“Not bad for a short ski-weekend stay”

Quality Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Somerset
Cleveland, Ohio
“Not bad for a short ski-weekend stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I must admit I was a tad bit leery of booking our Seven Springs weekend ski getaway here after reading the reviews, but some people just get out of hand with their expectation, especially when it’s a great deal after all is said and done. They offer free breakfast, an indoor pool (there is a hot tub on the premises but it’s empty and not advertised) and their rooms are OK. Typical coffee maker, hair dryer, television, lights and beds. The sink is inside the restroom but there is a vanity just outside the bathroom door. I have no complaints about our stay and the staff was friendly. I used our choicehotels.com membership number and got the room for $122 from Friday night through Sunday and there was no place else in the area that came close to being that cheap. I’d recommend staying here as long as you aren’t looking for a 5-star hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Robert S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your honest review.
You mentioned that we are not a FIVE STAR hotel. I have to admit that it's 100% true.
But, we have 170 rooms on our property and we are trying to keep them always clean. We also have a Pre-heated Indoor Swimming pool and Hot Breakfast in the morning, Bar (Lounge) in our property - which opens at night time and our services are better.

We are near to SEVEN SPRING SKI RESORT and HIDDEN VELLEY.

We want to thank you very much for pointing out all important points in your review.

We promise, your next stay will be more pleasurable. See you soon in Somerset - Quality Inn.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Selkirk, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stay here regularly when I am the area, I drive a transport.
Jessica and the rest of the front desk staff are always most friendly and helpful
The hotel is one of the, if not the, largest in the area.
It has been here a while and is showing its' age wonderfully.
Once i park, I am on foot and can get to a large variety of restaurants with no difficulty.
If you need a nice place to stay, I would recommend it fully

Room Tip: they still have smoking rooms...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thanks to shine our image by beautiful words in your review.

You mentioned very important point - All big restaurents are in a walking distance. You also said that our parking lot is big and it is suitable for big trucks, trailors & buses.

We care about our guest and that's the reason of getting frequent travvelers in our hotel. We are really happy to have guests like you who come since years and staying at our property and leaving with the smile.

Looking forward to see you again

Thanks
Medford, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

My daughter and I stayed here twice recently on a trip back to Michigan. The first night on the way out we were very pleased with the overall appearance of the hotel, the front desk girl was very nice and our room was clean and just fine. We did have a problem with the smoke alarm beeping so we had to call the front desk and she moved us across the hall which was actually a nicer room! We were very comfortable and it was quiet. Breakfast the next morning was good although the juice machine was broken. It had snowed about 4 inches overnight and one of the employees mothers nicely cleaned the snow off my car for me when she saw we were without a scraper! So kind! Overall a very pleasant stay.
On the way home from Michigan we stopped again. It was a very very snowy night and we were greeted by a very nice gentleman who gave us the same rate we had the 4 nights before. He kindly turned our heat and lights on while we parked and unloaded the car. He asked several times if we were ok and needed anything. Again we had a very nice, clean, quiet room. Breakfast the next day was very good, lots of options, and the juice machine was fixed. Would definitely recommend this hotel. Nothing fancy but perfect for a good nights rest. (They do have an indoor pool that looks quite nice, but we did not use it)

Room Tip: sleep on the side facing the pool, seem to be a little nicer
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much to make a detailed review for us.

And most importantantly, you said that my employee's mother cleaned your car-snow. That's really great and that is because we work like a family and we believe that guest is everything for us.

We are carring, Loving and co-operative. Guests mentioned in their reviews and that boosts us to be what we are.

We will always try to keep up our hospitality standards adn we promise that you will enjoy your stay all times.

Thanks again.................Wish to see you again
Cement City, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on our way to Washington, D.C. Overall for the price this isn't a bad little hotel. Check in was smooth, room was nice, breakfast was decent. Didn't get to use the pool so I can't attest to that. Beds weren't the most comfortable but we slept well. Our room was quiet and clean. Right off the turnpike so the location is very convient.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much to make a purticular review.

Your review pointed 2 important things. (1)Good Price and (2)Our location.

You are absolutely right. We are located right on PA Turnpike and our prices are better than others if you consider our facilities and services also.

Thanks a lot to be very purticular in your review. Purticular reviews give us possitive direction .
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

We spent three nights at the Quality Inn. The hotel is just of the turnpike exit and conveniently located to Seven Springs Ski Resort (20 minute drive. We stayed in a suite with a jacuzzi tub (huge, with powerful jets). Room was clean and spacious. The hotel provides a complimentary breakfast, better than the average, with eggs, sausage and u-make waffles, among other things. There is a nice indoor pool

Room Tip: If skiing, you may want to ask for a ground floor room. The building has no elevators to the second...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks a lot to mention that we have a Breakfast better than avaerage breakfast at other hotels.

We have HOT Breakfast. And also, we have INDOOR PREHEATED SWIMMING POOL at our property - YOu already mentioned that in your review.

If you need to go out for meal, everything is in a walking distance.

We are obcourse beeter option in 20 miles arround and that's the reason why we are getting nice guests like you at our property.

Our rooms are specious and clean, you enjoyed that in a Jacuzzi room stay.

Thanks again and waiting to meet you again
Somerset, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at this location and though the rooms are very dated and the halls are a little chilly, it was a comfortable stay. I was less than thrilled with my checkin experience though. Joe at the front desk was less than friendly and his cell phone went off repeatedly. Not to mention we had to wait when we got there because he was nowhere in sight. After such a long drive, I was looking forward to getting into my room as quickly as possible. I was not happy when he loudly announced my rate AND my room number. Being a guest service agent myself, I know that for privacy reasons, these things should not be said out loud.
Other than that, we had a wonderful relaxing night... The rest of the staff was phenomenal and I would certainly stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Robert S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
I am sorry for the events that happen over your stay, I would like to talk to you about your stay can you please call me at 814-443-4646 ext 124. I look forward to your phone call
Crete, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

Robert Sipel, the General Manager, went out of his way to be accommodating. The heated indoor swimming pool is at just the right temperature, and Mr. Sipel made sure that the hallway leading to the pool was properly heated. Coffee and hot chocolate are always available in the lobby. A generous hot breakfast is included in the very reasonable price. We found the warm, friendly service particularly welcome on a cold January night after a long drive on the turnpike.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the kind words. We work hard to take care of all of our guests. I am so glad your husband enjoyed our pool and I remember you both I was at the desk when you checked in and I opened the pool early for you so your husband could get his swimming in. I do look forward to seeing you again in the future enjoy your summer. Rob Sipel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerset
Holiday Inn Express Somerset
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal
Super 8 Somerset
Super 8 Somerset
#12 of 12 in Somerset

Been to Quality Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!