Comfort Inn
Econo Lodge(Somerset)
Budget Inn(Somerset)
A1Economy Inn(Somerset)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskpa turnpikewaffleshot eggsflight memorialthe lower levelgreat water pressurebreakfast roomwould stay here againan older hoteldecent hotelrefrigerator and microwavepleasant staybreakfast was includedconvenient locationstaff was friendlyclean rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Some definite positives: friendly, responsive staff. Free wireless, fridge and microwave in the room, and a very nice cable selection. I've stayed in much nicer places that charge for wireless and have pitiful cable. The location is good. The breakfast is pretty decent too. It's the usual stuff: waffles, eggs, sausages, cereal, etc.

The stuff you put up with for the inexpensive price: thin walls, noisy plumbing, low end furniture and a tiny bathroom. Not unexpected and not really an issue with me.

Here's where this place needs to step it up: housekeeping. Our room seemed clean when we checked in. Nothing fancy, but everything looked good. After that, not so good. The maids never vacuumed while we were there though. They didn't change out the sheets and they didn't do the best job in the bathroom either. Admittedly we never complained, but we were on a tour and really didn't have a lot of time when we got back from our outings.

If management reads this, my suggestion is to step up your housekeeping. You have a nice little facility, but unless I hear things are better, next time I come through the area, I'll stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank M Z
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Maybe it was because we arrived late, but the room we stayed in had definitely not been renovated nor was it particularly clean. The carpet was in fact stained, as was the blanket on the bed. It is convenient to the turnpike and we did get a good rate, but I think I would have preferred to pay a bit more for a nicer hotel. Breakfast was nothing special. The room did have a mocrowave and a fridge which is always nice.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Coastallife
Reviewed 14 March 2012

This comfort inn has been completly updated with everything from new microwaves and fridge, to new carpet, beddings, and flat screen TV's. We arrived on a slow Sunday evening and were promptly given the royal treatment. The clerk was on top of everything. I would not hesitate in the least bit to stay here again as the service is excellent, the rooms are well appointed and very clean (spotless even in our pet friendly room).

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Michael P
Reviewed 17 February 2012

my family lived in somerset for a few years but then we moved, and while we were back to visit we stayed at comfort inn. and it was a really nice hotel. the staff their is very nice and friendly, the rooms are very clean, and comfortable. comes with a mircowave, cable tv, fridge. the beds were nice and soft to sleep on. seems like they really take care of the rooms. the cleaning staff are willing to help you in any way. it was very quiet for the most part the only thing i ever heard was when people arounf us would come and go with the door. but you will have that in any hotel. they are pet friendly which was a plus for us. the breakfast was good. and the staff was so nice and helpful with my kids. great hotel. i recommend to anyone to stay there.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I have stayed here about eight times in the past few months...each time it has been good...they are removating some of the rooms now...the beds are great the rooms are always clean..not a fancy place but a nice clean basic room...i always stay on the top floor it is quiet which is great for a day sleeper...truck parking on the east side of the parking lot ..easy to get to right off the turnpike...restaraunts within walking distance and a c-store next door...price around $80.00 which is around $30.00 cheaper than the hampton across the street...this is prob not the fanciest place around but I have never had a bad experience here its prob not the greatest place for a romantic getaway but for a truckdriver or business traveller its great...they give you one free drink in the lounge ...the lounge is nothing special just a place to grab a few drinks not a great place to relax and have a burger...worst food I have ever eaten...but for a motel its good and reasonable for the area..

Room Tip: top floor nice and quiet...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business