 26 August 2013

i was kind of nervous to stop here because of the reviews i have read. i'm so glad i did!! I have been there a few times since. On a sunday morning it was very busy (expected) but my meal was fabulous. The next time i came was on a wednesday night and I got a dinner. it came with a soup, or a salad. Great portions, Great price, and Great service (young girl named Teddie) . I have recommended friends there as well, and all were pleased!

I don't know if something changed in the last year there staff wise, but i was truely pleased.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This is one of my favorite places to eat in the Skippack area. Great food, reasonable pricing and the staff are wonderful. Stop and have a meal, you won't be sorry.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

I try to give everywhere the benefit of the doubt and when I have a poor experience, I like to give a place another try! This is the 'neighborhood' diner in Skippack and we wanted to love it but after three visits over the past year, we just can't. The atmosphere is bleak. The coffee and food never quite achieve mediocre and the service is uninspired.

We've crossed this one off our list for good.

2  Thank Ann Marie E
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I stopped here for lunch on my way through Montgomery County.

The outward appearance is upscale, but the interior is strictly diner, though it is clean and well-kept.

I sat at the counter and ordered a bowl of chili, which was very meaty and flavorful. At $4.50 for the bowl, it was a good value.

I then had a grilled chicken caesar salad, which is available with a few different options. I had mine with spinach (instead of romaine lettuce) and blackened chicken. It was a very nice salad with plenty of fresh spinach leaves, an nicely blackened chicken breast that was cut into strips, and a decent caesar dressing.

Service was quick and friendly. Total cost for my meal, with a soft drink, was $18.29 plus tip.

I would stop here again. It was raining or I would have sat at one of the outdoor tables. Maybe next time?