“Worst customer service I've ever experienced over phone”
Review of Super 8 Somerset

Super 8 Somerset
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Somerset
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

I called to confirm that our 2 rooms had been canceled for last night, as I never received an emailed confirmation like I was told I would. Not to mention, a man from hotel called at 12:30 and 1:50 a.m wondering if we were going to show up (discovered the voicemails when I woke up this morning). Basically, I just don't want my credit card charged, so I call ASAP. The lady who answered first tells me I'm too loud and would I turn my volume down or speak softer....sure, no problem! Then she tells me she can't guarantee that I won't be charged (though I called before 6:00 deadline). I asked to speak to a manager, and she said this was their busy time of day and hung up! I'm guessing this is a nice hotel but they need to find someone with better customer service skills to answer the phone!

Stayed: August 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The room was spacious, clean, and had certain amentities like a fridge. The people at the front where courteous and very helpful. The only complain is that the walls were thin and could hear people - especially those overhead. But once I got to sleep, no problem.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My husband, my parents and I spent a night in a room here on the way to Michigan. The room was clean and in excellent condition, and they even put a microwave in it for us for free because we had brought along food we wanted to heat up.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Anita R
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Stayed here for one night on our trip down south, and found it to be VERY nice. Somerset is a small town, and in the past have stayed in some lesser hotels here, but this was great. At first we thought the "cover parking" area was a little odd, but our car stayed cool out of the sun, and in the morning when we left, it was raining like crazy, and we could pack our car without getting our stuff wet. The front desk was super nice at check in. Very friendly. Our mattress was soft and comfy, with a new down comforter. We also had what looked like brand new rugs and a wonderful new leather chair. So much better than material, that cannot easily be cleaned and disinfected. The bathroom was spotless, with new Kohler shower fixtures. The room featured a nice size flatscreen, and very good lighting. Breckfast had "brand name" products, like Kellogs cereal, instead of cheap stuff. Small fitness room, with a tiny( 1 person?) hot tub, that was out of order. This will be our new Somerset hotel from now on.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple