“Most enjoyable!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Smethport
Mansion District Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Smethport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We stay at B&B's always and this one is one of the best. We were welcomed by Jovanna and Ross so graciously and felt at home instantly. They were so informative about the area and sights to see and the history of the area. Even making dinner reservations for us. The inn is a treat for the eye so be sure to wonder about and look closely at all it has to offer. The Dr Freeman room was warm and welcoming with a very comfortable bed and the most fantastic shower you could ever want. Breakfast was a real treat. Homemade biscotti, roasted grapefruit (it was wonderful), applewood smoked bacon and omelets made with goodies from the garden. Outstanding B&B!!!!!

Room Tip: Easy to locate in Smethport.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 August 2012

My husband and I only stayed one night, but we really enjoyed our stay. The bed was very comfy, and the room was beautifully decorated, with exceptional linens. There was a small fridge in our closet with drinks in it, and there were snacks in a central upstairs hall. Our room (the Freeman room, I think) had a shower with about 9 nozzles so you could get a back massage or a rain shower or whatever you like. There was a hairdryer and sundries in the bathroom cabinet, and an interesting book to read on the mantle above the fireplace. The fireplace is adjustable to have a glow with no heat, if you like, in the summer. The room had an individual air conditioner, and it was nice and cool when we arrived (even though I don't think the rest of the house was as cool in temperature). The whole house is beautiful, from the lovely wide wrap around front porch with seating (see photos) to the beautiful solarium overlooking the back garden. The solarium had a birdcage with finches and canaries in it. They serenaded us over breakfast, which is in the next room. The dining room had amazing wood everywhere. The food served for breakfast was prepared fresh for us, and served in three courses. First, a soda bread with blackberries and maple syrup drizzle, second was the fruit course - grilled grapefruit, which had a great flavour, and the third course was an omelette with our choice of ingredients, and more fruit, and was garnished with a flower.
Our hostess was very helpful with suggestions for what to do in the area, and did take my food allergies into consideration when making breakfast.
There is parking around the back of the property, but it was not signed (we just guessed correctly). I think there is street parking in front as well.
My only caveat is to try to plan your arrival time within the expected time, as we were earlier than we thought we would be, and we had to wait on the porch for a little while (not a hardship, as it is a nice spot). (see photos)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
MansionDistrictInn, Owner at Mansion District Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2012

Thanks so much for your constructive suggestions.

We have ordered signage for the parking area so there will be no confusion.

As innkeepers its sometimes tricky to balance guest arrivals and the need to purchase supplies. We usually slip out sometime after breakfast for a shopping trip and schedule our arrival to be prior to our guests arrival at the inn. We budget our time to make sure we are back at the Inn prior to the suggested time of arrival pre-determined with our guests. We keep our cell numbers handy to our guests on the porch so we can communicated.

Thanks again for your visit to Smethport and the Mansion District Inn. We love sharing our area with our guests!

Reviewed 30 July 2012

Your review (200 character minimum) I am a Smethport native, and I chose the Mansion District Inn and B&B to stay at during my mother's 100th birthday celebration. All I can say is my husband and I loved it. Jovanna and Ross are so wonderful. The breakfast is an "event" as Jovanna described it to me. I am a pretty critical guest and have been in dozens of B&Bs across the US--these folks are great. We will be back. OH--love the dogs, love the chickens, love the birds.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We were just looking for a clean, comfortable place as a base for a long weekend, and found so much more. The inn is comfortable, beautifully furnished, the art plentiful and interesting, the rooms have everything you could possibly need, the innkeepers are gracious and attentive. I'd be happy to spend a month reading books while sitting on the porch. We are a couple, but the inn would be just as wonderful for families, friends or single travelers.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We enjoyed an overnight stay with The Porter's and truly wish it could have been longer. Our exquisite room had a beautiful bathroom that was recently remodeled with a granite bowl sink and a shower with multiple nozzles. How grand!
Breakfast was delicious and picturesque. The highlight was the roasted grapefruit - oh soo good!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2012

This was mine and my girlfriend's first vacation together and it couldn't have been a better choice. We stayed at the separate location from the main house and were impressed at how beautifully decorated it was aside from the dead animal on the wall. We aren't much into that so I gently lifted it from the wall and stored it in the laundry room till we left, sorry Jovanna! We visited the main house and Jovanna treated us just like we were family during our tour and when we dropped off the key, she even gave us some treats for the ride home. We were on our motorcycle and it was a beautiful ride, they are very accommodating to bikes. The town is just delightful and we visited the railroad bridge nearby. The diner is friendly and the tavern was so much fun. Would like to return soon!

Room Tip: The separate apartment is very private if that is what you are looking for.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Smethport was the first stop on my solo bicycle trip across Pennsylvania. After pedaling for 100 miles, I rolled into Smethport and the Mansion District Inn. I was welcomed with warmth and a genuine interest in my journey by Jovanna and Ross. I learned that Smethport has a rich history involving the bicycle, including the annual "Wheel around the Hub" Circuit race, held every September. The inn was beautiful, filled with unique period antiques in a comfortable setting. My room, "Dr. Freeman" was very comfortable and for me, highlighted by the amazing shower! Overall, the Inn, the company of Jovanna and Ross and my Smethport experience were EXCEPTIONAL! Make the Mansion District Inn a part of your bicycle trip or make it part of your next vacation.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo

Been to Mansion District Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!