Budget Host Inn Somerset
US$118
Econo Lodge Somerset PA(Somerset)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$54
US$62
All reviewsgas stationroom keydinermotelfimaintenancedesk
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

After an unsuccessful attempt to book the a1 hotel reviewed here. We chose this location; upon arrival (130ish am) I would have been a bit worried, had it not been for the helpful reviews, dated but safe and knowing my room had free HBO I was at ease to settle in the clean dated room; it was quiet for the rest of the night. Next day it was a breeze getting back on the road.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I've stayed here on trips to this area several times over the years. The owners keep it clean! The bedding is good, I think they must have just updated the pillows. This place is a real value, it has a microwave and fridge in the room. I really like the option of a King size bedroom. There are several low cost lodging choices in Somerset, but this is the best. Pick up a 10% off coupon for the Pine Grill at the front desk. The grill is right across the street. You also can walk to the Summit Diner next door for a excellent breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Morresa
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I left a pair of sandles in my room. I called the next day to ask if they had found them and they said yes. They asked that I send a box with prepaid postage and they would return them. I did so, left a note in the box with details, address and phone number. After a week of no return or communication I called only to be told they didn't have them and didn't have my number. My number was clearly written on the note in the box, they said they didn't open the box. "If you didn't open the box then how did you know what it was for?" Seemed like a logical question to me. Basically they flat out lied and now I'm out the cost of the shipment both ways. The sandles are my problem, but I didn't appreciate being lied to.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tim H
Reviewed 19 March 2013

From the outside you may be a little discouraged but don't be. This little place has always been clean. We stay every time we come up for Pen's games. They are also in the middle of upgrading their rooms. The price is very good and the people that own are super. They remember my husband and I every time we come. Last time we stayed we forgot our phone charger. They held it and gave it to us the next time we came. I'm telling you if you need a place to stay this is great. Friendly staff, clean room, free wifi and I always sleep great.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pengirl87
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I was skeptical b/c of the lower ratings by other sites, but the room was clean and there was a great diner right next door. You can walk to a turkey hill on one side and a diner on the other. Perfect rest stop for sixty bucks. Don't let the travelocity reviews scare you...not a scam. Owner is very nice and polite. If you're getting there late in the winter ask him to turn your heat on an hour before you get there and ask them to turn on the heat before you get there! Thanks for a great night's stay

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple