“Convenient and inexpensive” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Somerset
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Convenient and inexpensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

Located right off the exit ramp of the Pennsylvania turnpike, this motel was an inexpensive and convenient place to stay to break up a very long car journey. The check in was easy and friendly, rate of $55 was good, the room and bathroom were very clean. The only negative occurred when we turned down the bed covers. The bottom sheet was covered with other people's hairs. Long, short, red, black, blond. We guessed that it was not a situation where the sheet hadn't been changed, unless the people before us had about 6 different people sleeping in that one bed. (We don't want to know.) Either the sheet was dropped somewhere where it picked up lots of hairs or the laundering was inadequate. Anyway, there's a big notice in the room to let the management know if anything at all is not up to one's satisfaction. It was 2 a.m. so we just removed the hairs as best we could and spent a somewhat sleepless night. The next morning we notified management at checkout and they apologized. There was no other action such as discount, coupon for future stay, etc. offered. The complimentary hotel breakfast is very basic: white bread bagels or toast, coffee, two types of generic commercial cereals. However, you can walk to nearby restaurants and diners for better fare, which is what we did.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank melody8va

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Amherst
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

Ok so after reading the reviews I was a little concerned about staying here but decided to take a chance, I called first to see if the pool was open after reading that it hadnt been, but that was all good, So in we went, room was nice(220), and clean. first thing we did was turn on the AC and wow yep it was super loud we figured if we cranked it up while we were gone we could maybe turn it off overnite, but that didnt work either, just so loud. SO we went to the pool great pool loads of kids which we like to watch but beware if you're looking for quiet time, was disappointed to see that the whirlpool was not working, then looking at reviews its been since 2009 and there were reports of not working.. It should be removed from there amenities list . So I would of given this hotel at least 4 stars, but I got totally turned off by the lounge, my husband and I went down a little after nine as we didnt wanna go anywhere else for the night, shortly after someone came up and asked us for a cover charge for a band that was going to play soon, first were a guest at this hotel, extra fees, second we were there before any band started, anyway we told her we were just going to have a couple of drinks and then go back to our room. so when we ordered another round, a young bartender comes up to us and says Im sorry but she says if you dont pay the cover you cant stay here, OK GOODBYE!!! If you're going to have a lounge on your premises at least have an agreement that takes care of the hotel guests, I was completely turned off by this, other wise would of been better.

Room Tip: no noise from traffic on front rooms
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank rhonda0815
Pickering, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012 via mobile

Stopped here on our way from Detroit to Baltimore. Hotel is literally right off the TPike, as soon as you go thru the toll booth it's just to the left. Curious staff and clean rooms. Great for an overnight stay.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank The_KayJo
Ruther Glen, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

I chose to stay here reluctantly because of a less than wonderful stay at the Days Inn in Ashland, Ohio. This place was much better! The room was impeccably clean. Everything in the room worked well, TV, lights, etc. Even though the location is in a high traffic area (the only way to get closer to the Turnpike is to get ON the Turnpike), one the door closed I heard nothing of the outside. There are a number of good eating places within walking distance or a short drive. I highly recommend thins property.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank JohnB58247
Mercer, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

My girlfriends and I stayed at Days Inn Somerset because it was in close proximity to a race called Women in the Wild that was taking place the next morning. The room was clean and comfortable. The price was very affordable. The next morning we had to leave by 7:00 a.m. to get to the race which started at 8:30. I left the dome light on in my car and my battery was DEAD!!! I went to the front desk and asked for help. The staff couldn't have been more accomodating. One of the staff members (Singh) gave us a jump and we were on our way by 7:10. We arrived at the race and kicked butt!!! I highly recommend this establishment.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alisha G
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012 via mobile

For around $50 we got a renovated room with a new king size bed with a protector sheet covering the mattress. Bathroom was new too! Great value and super clean and comfortable. Plus nooo musty old smell. Yay

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank foodiesforlife
Norfolk
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

Days Inn in Somerset,Pa. Is the worst hotel for someone to stay at after making a reservation because they don't keep it....I book a room 10 days before arriving and on the day I was to check in they gave my room away to someone else..I then had to work for another 2.5hrs to find another place to stay..Which in turn cost me more money...The places out side look bad so I just wonder what the rooms look like...When ask why my room was giving away I got to many stories that made my head spend...I don't know if all of days inn is like this because it was frist time booking with them but I would say make sure the day you are to check in this hotel I would make sure they have the room you want...
Gen Manger should be remove from his job...This hotel needs to be check out by days inn corp..undercover just to see how they work...
Last thing is DON"T STAY HERE...Go to the Baymont Inn (Americas Best value Inn) they are changing names but they will treat you right...

Room Tip: There is no tip about chooseing rooms try another hotel all together....
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Bhupinder S, General Manager at Days Inn Somerset, responded to this review, 18 August 2012
Mr, Michael
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post a Review. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying.as per our conversation we had plumbing issue in the smoking room and i had offered same type of non smoking room. and you refused to take non smoking room.you did not want a smoke out side of the room. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 814-445-9200.
Sincerely, Staff & Management.

Days Inn Somerset Pa.

Travellers are raving about these Somerset hotels