“great place !!!”

Mill Stream Country Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Smoketown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I have been going down to lancaster for years ,,,, since I am 15 years old ,,,, I am now 49 , I stay here every couple of months , I am down there all the time !!! it is clean ,quiet and the breakfast is very good ,,,,, also , you can use all the other pools and game rooms @ all the other properties that bird in hand owns !!! I used to stay at harvest drive all the time ,,,, WOULD NEVER go there again ,,,,, ( workers walking into to many peoples room while they are out for the day ) not cool !!! Millstream is great ,,,,, getting ready to go again !!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank minichihuahua
There are newer reviews for Mill Stream Country Inn

Reviewed 22 May 2011

We've been coming to Amish Country for 15 years ...enjoyed everywhere we've stayed, but the Mill Stream is in the top 2!!! It's very clean, very comfortable, very convenient and an all around great value. You can get coffee or tea in the lobby anytime between 7 am and 10 pm and the breakfast is delicious...to call it "deluxe continental" is an understatement! Go ahead...have the waffle :) And don't miss the free bus tour of Amish Farmlands...it's really informative and you can shop along the route at Amish homesteads and farms...places we did not even know about nor would ever have found on our own. We loved the Mill Stream!!!

Room Tip: If you want a view of the stream, ask for the back
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kap0819
Reviewed 24 March 2011

Clean Rooms, are a must when I travel! They were very clean- I was traveling with my newborn baby and a 6 year old. My Hubby and I were very impressed with the comfortable beds and clean bathroom as well. It is motel style- with an Amish home country style flair.
From the outside it looks like a typical road side motel- inside is very simple yet wonderfully old fashioned and sweet. Large room - we even fit our pak and play very easily. My daughter took a bath- and it was CLEAN as a whistle. We arrived late at night- and still found our room ready for us- neat and tidy. The front desk was very sweet when checking in and out. The breakfast is "free" with room. My daughter and I ate together each morning- and we loved it. Waffle bar- is yummy! Basics- for a comp. breakfast- But better and more of it. Dounuts- danish, hard boiled eggs, cereal, coffee( very good), juice, yogurt. It was perfect for an early morning start up your day. Big windows in the dining room where breakfast was served( buffet style). There is someone cleaning constantly!
Restocking the buffet all morning! Impressed! The windows face out to the beautiful pond, there are many rooms facing the back of hotel( pond view) . i think they are extra charge- not sure. all rooms appear lovely here- as I peaked in as they cleaned them. lol
Pool is lovely and looked like it would be fun in the summer months. Oh , there is a small gift shop inside dining area- check in. It was the high light of my daughters stay. Stuffed toys and all. Mind you its not a fancy palce- but country chic for sure. Its very PA -a dn very Lancaster - love the whole vibe myself. Amish buggies roll down the road in front of your hotel. The road is not a buy one- and away for major retail outlets- yet up the roas is the whole kit and caboodle. Every food chain you could want. Stay away form the olive garden here- its gross. Waffle house is on the corner- its tasty and quick if you miss the breakfast here. Greasy- but so isnt all breakfast spots. Inexpensive- and worth it too. The outlets are like 5 minutes away- like them alot ! Eat diner at Hershey farms- best buffet- in town by far! All the theatres are located near by- within minutes-. Great theatres in PA. Good prices too! Check out shows- "sight and sound theatre" is amazing! All and all we loved our stay in PA. I highly recommend this hotel- over the SteamBoat- food is terribel- sweet dining room. Terrible food- room was ok. Very expensive hotel compared to Mill Stream. There is another almost next door called Smoke town lodge- this is very nice too-
Mill Stream better because bigger cleaner rooms. Go- have fun!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank princesslollipop
Reviewed 12 March 2011

Most comfortable beds I ever slept in, very soft sheets and blankets. Very hospitable staff. Incredible views of Amish country, right next door to a delicious Amish restaurant. Will definitely return! Plans to go back in March 2011.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank lighthouselover1968
Reviewed 27 December 2010

Don't pay alot when in Lancaster because you are on the move all day to see the sights and shop. Come here for a clean, quiet room and a small pool to cool off. The front desk is friendly and had fresh coffee and cookies all day. The breakfast was set out by an Amish lady who poured your waffles. You can choose from waffles, cereal, hard boiled eggs, juice, yogurt and coffee. It is enough to get you going for the day. This place is center to all activities. We paid alot at another place and it was a mistake. We should of just stayed here as usual. If you want some bigger fun you can go to their other property up the road and use the slides and big pool. I stayed there as a kid and felt the motel was best for my husband and I because we were not going on a family oriented trip.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2010

This is my third year in a row at the mill steam and i wouldnt think of staying anywhere else. The atmosphere in and around the mill stream is excellent. There free breakfast with eggs, cereral, coffee, biscuits, Sausage gravy and there WORLD famous waffles are amazing. The rooms are very clean and maintained and there entire staff is excellent. Im already looking forward to next year.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank richfromny
Reviewed 27 August 2010

Stayed at the Mill Stream Country Inn for 2 nights with my husband, sister in law and niece. Because my sister in law and niece had never been to the Amish Country, I wanted to stay some place where they could feel the Amish tradition. Did not want the main highway in Lancaster, wanted the old highway where the horse and buggies go up and down the roads that lead through all of the little villages of Amish Country. Have stayed at several other motels, hotels in Amish country and thought we would try this one. Great choice.

Rooms are big with hair dryer, iron and ironing board, and refridge. Nice continental breakfast with hot homemade waffles, danish, mini muffins, donut holes, cereals, different breads, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, and sausage gravy and biscuits. Check in was easy and Bernice at the front desk is soooo pleasant. Had hoped to use the outdoor pool but the weather was not really hot so we didn't need it.

Nice location. You can see amish buggies going by in the morning and at the end of their day. Good and Plenty (family style eating) is right next door and quite a feast!! Had to nearly be carried out we ate so much. The road that Mill Stream is on runs from the old highway of Amish country to the new highway which has every type of eating place, shopping, Tanger and Rockvale Outlets and tons more. So it is literally one minute from the motel to the road that goes into Ronks, Paradise, Intercourse and one minute the opposite way to anything you may want or need.

Now for the very best part of Mill Stream stay....they give you a free 2 hour tour of the Amish Country. The bus picks you right up at the motel and the driver is so knowledgeable about the Amish way of life. She took us on all of the back roads and gave us a detailed tour of the Amish houses, what to look for, watching the children working in the fields, everything you always wanted to know and see. While on the tour we stopped at a family run quilt shop. The 2 youngest children gave us a detailed description and price of each quilt they had on display and for sale.. And the older sister showed us the quilt she was currently working on. Then on to more back roads and another stop at a Amish home/shop that makes homemade rootbeer. More touring and then to Hayloft Candle Shop which has everything that the Amish have to offer. Wood items, baskets, brooms, candles, baked goods, old time toys, homemade pretzels and ice cream, and a petting zoo. 2 full hours and everyone loved every minute of it. Sign up for the tour as soon as you check in. I dare say that tour would probably have cost each person about $25.00 if you had to pay for it. So the tour is a definite plus at Mill Stream.

The only downfall I had with the motel was that there was not a coffee maker in the room and the lobby closes at 9pm. When we would get back to the room after shopping all day and having dinner, we would have liked a cup of coffee while we sat out on our balcony. Had to go up to the main highway (yes it is only 2 minutes) to get coffee before we went back to the room.

If you are going to Amish Country, give this motel a try. You will enjoy it.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank spikemom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smoketown
Bird-In-Hand Family Inn
Comfort Suites Amish Country
#14 of 40 in Lancaster
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lancaster
Comfort Inn Lancaster - Rockvale Outlets

Been to Mill Stream Country Inn? Share your experiences!