“Thanks, Mom - GREAT meal”
Review of Oakhurst Tearoom

Oakhurst Tearoom
Ranked #2 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Somerset
Price range: US$0 - US$28
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Lakeland, FL
“Thanks, Mom - GREAT meal”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

If you happened across a Smorgasbord restaurant along a highway in rural southwestern Pennsylvania, your expectations for an above average experience probably wouldn't be very high.
You would be wrong.
The Oakhurst Tearoom is a surprise, ONLY to those who are visiting for the first time.
In business since 1933, and with a seating capacity of 550, no one would be surprised to find institutional-grade food standard fare - but not here.
NOTHING tastes commercial.
EVERYTHING on the buffet has a delicious and fresh HOME-MADE flavor.
It's all properly done, and NOTHING is over cooked.
Servers are friendly and efficient, and the atmosphere is surprisingly quiet, given the openness of the dining areas.
You're gonna LOVE the desert bar.
This was MY first visit in nearly 30 years, and it was like coming home to mom's kitchen.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank rkhawg

Pittsburgh, PA
“Just okay”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Meh. Decided to try the Oakhurst Tearoom after not having been there for probably 20 years. It looks the same, for whatever that's worth. (And yes, I noticed a kind of "old building" smell.)

The day I visited it was quite crowded, with buses outside. The ham was good. The beef was overdone for my tastes. The vegetables were mushy - but I think they always were. Overall, it is an acceptable buffet without the variety of say, a Golden Corral. They've stayed with the old fashioned "down home" type of foods.

My children used to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to eat here as children. Mainly for the large variety of deserts, I think. And they still have them. Those children are adults now with children of their own.

I'm to the point in life where I really don't enjoy a buffet all that much. My children said they're "almost there". The grandkids loved it. Especially the deserts!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank BellaPittsburgh94
Kittanning, PA
“Nothing like I remembered”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

My husband and I ate dinner at this restaurant at least 20 years ago and thought it was just wonderful. Recently, I was in the area again and decided to stop for lunch. What a disappointment! We were the only people in the entire place which should have told us something right away. We had the buffet, which had baked chicken, fried fish, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, carrots, and a couple of other things. It also included a salad and bread bar and small dessert bar. I expected far more choices for $8.99. The offerings on the buffet were far from fresh, and I didn't see anything being replenished or replaced while we were there. The bread and coconut cake were good, everything else was mediocre or downright bad. The service was okay, but I would certainly expect it to be when there weren't any other diners in the place! Perhaps it is still okay for dinner, but the lunch was not even as good as the buffet at Ponderosa.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Beckybunny
Oakland, Maryland
“Best price and best seafood”
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

The Friday night seafood buffet is the best. The buffet area is always clean and stocked regularly with fresh food. The steamed shrimp is seasoned perfectly. Seniors get a $1.00 discount off the $28.99 price. It is worth the drive to get there

• Visited September 2013
Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
“great food”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

great food spotless buffet and good selection. we have been stopping here for years. you can always count on this place for a great dinner at a good price

Visited August 2013