“More than a "Guest Home"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Smoketown
Old Road Guest Home
Ranked #1 of 2 Smoketown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I'm writing this review several months later... but here it goes. We stayed there many months ago, June 2013.

It was a short stay, only one night, but we felt very comfortable, like in no other homestay we've been.

Dave and Gail were very attentive and kind, trying to help us with all the requests we made (information about places to eat, places to visit, getting a local Amish/Mennonite guide, etc...)

I'd definitely recommend this Guest Home if you're visiting the area and want to feel that you're part of the place. I hope I can get back there in a near future!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nebulus2k
There are newer reviews for Old Road Guest Home

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I felt like I was at home, but better. It had snowed the night before, and they cleaned off the parking lot and all of the cars too. I have a medical condition and they even offered to carry my baggage to my car when I was leaving. It was very restful. I even wrote a poem about it." Everyone should find a special moment to remember in their dreams. A place of quiet solitude, a place where the mind can rest. A certain memory to be recalled; at a future time and place. So when my life becomes sad or lonesome; or the pain becomes too much to bear; I will just pull out this special memory, to carry me through the years."

Room Tip: Looked at all of the rooms on 2nd floor, and rooms 3 and 4 were my favorites. Room 3 is on the back...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We give this local B&B a top grade for the many options it offers in the Lancaster area. Quality and personal attention are at the forefront of the time spent at the Old Road Guest Home. They do it right.

Special attention has been made to decorate the rooms and provide wonderful bed linens - with extra blankets, if needed. Out front and out back have been landscaped in such a manner to provide a great opportunity to walk outdoors and enjoy the flowers or sit and unwind. Since this is Amish country it's interesting to see the horse and buggies clippity-clopping down the side of the roads with their passengers - off to some event up and down the street. The location is central to all of what you go to Lancaster for - Sight and Sound Theater, shopping, antiquing, and browsing through the many shoppes in the neighboring towns. Everything you'd want to do in the Lancaster area is just minutes away from this location.

Breakfast includes a variety of juice, coffee and tea, pastries, cereals, and fruit. A full sit-down breakfast is not provided. What is provided is plenty.

We highly recommend the Old Road Guest Home.

Room Tip: If you like to sit outside...one of the rooms has a rear door and a deck with sitting furniture. Thi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This was my first visit to the area and I met up with family members here. We saw "Noah" at the Sight & Sound Theater and the location was ideal for not too much travel and good restaurants nearby. It was the perfect place! The clip-clop of horse hooves and photo opportunities from the front porch were great, but I enjoyed strolling in the back yards with beautiful gardens, dogwoods and cherry trees. The dining and living room area were great rooms to sit, rest, and chat with family members. Dave and Gail were incredibly helpful and willing to help in any way we might need. I highly recommend Old Road Guest Home and if I am ever traveling to Pennsylvania again, this would be first on my list to visit again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stayed here for the first two nights of our drive through America. When we arrived Dave and GAil were out but the door was open, a note left and we were told to make ourselves at home. Dave and Gail could not have been more hospitable, my only complaint would be the lack of tea/coffee making facilities, however this could be the American way. Breakfast was just simple continental style, cerel, yogurts, toast and jam and cake. Adequate though. Amish country should not be missed, a very interesting area and experiencing their way of life a pleasure.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Although we have been to Amish Country in the past this was our first stay at Gail & Daves Old Road Guest Home. What a truely wonderful place to stay. Gail suggested that we engage a personal guide and, maybe a dinner at an Amish home. We, all, thought that both would be interesting so Gail made the arangements and, as expected, both the tour and Amish dinner were interesting and enjoyable beyond out expectations. The Old Road Guest Home felt like home. The rooms were good size with very clean bathrooms. The coffee and light fare in the morning started our days off for us. After our daily tours, we spent every afternoon and early evenings enjoying the peace and quiet of the back yard and were quite surprised in seeing the blanket of fire flies every evening about dusk. I recommend this place highly.

Room Tip: Our room was in front and quiet. There is a top floor room in the back with it's own balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank tffob3
Reviewed 23 July 2013

As soon as we entered this quaint home (and it really is the owners' family home), we felt very welcomed. The livingroom was spacious and very comfortable. Our room on the first floor was comfortable. Nice to have our own private bathroom, albiet a bit small. But it was immaculate with all the amenities. The owners, Gail and Dave, were very hospitable and very helpful in spending time with us showing us interesting places to go, which we took advantage of. The continental breakfast each morning was just right to start our day. Gail was most kind in refreshing our room by making our bed and bringing new towels. The only negative for us was the soft mattress. All in all, we would recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rosalie C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smoketown
AmishView Inn & Suites
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Comfort Suites Amish Country
Comfort Suites Amish Country
#14 of 40 in Lancaster

Been to Old Road Guest Home? Share your experiences!