“Absolutely Awesome Experience!”

Somerset Country Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Somerset
Somerset Country Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Somerset B&B and Inns
Weirton, West Virginia
“Absolutely Awesome Experience!”
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Joyce and Dan were wonderful! We had reserved at another B&B nearby (Country Dreams in Rockwood), but the owner there "bait and switch"-ed us, and tried to give us a much smaller, less nice room for the same price. Refusing to succumb to her underhanded tactics, we left and ended up finding Somerset Country Inn, and we were thrilled that Country Dreams didn't work out, because we were so happy at Somerset! The Inn was gorgeous, the rooms exceptionally clean, the breakfast delicious, the company delightful... I could go on and on. I would highly recommend Somerset Country Inn to anyone, and we definitely plan to visit again!

Room Tip: Ask for the Grand Room!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank abrewer0820

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 27 October 2010

i arrived at the somerset country inn at @11pm after a long drive from the pgh airport. easy to find...a simple left from the turnpike onto central ave., just past the chamber of commerce (who were most helpful to me the next day in finding Greenridge Horse Ranch...a great place to horseback ride!) on the right.
joyce and dan were waiting up for me, showed me my very clean and comfortable bedroom on the ground floor with bath en suite. they offered me a beverage of choice and dan and i spent some time discussing current health care in which we are both involved.
i had a wonderful night's sleep, a delicious breakfast made by joyce, and enjoyed the company of a couple from cleveland on their way to d.c.
joyce went out of her way to get me an appt. with her hairdresser, donna miller, for a haircut which i sorely needed. what better hospitality could you ask for-sharing your hairdresser?
a very pleasant experience all around...left me with a desire to return someday to somerset, and the somerset country inn for a longer stay.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank irish1352
Reviewed 15 August 2010

Traveled to Somerset for a friend's 25th wedding anniversary party with 2 other couples. We stayed at this B&B & did a little celebrating before the party at the picnic table outside the B&B. The owner was very helpful and friendly, gave us tips on what to see in Somerset & offered us glasses to use. Beds were comfortable & the breakfast was good. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Alexandria, Va
Reviewed 29 March 2010

Even if it's your first time here - as it was for us - you'll feel like you've "come home." The home and hosts combine to present a loving, warm atmosphere. Rooms are comfortable and immaculate, breakfasts are YUMMMMMMMY and you certainly won't need lunch afterwards. Dan and Joyce are low-key in manner, but far above the competition in consideration of their guests needs.

These are folks who truly have a calling to serve others, and they do it with class.

The inn is an easy walk to great restaurants too!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank CBPercyAlexandria_Va
Bucks County, PA
Reviewed 19 February 2007

After some research we booked this property over two months before our trip (due to the busy President's weekend).

Joyce & Dan have owned this B & B for over 12 years and run it hands on and it shows! We loved the fact that they are one of few B & B's who welcome children. Rather than staying in a hotel room, we were able to have two connecting bedrooms which was like a home away from home. The place is very clean and well maintained. Breakfast was cooked each morning by Joyce herself and was very good. She made sure to make something more 'kid friendly' for the children i.e. plain french toast vs. cream cheese stuffed french toast w/ blueberries and scrambled egss vs. quiche.

The only downside was quite a bit of road noise (in the two bedroom area in the front of the house) since they are located a few feet of the main street and the beds our children and I slept in should be replaced by more firmer mattresses. The king bed had no box spring underneath and it was apparent by all the noise the slats made everytime you moved. Having said that, it wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Joyce and Dan are a very sweet older couple who will do everything to make your stay pleasant (and went so far as to provide chicken broth and crackers for my sick husband).

The main purpose of our trip was to ski Seven Springs and we had a good time. The mountain itself doesn't have a very high elevation, but it is very wide which spread out the skiers and didn't seem to crowded even on a busy weekend. The worse part was the lifts lines and even they moved faster than we thought they would when you saw how many people were in line.

Their ski school for my boys was good, offering older, more experienced, instructors than I've come across on other trips (Bellayre NY & Steamboat Springs CO) which I prefer. The only down side was having to wait in line each day even though I pre registered. It seemed it didn't save much time because 95% of the parents pre registered their kids and we all stood in line, even on the second day when my child was there the day before? It would be nice if they had a separate line for returning kids (from the day before) and they could admit them right in.

The mountain does offer alot of things to do such as tubing, bowling, swimming, roller skating, etc. but keep in mind that the bowling alley only has 4 or 5 lanes and skating area is very small. The pool was a decent size and I was surprised it wasn't more crowded. We did tube the day we left and the two hour session they offer was the perfect amount of time. We found that after a long day of skiing my kids didn't have much energy left and therefore couldn't really take part in the mountain activities. If your going there and don't leave a day or two to NOT ski, then you might as well go to any mountain because you won't utilize all the things they offer.

All in all it was a very nice trip and although I don't like to repeat my vacations (because their is always someplace we haven't seen before) I may just go to Seven Springs/Somerset Country Inn again.

Stayed February 2007