“Overnight for work turned into a vacation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Smethport
Mansion District Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Smethport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I needed to be in Smethport for work early Friday morning (9-13-2013). I just needed someplace close.
From start (making the reservation) to finish (breakfast) everything was wonderful and more than I would have ever expected.
I was warmly welcomed, and offered refreshment upon my arrival, and shown to a fantastic room, which has an over-the-top shower!
I was able to work well with a desk and WiFi in the room. The bed was exceptionally comfortable.
Breakfast was a three-course treat, made as the guests arrived to the table for a seat in 16th century Chinese chairs! The grilled grapefruit was a great bonus, BTW!

It is also a very short walk to the downtown, which is flat, and a good walk past other mansions in good weather.

You cannot go wrong staying here, even if you would need to travel out of your way.

Room Tip: I did not ask to see other rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Mansion District Inn Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I had the challenge of finding lodging for 18 family members from four states who were attending my Grandsons wedding in Gifford Pa. Our family has had annual reunions since well before 1915. We look for places with where we can be together in a charming relaxed setting. Several months ago I started working with Ross and Jovanna Porter at The Mansion District Inn. They could not have been more accomodating friendly or cheerful. Our visit exceeded all of our expectations. First the place, or places since we used all of their available space in three of their properties,

We liked them as hosts. Jovanna is a magician in the kitchen and Ross with a vast knowledge of world history including the history of Smethport has infused this into the living fabric of their Inn Everything from a Terra Cotta Warrior from ancient China to paintings of the local church. Every detail is done in such great taste that all of us really hated to leave. The free minibars, the wonderful breakfast, comfortable rooms, excellent wine and gracious companionship left us knowing we had made we had made new friends. Thank you Jovanna and Ross. Walter Langsford, Janet Cooper and family

Room Tip: Trust the host to recommend one, all are comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This is my third stay at MDI and Jovanna and Ross have made each stay a more pleasant experience than the last. Always quick with advice on what to see and/or where to go, their knowledge of the region is a comfort. The rooms are very comfortable and do make you feel as if you have traveled back in time. Every measure of comfort is taken into consideration, from bed coverings to in room seating to a small fridge stocked with a variety of cold drinks. The front porch provides a relaxing place to enjoy the slowed pace (complimentary wine makes the evening complete) of the region. And the breakfasts, an absolute delight! Three courses beginning with biscotti, followed by fruit, sometimes grilled, always fresh, and an entrée. I had the pleasure of enjoying an omelet made with fresh ingredients from the garden topped of with grilled tomatoes (freshly picked from the garden) sprinkled with parmesan cheese. All while enjoying a great cup coffee and pleasurable conversation. Jovanna and Ross do all they can to make you feel comfortable and at home. An outstanding destination that I am sure to visit time and time again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We stayed at the Inn for a 2 day fishing excursion in the Kinzua area. My husband and I were so surprised and delighted by this Historical Inn! The Innkeepers, Ross And Jovanna, are perfect host! The rooms are impeccably clean and rich in detail! Wine in the Parlor,a refrigerator filled with soft drinks, water and a couple of craft beers and a basket of snacks were all compliments of the inn.Not to mention the gourmet breakfast, prepared by Jovanna!!
We have traveled over 20 years and agreed,THIS is the BEST inn that we have ever stayed at.
Smetheport, its self, is a gem in the mountains and full of history!Love, love the Mansion District Inn and we'll be back!! Thank you Jovanna and Ross for sharing your passion!Best,Jeffery and Barbara Taylor Pittsburgh Pa.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We had a wonderful stay at this beautiful inn. The owners were incredibly welcoming and friendly. The food was amazing...I even tried one of the recipes that Jovanna gave me. Ross talked with us about the history of the mansion and surrounding area. We enjoyed sitting on the porch and walking to see the other Mansions on the street. We can't wait until we come back again. Thank you Ross and Jovanna for making this stay very memorable...Colleen and John Woods

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here just one night while en route from Virginia to Toronto for work. We didn't want to stay in a chain motel, and we were so glad to have found this inn. It is a lovely restored mansion with endlessly interesting furnishings in a small Pennsylvania town. The caretaker was so friendly and made us feel completely welcome and comfortable. And the breakfast! A three course gourmet breakfast in a grand dining room with a real place setting - this was unlike anything else we've had and really puts the value for the night's stay over the top. Add to that a nice quiet evening with wine on the porch and little touches like complimentary drinks in the room's mini-fridge...there is no other experience I have had where you get so much for your money. I suppose some people could be turned off by the hefty presence of animal heads and such on the walls here and there, but we found it endlessly entertaining. There is so much to see in this house! Not to mention, there is a wealth of historical value here. What could easily turn into a musty, dusty old house is actually wonderfully well-kept. I should also mention how surprised I was that it was nice and quiet in our room despite the presence of other guests on the same floor. Lastly, outside there are a few resident hens and roosters roaming freely - where do you think your fresh morning eggs come from? - and we thought they added a fun bit of provinciality to the scene. Honestly, we weren't quite sure what we were in for when we pulled up to the mansion, but we were pleasantly surprised by every detail. We wished we'd had the time to stay another night, and will most certainly stay here again if we every find ourselves traveling this route in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Our family stayed here for two nights recently to attend a wedding nearby. Everyone was impressed with the fascinating collection of items from all over the world. I could imagine that if the Golden Tablet of Pharaoh Akhmenrah had been there to bring them all to life, the Chinese warrior would have sprinted up the stairs to guard the Emperor's bed on the third floor, and the moose would have come down from the wall to dance with the bear. We really felt like we had been lucky enough to spend the night in the Smithsonian!

Ross and Jovanna have certainly made this into a very comfortable and enjoyable destination. Even though we had visited the area several times before, we learned so much about the history of the Smethport and the life and times of the people who lived in the Mansion District in the 1800s. We greatly appreciated their hospitality, the delicious breakfasts, the comfortable beds and the entire experience. It was a memorable weekend!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smethport
Comfort Inn
Holiday Inn Express Olean
The New Lantern Motel
The New Lantern Motel
#1 of 2 in Allegany

Been to Mansion District Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!