“Charm and Luxury in a Small Hotel”
Review of Hotel Fiesole

Hotel Fiesole
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Skippack
Hotel Fiesole
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Skippack
Reviewed 25 March 2013

When I travelled to Reading, Pennsylvania for the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum World War II Air Show, I was told that accommodations in and around Reading were scarce, and frankly, not charming and without luxuries.

But a 36 mile drive away is the little town of Skippack, and there you will find the Hotel Fiesole! The staff was friendly, the bedroom was very comfortable,and I love all those pillows! The common sitting areas (for the morning coffe and continental breakfast) was very comfortable and charming. The furniture (and Tiffany dome glass on the first floor sitting area that was a small scale of the Bofinger brasserie in Paris) are definitely for people who enjoy tasteful seating areas. The downstairs bar/bistro was nice as well. The shopping across the road was top-drawer also (I got in on a Vera Bradley sale, yay!). There are good quality ladies clothing and cosmetics shops. If you don't want to eat in the Fiesole's fine restaurant, there are pizza and Mexican spots a short walk from the front door. There is also a Japanese restaurant across the bridge behind the Fiesole, but I didn't have time to explore that.

The price (see other review) is not for those looking for a bargain--au contrair!--the Hotel Fiesole is for those looking for a luxurious and charming getaway spot.

Plan ahead because this is a wedding reception destination!

Room Tip: The highway noise was not a problem for me (see other reviewer) but once I'm asleep, I'm asl...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Lorraine32000

Reviewed 15 December 2012

Stayed there for one evening. I was ignored by the greeter at the front desk. My hands were full and once I was acknowledged she did not offer me any assistance with my belongings, even as I struggled to keep my hangered items off the floor as I signed the bill. I was given no information about services at the hotel. The hotel lobby was closed for a private event and the staff rudely told me I was forbidden to sit there, so I had to stand in the foyer while I waited for my guest to come down from our room. Check out the next morning was more of the same, with no friendly smiles, no ask how my stay was, no "Thank you, come again. " Honestly for such an expensive hotel that physically could be a delight, I left feeling completely disappointed. Their front desk staff is the worst I've ever encountered, and I travel frequently. They made me feel as though I was inconveniencing them. It was absurd.
On the upside, my room was very clean and comfortable. The quarters were luxurious and everything smelled fresh.
There was no parking available when I checked in so I had to use an overflow lot up the hill behind the hotel. There are no hotel-guest spaces so you contend with heavy restaurant traffic.

• Stayed: December 2012
4  Thank Sail-away-gal
Reviewed 6 December 2011

After deciding to have a local wedding instead of a destination wedding, we knew we wanted a place with a lot of class. This place has it in buckets! Abbey was great to work with and very accommodating. We had our ceremony in the Stefano room and our cocktail reception was in Mistral. While the place is more expensive than other surrounding locations, we were very happy with our food, cocktails, and service. We had 56 adults and 12 children. Abbey set up all the decorations I provided along with a very nice display of my favors. Our guests were very happy with the service they received from the wait staff and bartenders. After our reception, we continued our party downstairs where there was a band. While I was told previously, that as long as there were paying customers, the bar would remain open - last call was at midnight. That was a bit disappointing.

We also stayed over. Our room was very nice and spacious. However, it would have been good to have a full length mirror and a hook from the ceiling to hang my dress. This hotel does a lot of weddings and I was surprised these two items were missing. We were able to hang my dress on the armoire and use a chair to keep it from getting wrinkled.

The lounge area and continental breakfast were also very nice on each floor.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank KonoTMartiD
Reviewed 11 November 2011

We stayed at the hotel because it is close to family and has nice stores around it. It was much too expensive for what we had. The noise from the road was terrible. We had poor service when we checked out.

Room Tip: Choose the south side!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank AliceGr
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Booked a queen room at the Hotel Fiesole. This location is elegant, and the accomodations are in line with a Ritz Carlton or other luxury branded hotel. All aspects of the room were quite good - cleanliness, bed comfort, bathroom amenities, climate control and entertainment (large flat screen TV). The hotel offers two restaurants and several bars, as well as several other bars and restaurants just a few steps away.

The hotel is pricey for the area, but the stay was very good. The continental breakfast (included with the room) is adequate. One item that is a minor inconvenience is the inability to book on line.

I live in the Skippack area, but will use this hotel again to book out of town guests!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank EuroTraveler52
Reviewed 12 December 2010

My husband and I held our wedding reception at the Hotel Fiesole in September 2009. Everything about the hotel was perfect! From the moment we walked in to an open house and met Abbey, we knew immediately it was the place for us. She took care of our every need and truly made our day as special as it was. It was a pleasure to work with her. We rented out the Rathskeller for our intimate wedding and still hear from our guests about how wonderful it was. The food, the setting, the service - all outstanding and made for a wedding we (and our guests) will never forget. Abbey and her crew set up Rathskeller beautifully - all I had to do was drop off my things and it was taken care of! She was present during the entire reception to take care of any needs - including little details like taking my veil up to my room for me so I could kick up my heels and dance. We served a limited menu and everyone raved about the food. Our wedding guests rented out the entire hotel for our special day. The rooms were beautiful and each one is unique. We also invited our guests to the Fiesole Sunday Brunch. The outstanding food and service continued as our guests feasted once again! I highly recommend to any bride and groom out there to consider hosting their wedding/reception at the hotel. I have recommended this hotel to all my friends and family and look forward to every time we go and visit.

• Stayed: September 2010
3  Thank moyerk2
Reviewed 10 December 2010

We looked at several venues for my daughter's wedding this past May from "banquet halls" to restaurants. When we walked into the Hotel Fiesole our jaws dropped! It was gorgeous and we were SURE we were going to be disappointed because we didn't think we could affort it. The event planner worked with us and we were able to have an absolutely fabulous wedding...from the posh rooms to the cocktail hour to the dinner to the wedding cake. Our guests are still raving about the wedding venue and the food. We had a TON of wait staff. The personal attention was incredible. Everything was meticulously organized and Abbey, the event planner, was everywhere that night! We would highly recommend this venue for a wedding of 150 or less. It is wonderful to have such a beautiful memory of our daughter's wedding.

• Stayed: May 2010
3  Thank MayMotheroftheBride
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skippack
Courtyard Philadelphia Valley Forge/Collegeville
Courtyard Philadelphia Lansdale
Hilton Garden Inn Valley Forge/Oaks
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia
Holiday Inn Lansdale
Holiday Inn Lansdale
#1 of 1 in Kulpsville
Hampton Inn Limerick-Philadelphia Area

Been to Hotel Fiesole? Share your experiences!