“Be Prepared to be Pampered”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Smethport
Mansion District Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Smethport B&B and Inns
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Be Prepared to be Pampered”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is one of the finest B and B's we've ever stayed in. Our McCandless Suite was clean and cozy. The bed was wonderful to sleep in,the washroom immaculately clean and the TV's were easy to use. There was also a comfortable front porch to read and people watch.
There is also an extensive DVD library and a multitude of books to borrow during your visit
Our hosts Jovanna and Ross Porter,both retired teachers, renovated this lovely 1902 mansion themselves.
The morning breakfast was delicious and even the presentation was above the best. Our hosts entertained us with stories of the area.

Room Tip: Check out the historic furnishings and items in the home.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We ran into Ross and Jovanna at the Pizza Restaurant down the street after a lengthy and exhausting rive from Toronto. After getting lost for some time we somehow ended up in Smethport tired, hungry and a little cranky to say the least. What luck to run into the owners of the most fantastic B&B I've every stayed in. The house is absolutely gorgeous. Eccentric and quirky while being comfy and cozy, exactly what we needed! (They even had a bottle of wine sitting on the table when we came down after checking into our room)

Our room was so beautiful, two fireplaces, gorgeous bathroom, even a separate closet to hide the mini fridge. They had the fridge stocked with complimentary soda and bottled water and midnight snacks in a basket outside our room. We especially loved the huge porch at the front with christmas lights and comfy loungers where we sat and enjoyed the rain.

In the morning Jovanna, an absolutely amazing chef, made us one of the best breakfasts I have ever had. Homemade biscotti (which I normally hate!) was soft and chewy and so favourful, unlike the hard bricks you get at starbucks. She made us grilled grapefruit with sugar and cinnamon, a recipe we are now obsessed with! And made to order omelettes from her chickens which live in the yard behind the house. Combined with Ross' fabulous fresh ground coffee we were in heaven. Over breakfast, Ross told us quite a bit about the history of the house and the town which we loved. Jovanna showed me some of the fantastic textile work that she does. Ross gave us a tour of the house and some of the rooms which was so great to see. They told us about some other great attractions in the area which was so helpful.

All in all we had the best time at MDI, it was hard to leave! What serendipity that we found this place. We are planning to make a trip back to spend some more time there and explore the huge state park which is just a short trip away. I am recommending to all my family and friends who may be driving through the area or are looking for a fun new place to stay for a few days.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Enola, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 July 2014

If you ever get the opportunity to stay in this quaint town, book your stay at the Mansion Inn District Bed and Breakfast. Located on the main street of Smethport, PA, this large and beautiful property gave me the best value of an overnight stay I've had in a very long time. The home is beautifully and tastefully decorated and very well maintained by the owners, Ross and Jovanna Porter. They are extremely knowledgeable of the house and the town itself, and are willing to tell you much about their well-loved town. The warm welcome they gave made me feel like I was an old friend visiting and we connected right away. The McCandless suite was very large and had modern amenities, but did not take away from the Victorian-era decor. There is plenty of parking in the back and easy access in and out of the home. I enjoyed a comfortable night sleep and most importantly, consumed a gourmet breakfast I don't even get on my birthday! Fresh, local summer fruit and homemade pancakes with bacon and impeccable service should be enough to bring you here to stay! Thank you, Ross and Jovanna!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Washington, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2014

For almost a year, I have been fortunate to stay at the MDI.
Each time, and my visit last week was my 6th, has been just as enjoyable as the last.
You will be greeted warmly in a beautiful, historic home. You will find the place and your room immaculately clean. Bedding and towels are excellent quality and also immaculate.
Complimentary coffee (single serve cups), wine and cookies in the living room are a good break before entering to dinner.
I have since ventured to Port Allegany for food, and have been happy with Moe's.

The three course breakfast is still amazing and perfect for a full days work! (Last week it included grilled fresh peach with a honey-rosemary drizzle, on a bed of yogurt)

Do not hesitate to go to MDI, even if you need to change your schedule to get a room!

Room Tip: Check the MDI website to see what each room has to offer.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank George K
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Only a few hours drive from Toronto, the Mansion District inn is well worth the drive! With Ross as the resident historian and Jovanna as gourmet chef and loving caregiver(!) to the chickens out back, they are a hospitable pair! The suites in this house are reasonably priced and beautiful - the 2-bedroom Hamlin suite was perfect for my husband and I and our two young kids. I loved the high beds, beautiful antiques and the breakfast awaiting us downstairs when we woke up. Delicious coffee, a homemade biscotti to start, caramelized apples and strawberry crepes with smoked bacon.

Room Tip: Check out their third floor suite on line.With a Chinese antique bed and a jacuzzi, this would be a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I just returned to Pittsburgh from my two-day business trip to Smethport and had an absolutely wonderful stay at the Mansion District Bed and Breakfast! I've stayed with Jovanna and Ross several times in the past, but this was my first time in the B. D. Hamlin Suite. It was a large, beautifully-decorated two bedroom suite with a kitchen and large bath. The back bedroom has windows all around, allowing me to look out at the beautiful mountains beyond. Jovanna was her usual hospitable self and we enjoyed great conversation at breakfast, as I ate the omelet she made me with fresh eggs, laid by the chickens in the back yard, vegetables and herbs from her garden. This is a beautiful and welcoming place to stay when you're exploring northern Pennsylvania and I highly recommend it to all!!! Thanks Jovanna for another great stay!
Sandy K.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful and they can accommodate singles, as well as small families.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is a beautiful mansion...and it really is a mansion. The whole place is beautifully decorated with antiques and art and every little thing is thought of, from wine, coffee and homemade cookies in the living room to shampoo, conditioner, soap in the bathroom, to robes, chocolates and even earplugs in the bedroom! The breakfast was amazing both mornings we were there, both gourmet and generous portions. You will not leave hungry! The hosts are amazingly gracious and interesting and know a lot about local history if you are interested. There are large porches for lounging on and it is an easy walk to the lovely downtown area.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room on the third floor which uses a bathroom with a jacuzzi tub big enough for two...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smethport
Comfort Inn
Oz's Homestay Bed and Breakfast
Econo Lodge Bradford
Econo Lodge Bradford
#5 of 6 in Bradford

Been to Mansion District Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!