The French Manor Inn and Spa
Skytop Lodge(Skytop)
Country Surrey Inn(Gouldsboro)
Lake Mocatek Inn(Lakeville)
View Hotel
Hotel M, Mount Pocono(Mount Pocono)
View Hotel
Paradise Stream Resort(Mount Pocono)
Cove Haven Resort(Lakeville)
  • Pool
Comfort Inn & Suites(Mount Pocono)
View Hotel
All reviewscouples massagethe salt water poolcheese plateget awaythe main househot tubpocono mountainsthe main dining roomcoffee cakelobster tailfall colorsa lovely staythe entire staffbed was very comfortableturn down servicebreakfast was deliciousmid week
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 June 2011

THe French Manor Inn and Spa is a very nice inn. There is a main house with a few rooms; and then three seperate buildings with other rooms and suites. The nights' stay includes a very large breakfast; where you order off a menu from probably 7 items. There is juice; fruit and pastries also served. Dinner is quite expensive; so if your looking for cheap go off site; but go out early as places in the area stop serving around or before 9pm. THe spa and staff at the spa were nice; and the indoor pool was a nice size. The grounds are very pretty and it is in a nice, secluded area. Great for a couples getaway; or girl friends getaway, but not appropriate at all for children or families. The staff was nice; the food was good; the rooms for large-over all an A+ weekend

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank jessicak76
Reviewed 29 May 2011

We went to the French Manor for our 10 year anniversary and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The weather was not the best but the setting, meals, spa and quiet location made the trip.

First, the breakfast is incredible and the dinner was also amazing. We found the food to be fresh and very tasty and while being rich in taste, it was not too heavy.

We stayed in the main house in the Versailles Room. We really like this location which is off the gorgeous dining room and on the top floor. The room was very cute with European charm. This place is from the 30's so do not expect the Ritz Carlton bathrooms. So if you like the old world provincial , then this is place for you.

The staff was nice and professional. It was a great weekend to remember and was a nice change of pace from the huge historic hotels that we usually visit. I would recommend the French Manor for a nice quiet romantic weekend!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank swiftlysaid38
Reviewed 30 April 2011

My husband and I had stopped by the Inn a few years ago.We are both in agreement that it is a beautiful place. After reading the reviews, We decided to spend a night. We stayed in a spa suite which was really very comfortable. In the afternoon, went to a wine tasting in Hannah's Cafe, which was nice. Afterward, I enjoyed reading in front of the fireplace in the evening while my husband went for a massage in the spa.We did eat in the Manor's restaurant which I thought was very overrated and overpriced. While our room was nice, we could hear the people in the adjoining room. You'd think that for the price of over $300 for a room, there'd be a little insulating sound barrier between rooms! The Easter Bunny left a small basket outside of our suite for us, which was a nice touch. I'd rate breakfast better than dinner. We were grateful to have a few B&B gift cards to defer from the cost of our stay, which was over $500. We definately won't go back and wouldn't recommend The French Manor.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank moreenf
Reviewed 18 March 2011

I did a lot of research before booking my Birthday getaway at the French Manor Inn and Spa. The remote location, size of the property, number of rooms, spa and restaurant were important. I stayed in a La Maisonneuve suite, the Chambord. It was beautiful, extremely clean and comfortable. I loved having a private balconly, whirlpool tub (PLENTY of hot water) and a fireplace. Being early March, lounging in front of the fire reading a book on a chilly night was wonderful. The spa was great, AJ and Cristy were attentive and efficient. The food/restaurant was incredible. I had two amazing. leisurly French meals. Point- all meals are cooked to order, so spending 2 hours at dinner is the norm, especially is you order 3+ courses. Breakfast in the main dining room is included and very filling. The staff greet you by name and I had the pleasure of meeting both of the owners' daughters, Bridget and Genevieve. My stay at The French Manor achieved it's purpose, complete relation, away from the real world. I plan on returning with my husband for our anniversary in a couple of years. I look forward to visiting the Inn during summertime and will take advantage of the hiking trails.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 February 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed for two nights at The French Manor and were extremely pleased with our entire weekend stay. It is a beautiful building located atop a hill in the Poconos with wonderful views across the rolling hills. We arrived in the afternoon and were immediately shown to our spacious spa room complete with fireplace, jacuzzi and four-poster king bed; there was a large decanter of sherry and a fruit and cheese platter waiting for us. The dinner that evening was fantastic - old traditional French cuisine which was refreshing considering all of the nouvelle cuisines and trendy restaurants of today. The dining room is lovely and romantic and the added addition of a piano player throughout the dinner highlighed our evening. The bedding and sheets are very comfortable and we had a pleasant night's sleep. The next morning we were treated to an elegant breakfast before we put on our boots and hiked through the mountainous area surrounding the hotel. Although there was about two feet of snow it was very special to experience the quietness and beauty of the surrounding hills and the wildlife throughout. The couples' massage was so so nice; our only regret was that it was over. Robin and AJ have a wonderful way of making you feel relaxed and, at the same time, doing a fantastic job. The pool and jacuzzi after our massage was a nice bonus to our afternoon. Since our dinner was so nice the previous night we decided to reserve again at The French Manor restaurant and were treated again to a delicious meal. Our stay was truly wonderful!
I have only a couple of criticisms: First, there should be a cd player in the room so that a guest can play some nice music in their room during such a romantic escape; Second, perhaps the in-room coffee maker should be upgraded to produced "hot" coffee - luke warm coffee is what is produced now. In addition, aside from hiking, there is not much to do in the immediate surroundings during this time of the year (late February). You will have to travel at least a half hour to find any other activities.
All in all The French Manor is a wonderful vacation destination that I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple