Evening Star Motel
US$132
US$113
US$159
CandlewoodSuites
All reviewswarm roomflat screen tvgrove citycarpetshower
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Over the past two years I have stayed at this Motel several times on business trips. I have tried other Hotels / B&B's in this area and always come back to the Evening Star. Its cheap and clean!
I travel for work constantly and I have never experienced anything but a satisfying experience from this small family owned motel. Its not 4 star accommodations but clean and what I expect for a motel at this price.

Room Tip: It's an old school motel that's clean. Very Rare! Ask if its heavily booked.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank M M
Reviewed 13 August 2012

The shag carpeting of days gone by are replaced by burber carpet. New lamps since last year and the parking lot has been repaved. The rooms are roomy, and clean with window AC and wall Heating. Each room has a coffee maker, plasma TV, soap and shampoo. The single room showers have a seat, which is nice. There is an ice machine and small vending area at the motel. Everything you need for a good night's sleep at a great price. Less than a mile off 79 and just a few miles to slippery rock with restaurants, and everything else you need, even a laundry. Next door is a produce stand and a Dairy Queen. The chinease restaurant delivers.

Room Tip: get a room at the end of the row. Don't get next to the ice machine or the office, as people come in late and get ice at all hours.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank trekkergirl1701
Reviewed 25 May 2012

We pulled up after calling to let the folks know we would be late..no problem.
As soon as we got out of our car the proprietor came scurrying across the parking lot telling us no pets. Okay, we were misinformed.
The room.. Well, if you like urine stains and shag carpeting and bare bulb lamps you have found nirvana.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank InterestedMarine
Reviewed 8 September 2011

I stayed here with my son in a wheelchair. The manager provided us with a ramp to get into the room., The room was big and roomy for turn around space but no accessible bathroom. If you need a bath that is accessible, then you cant stay here. The place is clean, quiet and easy to access from 79. The price relfects that. If you want fancy and modern, go pay three times as much and stay in grove city. I will definately go back here as we enjoyed our stay and found the motel to be quite nice, old and outdated yes, but then how much time do you really spend in your room? I would rather spend the money to go out and have fun!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank jmg0924
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Since the whole point of this trip was to shop we wanted to save money on accommodation which was a big mistake on my part. I travelled with my husband and my mother. I saw the other two reviews and I figured that the price is right and this place couldn't be that bad. There was one room in between our room and my mom's room which was occupied. Here are the problems:
1) The mattress was so soft all off our bodies ached in the morning.
2) The room was sooo hot so we turned on the air conditioner; the air conditioner was so ridiculously loud that there is no way you could get any sleep with it on.
3) The sheets kept coming away from the mattress which revealed major yellow pee stains everywhere.
4) The walls were so thin that we could here the next rooms TV blaring, we ended up choosing the noise of the air conditioner over the noise of the TV.
5) Our next door neighbour’s door periodically kept opening and closing up until 5 am all while the TV was still blaring. This lead us to believe that there was a prostitute staying in the next room as there were also cars coming and going all the way up until 5 am. This notion was confirmed by my mother who was staying on the other side of this room and she heard various sex related noises all night.

In the end, we got our money back for the night after complaining and immediately left in the morning and stayed somewhere else for the remainder of our trip.
The worst part about this is that I booked this place and put my mother in jeopardy by staying in this awful place. Please, please go somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple