“A mixed bag...”
Review of Indian Lake Resort

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Somerset
Indian Lake Resort
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My DH and I were invited to a wedding being held here. With only 30-some rooms available and being a resort on a lake, we were pretty sure we wouldn't be able to get a room but surprisingly we did (that should have been a warning sign).

The setting for the wedding itself was beautiful. It was on a balcony overlooking the lake and it was pretty picturesque. Afterward the reception was in their very nice banquet hall. The food was excellent. My only complaint is they needed better chairs which were too casual for a banquet hall (folding chair as opposed to banquet chairs). I'd rate the facilities for events a 4.5 out of 5.

I wish I could say the same about the accommodations. I would have hoped for better for a lake side resort. Although the room was clean and had a balcony overlooking the golf course, it fell short in two areas essential for a satisfactory stay. First, the beds were uncomfortable due to both my husband and I felt the coils under the sheets. Neither one of us had a good night sleep. Second, they warn about having a small water tank, and it was indeed small. My husband didn't have any hot water after I took my shower. It needed a lot of upgrades but these are the only two I'm going to gripe about. This hotel has a lot of potential, especially because of where it is located, but I feel the owners aren't taking advantage of it. With a little bit of renovating, this place could be booked all summer. I hope they do because I would love to come back here someday to enjoy the lake.

Room Tip: Ask if you can be placed in a room overlooking the lake. I understand rooms overlook the lake or the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Burghdutchess
Reviewed 8 August 2013

You might have to be a little patient when trying to make reservations. Sometimes the phone rings forever and there's no answer, or emails go unanswered for days. It's a bit laid-back in that respect. The decor is also outdated. But the rooms are clean and comfy. The views of the golf course and lake are unsurpassed, plus the breakfast included is generous. Also, the staff is very friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: Rooms with king-sized beds face the lake - request those, unless you prefer two doubles which face t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank EMTinLancasterPA
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My friends and I golf at Indian Lake on numerous occasions. After a cold, but fun day of golfing we stopped at the Lodge for drinks and a meal. When we went to leave we were informed by our waitress that the computer system was down and she couldn't print out our bill at that time. The waitress was very friendly and we understand that sometimes things like this happen. After being there for about an hour after being told the computer system was down and still not being able to pay we asked to talk to the manager. A lady came out and was far from friendly. She wanted us to leave our credit card numbers, which we refused to do. We told her we knew how much we ate and drank and they could figure it out manually. She refused and said she would call the police. After much back and forth we left more than enough money for our meal and instructed the "manager" to give the waitress the remainder in a tip. I'm not sure what they wanted us to do.....stay all night if the computer wasn't fixed. We will definitely be golfing there again, as for dining we are not so sure at this time.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Ginny K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerset
Quality Inn Bedford
#3 of 12 in Somerset
A1Economy Inn
A1Economy Inn
#5 of 12 in Somerset

Been to Indian Lake Resort? Share your experiences!