“where my heart is b and b”

Quill Haven Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Somerset B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 February 2014

we love this b and b . we come as often as we can to get away from every day life and are always treated as family. carol is an excellent hostess we love coming and hate leaving . come here and you will love the experience of quill haven . leaving you with the want to come back as soon as possible we spend many holidays with carol as well its great !

Room Tip: bridal suite has an awesome sunken tub love it ladies
There are newer reviews for Quill Haven Country Inn

Reviewed 20 February 2014

My boyfriend and I spent a relaxing two nights in the Quill Haven Inn in January. We were going to cross-country ski, but the weather didn't cooperate the first day so we hiked instead. But a surprise storm blew through and we were able to go out our second day. Coming back to the Quill Haven Inn both nights was such a pleasure. We stayed in the rose room, with its king bed, lovely wallpaper and homey feel. It reminded me to visits to my Grandmother's during my college years. Carol took care of our every need. There was complimentary wine in the refrigerator of the living room, plenty of DVDs to choose among and yummy breakfasts to fuel us up before our active adventures in the countryside. There is much to explore in the Laurel Highlands and staying at the Quill Haven Inn is a wonderful respite after an active day.

Room Tip: Rose room was spacious and if you like a king bed, choose it!
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We travelled as a family so that our son could compete in the BUSOQ Snowboard Halfpipe at Seven Springs resort. We arrived very late at night due to the traffic and the weather, and the owner of Quill Haven, Carol, stayed up late to greet us and show us to our room. We are used to frozen Eggo waffles - straight out of the toaster ! Our son is a very picky eater, and he loved the freshly prepared waffles, muffins and eggs that Carol made for him. We stayed for 6 nights, and we were out most of the days at the resort. During our stay we felt as if we were personal guests in someone's home, not in a hotel. This is the cleanest hotel we have ever stayed in, and we have travelled all over the world. After snowboarding all day, our son needed a lot of rest, and Quill Haven is very tranquil. As someone who grew up in London, England, I found Quill Haven to be quiet, and peaceful. At night it was so dark we could see thousands of stars, instead of the 20 or 30 we usually see from the city. Quill Haven is perfect for some quiet time, or a honeymoon, or especially if you have grown up in a city like me and you want to get away from it all. I was suprised at how relaxed and stress free we felt when we stayed here. We stayed during the winter, so we did not use the hot tub, but they do have one. The house is beautifully decorated, and there are ornaments, decorations and hedgehogs in every corner of the house. It is amazing. We would love to go back to Quill Haven :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 February 2014

My partner and I wanted to get away for our anniversary and Quill Haven was the perfect place to stay. We were greeted by Carol upon arrival and received many complementary accommodations. The house is beautiful and comfortable. We stayed in the Bridal Suite and loved the space. There are a lot of attractions in the area (state parks, ski resorts, shopping, restaurants, wineries, etc.) and Carol helped us plan our vacation without ever crowding us. The other guests were also friendly, but we had plenty of privacy. The breakfasts were outstanding. Delicious homemade cookies and a wide variety of teas were also provided. The robes were great and we loved relaxing in the hot tub. We had such a good time we decided to stay another night! We recommend this B&B to anyone, not only couples.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful 3 night stay at Quill Haven Inn. We were the only guests there and got owner Carol's undivided attention. She provided everything we asked for: healthy whole grain breakfast w/lots of fruits. The room was clean, the bed comfy. Bathroom was very spacious and clean (we had the Garden room w/hummingbird décor everywhere which I love.) Nighttime freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. Robes in the room for hot tub dipping too. Before taking leave, we also visited their 7 goats in the barn out back. The goats were so cute. Our 1st day hiking it was rainy. Carol lent me her brand new rain coat which saved my life! It kept me warm and dry in very chilly wet weather. I am forever grateful!
This Inn is also very conveniently located on Center avenue, close to many restaurants, skiing places. This is our 2nd trip and we were wondering why it's been 3 years since our last visit. We will go back again and again. This will be our home away from home each time we go x-country skiing in Somerset. Check it out. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: They have a bridal suite room with a huge bathroom & soaking tub. We may try that next time.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My new husband and I decided to take a quick trip to Somerset/Johnstown area of PA so that I could meet some of his family. This would be my first real trip to PA but it will not be my last, and I will stay at the Quill Haven every time! Carol was so gracious and accommodating, very personable and a joy to talk with. The room was BEAUTIFUL and so comfortable. I felt so at home but yet I still felt like I had gotten away from it all. Quill Haven offer's two breakfast times which is very thoughtful. We chose the 9:15 and had the most wonderful conversation with Carol and the other guests that we talked past 11! The food was terrific! plenty to enjoy and delicious. I felt like I was staying with family :) If you are visiting this area of PA, you must stay at Quill Haven, you will truly love it!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Being a young couple celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary we wanted to try a B n B but didn't know what to expect. Well, we were completely delighted by our stay at Quill Haven. Carol, the owner greeted us and was so warm and friendly. She also offered cookies (which were homemade and so good) and a glass of wine which was so nice after our drive. The room itself was great and the breakfast the next morning was absolutely delicious! All and all a wonderful time and we would definitely return.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerset
Holiday Inn Express Somerset
#1 of 1 in Stahlstown
Log Cabin Lodge and Suites
Log Cabin Lodge and Suites
#1 of 1 in Jones Mills

Been to Quill Haven Country Inn? Share your experiences!