“Worst service ever; sorry I took a guest”

Mal's American Diner
Ranked #19 of 29 Restaurants in Skippack
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst service ever; sorry I took a guest”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Food was ok but service was horrid at a non-busy time. Staff threw us a menu, didn't ask if we wanted a beverage for 10-15 mins, didn't come back to take our order for another 15 mins and never checked on us. Finally got up plate in hand to ask for a to-go box and our check. Staff sat on stools with backs to customers, texting or laughing amongst themselves. Recommend others just walk or drive on by.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank marnie5626

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Pumpkin Pancakes!”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Love this wonderful place to have breakfast anytime of day!!Outstanding Omelettes, Perfect Pancakes, Delicious Diner Fare

Visited November 2013
Skippack, Pennsylvania
“Below average diner”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Old and tired. Food is so/so. Place needs updating and slightly overpriced. It is centrally located in the middle of town. No liquor license

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Paul W
Montgomeryville, Pennsylvania
“wow”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

i was kind of nervous to stop here because of the reviews i have read. i'm so glad i did!! I have been there a few times since. On a sunday morning it was very busy (expected) but my meal was fabulous. The next time i came was on a wednesday night and I got a dinner. it came with a soup, or a salad. Great portions, Great price, and Great service (young girl named Teddie) . I have recommended friends there as well, and all were pleased!

I don't know if something changed in the last year there staff wise, but i was truely pleased.

• Visited July 2013
Harleysville, Pennsylvania
“Must stop at this diner!”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This is one of my favorite places to eat in the Skippack area. Great food, reasonable pricing and the staff are wonderful. Stop and have a meal, you won't be sorry.

Visited May 2013