“Nice Motel”

Quality Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Somerset
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We were driving through the area and needed a place to stay. We looked online and found the Quality Inn had very decent rates with a complimentary breakfast - sounded great.
When we arrived around 11pm, we were greeted by a fantastic girl at the front desk who was extremely helpful. We were travelling with 2 young kids - she very quickly arranged for a crib to be brought to our room and although the lounge was closed, she got us some milk for the baby - very accommodating and kind. The lobby was very clean.
The rooms were as good as a room in a motel as I would expect. I would not consider them any better or worse than a basic motel room. The wallpaper was coming off the wall in some parts and the showerhead was a little dirty. Nothing terrible, but like I said - comparable to a motel room that I would expect. There still must be some smoking rooms in the hotel because the room had a slight smell - nothing too bad, but still - I just can't believe smoking rooms still exist.
The breakfast in the morning was pretty good. Nothing over the top and was pretty basic, but it was pretty good. The restaurant was clean.
All in all, if I was expecting a motel stay, it would have been a good one. I think I was expecting a little more from a Quality Inn, but it was a fine stay and worth the low rate.
The hotel/motel was very dated, and I kept thinking that it is going to cost the hotel group a lot of money to renovate in the very near future. It needs a lot of work, but overall worth the low rate.
I think it would be a great place for a sports team who is travelling on a tight budget to stay. For a family with young children, I would probably look somewhere else. I didn't really venture in to the "Conference Center" part, but it did look like that part of the place was updated and was actually pretty good.
The service at the front desk was fantastic though from the girl who checked us in as well as the girl who checked us out.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank not interested n
Robert S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for taking time out to reveiw our hotel, We at the Quality Inn are very happy you had a great time . When you return to our hotel feel free to ask for me. Rob S

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The Quality Inn in Somerset would probably go unnoticed if it were located near a major city, but out in the mountain regions of PA it's a godsend. It's clean, the beds are comfortable, and the rooms come with all the basic amenities (free Internet, room with a big TV and small refrigerator, free breakfast), and a very friendly, helpful staff. All this for $76 per night (and I was able to get a rate reduction down to $68 with my AAA card). A great place to stop overnight on a long trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words. Weat the Quality Inn Conference center is very happy you had a great stay. We are always looking to improve and the only way we can do that is guests like yourself . Thank you again and have a great summer

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I was planning a weekend getaway spur of the moment and was able to get the jacuzzi suite at a great price!! Walking through the entrance I was impressed by the size and layout, felt like a fancy hotel.The hotel was very easy to find and I was impressed by the overall cleanliness of the entire hotel and let's not forget about the staff and service! Holly and Jess were amazing, extremely helpful and always had a smile! Thankful to have such a great getaway!

• Stayed: April 2014
Kansara-Manoj, Regional Revenue Manager at Quality Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for using beautiful words for our hotel and our services.

Looks like your experienced eyes marked everything what we have. You stayed in our Jacuzzi room and you marked that the tub and room are bigger than many other hotels.

You also mentioned that our hotel gave you a feeling of staying in a “FANCY HOTEL”.
We are very happy to know that our staff members gave you good services with smile.

And a cherry on the cake is, you get everything with very reasonable rates!!!!!

We always try to provide our best services and facilities at reasonable rates and your inspirational words gave us an another push.

Hope to see you again

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We were travelling through and read the reviews on trip advisor and picked this hotel. We used a walk in coupon & got a room for $65 Our daughter stayed also so we requested a rollaway bed ( paid the extra $10 ) it was very small & very uncomfortable. We complained in the morning but only was offered a apology. The front desk was great friendly & helpful hotel was clean & breakfast was good. Pool was closed. They really need to offer rooms with 2 queen beds double beds just don't cut it anymore for most folks.

Room Tip: Don't request a rollaway unless they update them & you shouldn't have to pay for them if...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Robert S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Virg577,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you found the hotel to be clean and our staff to be friendly.

You are correct we do charge for Rollaway beds. However, I do apologize that you had a bad experience with the rollaway. We always welcome the opprotunity to discuss issues and ideas for improvement with our guests. Please, at your convience, contact me at 814-443-4646 so that I can discuss a way to correct this issue.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We happened upon this hotel while looking for a place to stop on the way to Washington DC. The prices were already affordable, and additionally they had a coupon for us to use. Jessica was helpful, patient and efficient. The kids were disappointed the pool was closed for maintenance.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Memoholland,

I am sorry that our pool was closed during your stay. During that time we were in the process of resurfacing our pool to make it a much more enjoyable experience for our guests.

Our staff always work to make our guests experience in the hotel as pleasant and enjoyable as possible. Our partnership with local restaurants are an added benefit we are more than happy to offer.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Jessica at the front desk was very friendly and helpful with anything we needed. It was clean, quiet, and the beds were comfortable. Prices were very reasonable. The only thing that would have made it better is if they would have had two queen size beds in the room, however I don't think that was an option. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Linke,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your review of our hotel. You are correct we do not offer Queen bed rooms. We are however, always looking to increase our guests experience and we always consider their feedback on how we can improve.

Our staff work very hard to keep the property clean and welcoming. I'm glad that you found them to be friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Great place! Clean, nice, good free breakfast food.
We checked in in a middle of driving to MD, at 2 am, but they are still able to get us a nice room with King Bed. Will stay here again if we ever in the area again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Nisa U,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our King rooms are very spacious and roomy and we work very hard to make every guests stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Our housekeeping staff take pride in their work, and based on your review it shows!

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Robert Sipel,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerset
Holiday Inn Express Somerset
#6 of 12 in Somerset
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#3 of 12 in Somerset

Been to Quality Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!