“Another wonderful trip to Smethport”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Smethport
Mansion District Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Smethport B&B and Inns
Sarasota, Florida
“Another wonderful trip to Smethport”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I just returned to Pittsburgh from my two-day business trip to Smethport and had an absolutely wonderful stay at the Mansion District Bed and Breakfast! I've stayed with Jovanna and Ross several times in the past, but this was my first time in the B. D. Hamlin Suite. It was a large, beautifully-decorated two bedroom suite with a kitchen and large bath. The back bedroom has windows all around, allowing me to look out at the beautiful mountains beyond. Jovanna was her usual hospitable self and we enjoyed great conversation at breakfast, as I ate the omelet she made me with fresh eggs, laid by the chickens in the back yard, vegetables and herbs from her garden. This is a beautiful and welcoming place to stay when you're exploring northern Pennsylvania and I highly recommend it to all!!! Thanks Jovanna for another great stay!
Sandy K.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful and they can accommodate singles, as well as small families.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is a beautiful mansion...and it really is a mansion. The whole place is beautifully decorated with antiques and art and every little thing is thought of, from wine, coffee and homemade cookies in the living room to shampoo, conditioner, soap in the bathroom, to robes, chocolates and even earplugs in the bedroom! The breakfast was amazing both mornings we were there, both gourmet and generous portions. You will not leave hungry! The hosts are amazingly gracious and interesting and know a lot about local history if you are interested. There are large porches for lounging on and it is an easy walk to the lovely downtown area.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room on the third floor which uses a bathroom with a jacuzzi tub big enough for two...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hudson, Ohio
Reviewed 24 June 2014

What a great stay in Smethport. First, it was a first-time visit to Smethport for work and I was very impressed with the town. It's a very nice, properous-looking town in a beautiful mountain valley anchored by an impressive district of restored industrialist mansions. And Mansion District Inn is right in the center of it all.

You can tell that the owners Ross and Jovanna love what they do. The house is impeccably furnished with period artwork and tasteful furniture and the accommodations are nothing short of luxurious. I felt like I was staying somewhere that should cost three times as much per night. The little touches are tremendous, with snacks, drinks and wine at your disposal, and while the home pays homage to the Victorian era when it was built, it's very updated with all of the modern conveniences, including flat screen TVs in the rooms (my suite even had a little flat screen in the bathroom). The suite was also very bright and airy.

Breakfast is the highlight. Quite honestly, I felt so spoiled by Ross and Jovanna I almost felt guilty. Jovanna served a three course breakfast that was gourmet and spectacular - cranberry/walnut biscotti from her native Sicily, grilled carmelized peaches in yogurt, hickory bacon, and a gourmet omelet using fresh eggs from their chicken coop ...yum!!! Ross is great company and during breakfast gave us a very interesting history lesson about the house and the town that was very enjoyable.

I would highly recommend a stay here. While the Inn's right in town, Smethport is so on the edge of the wilderness that a short hike takes you off the beaten path in no time, observing herons, deer, ducks and even a bald eagle. Before breakfast at first light I grabbed my fishing rod and waders and within a five minute walk was fishing Marvin Creek, and hooked a trout in no time (which Jovanna was happy to prepare).

All in all, a great stay. Felt bad for my colleagues who didn't know about the place and wound up at a roadside motel in Bradford.

Niagara Falls, New York
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This beautiful B&B is a historic find nestled in a charming town - Ross and Jovanna were so welcoming and informative, Jovanna's breakfasts (with her yummy homemade biscotti) were culinary masterpieces complimented by Ross's smooth Sumatra coffee! The amenities were above and beyond - complimentary wine, bottled water, soda pop and fresh cookies! We enjoyed our bike ride outside of town on a quaint country road and the walking tour of the 19th century mansions was a history lover's dream come true - thank you Ross and Jovanna for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The Home, Furnishings, Food, and Ambience made for the best B&B experience. Ross and Jovanna were perfect hosts. The beautiful old homes in the town of Smethport were charming and there was easy access to the Allegheny National Forest..
Very highly recommended.

Room Tip: The Freeman room was comfortable with a private bath.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My mom and I ad booked only one night to stay here. After arriving, we decided on a second night. We were impressed with the mansion and the innkeepers, Ross and Javonna. The weekend was relaxing and just what we needed. I am gluten free and Jovanna was able to accommodate my dietary restriction. We enjoyed wine on the huge front porch and even on the chicken coop! We both plan to go back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My fiancé and I stayed here in May 2014. We searched the internet for a B & B near the Allegheny National Forest. We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The B & B was nestled in a scenic valley full of historic mansions. Once inside, we were greeted by Jovanna, who was very friendly and laid back. The house was full of wonderful oddities that kept us entertained all the way to our room on the third floor. The bed we slept in was one of the many antiquities that abounded... a Chinese wedding bed circa 1850. The room was clean and had complimentary drinks in the mini fridge. In the evening, Jovanna offered fresh baked chocolate chip cookies and wine in the common area.
Breakfast in the morning was wonderful, especially the homemade biscotti, an Italian family recipe. As the rest of the tasty breakfast was served. Ross, Jovanna's husband entertained us with local history. Ross was also very down to earth and knowledgeable. After breakfast, Jovanna offered suggestions for nearby attractions. We went to the Kinzua Bridge Sykwalk, which was beautiful, not to be missed.
Overall, we were both very satisfied with our stay and felt that it was well worth the 5.5 hour drive. We are recommending this to friends and family. Don't forget to check out the high class chicken coop that Ross built!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smethport
Holiday Inn Express and Suites - Bradford
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 6 in Bradford
Best Western Plus Bradford Inn
Best Western Plus University Inn
Holiday Inn Express Olean
Oz's Homestay Bed and Breakfast

Been to Mansion District Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!