“Good Deal”

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Somerset
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Good Deal”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

This room was a great deal. Negatives: the heater took a little while to kick in, but once it did, the room was very warm. The internet connection was a little slow. Positives: very friendly service, very clean rooms, comfortable bed (got a great sleep), and several free HBO channels. I would do it again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sellersburg, Indiana
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed at the Budget Host Inn when all of the cheap options in Somerset were taken. It was an average room at best and a little dirty with a tiny "airline" bathroom.

When I was in the shower I lost my balance and caught myself on the shower door. It turns out that it was made of regular glass and it shattered! When I went to report the accident I was told "Don't worry about it." I left some money for housekeeping and thought that they were probably thankful that I was not upset. However when i checked out they changed their mind and added $150.00 to my bill. They said that they would send a receipt for the cost of replacing the glass and refund the difference. Neither the receipt nor the refund ever came. As far as I know they replaced it with a $5 shower curtain from Walmart.

Please, out of principle, don't stay here!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Clint M

Travellers are raving about these Somerset hotels

Medford
Reviewed 9 August 2013

The coupon price was very good for this clean and quite room. The owner was very friendly and helpful. Whatever you requested, he was there to deliver. The room is remodeled and has a flat screen TV. The internet connection was good and there are local food venues in town. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

After an unsuccessful attempt to book the a1 hotel reviewed here. We chose this location; upon arrival (130ish am) I would have been a bit worried, had it not been for the helpful reviews, dated but safe and knowing my room had free HBO I was at ease to settle in the clean dated room; it was quiet for the rest of the night. Next day it was a breeze getting back on the road.

• Stayed August 2013
Southfield, Michigan
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I've stayed here on trips to this area several times over the years. The owners keep it clean! The bedding is good, I think they must have just updated the pillows. This place is a real value, it has a microwave and fridge in the room. I really like the option of a King size bedroom. There are several low cost lodging choices in Somerset, but this is the best. Pick up a 10% off coupon for the Pine Grill at the front desk. The grill is right across the street. You also can walk to the Summit Diner next door for a excellent breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Morresa
Cazenovia, New York
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I left a pair of sandles in my room. I called the next day to ask if they had found them and they said yes. They asked that I send a box with prepaid postage and they would return them. I did so, left a note in the box with details, address and phone number. After a week of no return or communication I called only to be told they didn't have them and didn't have my number. My number was clearly written on the note in the box, they said they didn't open the box. "If you didn't open the box then how did you know what it was for?" Seemed like a logical question to me. Basically they flat out lied and now I'm out the cost of the shipment both ways. The sandles are my problem, but I didn't appreciate being lied to.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tim H
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed 19 March 2013

From the outside you may be a little discouraged but don't be. This little place has always been clean. We stay every time we come up for Pen's games. They are also in the middle of upgrading their rooms. The price is very good and the people that own are super. They remember my husband and I every time we come. Last time we stayed we forgot our phone charger. They held it and gave it to us the next time we came. I'm telling you if you need a place to stay this is great. Friendly staff, clean room, free wifi and I always sleep great.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple