“Best part of the trip”

The French Manor Inn and Spa
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed overnight at the French Manor after dropping our child at summer camp. We were offered an upgraded room on our arrival and spent a very comfortable night in a room with a Jacuzzi tub. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was beautiful with a complimentary cheese and cracker plate waiting for us when we arrived. Our room had a gas fireplace which was welcome on an unseasonably cool evening. Breakfast the following morning was delicious. I were able to take advantage of the salt water pool in the spa while my wife enjoyed a message, even after our check out.

There are newer reviews for The French Manor Inn and Spa

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Such a wonderful place
Quiet cozy and great food
The staff is great
We spent a quiet weekend there with a couples massage and diner in their restaurant. words can not explain how good it was. It's the perfect place for a couples weekend. I wouldn't recommend bringing kids there though.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed for a few nights recently on our way back home. The breakfasts and afternoon teas were great. We had an excellent dinner there too. Very romantic. We loved all the staff that we met. They even let us tour the on-site garden that they use for the restaurant. We felt really pampered. The view was spectacular.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the view of the mountains
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed to attend a wedding at the Inn. The wedding was fabulous; the food was good and the view was really quite beautiful. It was a fabulous place to have a wedding. We thought our room was lovely and enjoyed the welcome cheese plate and sherry. That was a really nice touch. The view from our room was very nice too. My only criticism is that for over $400 a night, I felt that little things needed to be spruced up... There was a small tear in the sofa, and a crack in the tiles around the jacuzzi tub, etc. The entire experience was great, so I wouldn't even have thought twice about it, but the price was quite high.

Room Tip: I would ask for an upstairs room, that way you can see more of the beautiful mountain views.
1  Thank Mari D
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My sister and I try to plan a getaway weekend yearly between our larger "vacations" to distant destinations. The Poconos was approximately equidistant for us. I googled Poconos and spas and The French Manor popped up. Although my initial thought was that it was rather expensive, after looking at other lodging in the area, I would say that it is average. What is not average is the superior service. I feel that we were totally pampered and that we were the most important guests at The French Manor during our stay. We were allowed to check in early; we were upgraded to a larger room; and when we had a miscommunication about dinner, our entire meal was comped. I would definitely go back. In fact, I plan to take my husband during fall foliage.

Room Tip: Ask for the mountain view.
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here during 4th of July weekend this year for two nights. It is a beautiful old inn on top of a mountain in the Poconos, with a lovely view. The restaurant onsite is delicious but expensive. We did that one night but went out for the second. There isn't really much in the area except for nature. While we stayed there, it was raining so we used the hot tub and the saltwater pool, which were both very nice. They also have a spa on site, although we did not use it.

Room Tip: Versailles was in the main inn and had great views.
Reviewed 11 July 2014

First of all, I'd like to thank the entire staff and owners for a wonderful stay. As always, I felt special and relaxed after my stay. You are greeted by a friendly staff member that takes you to your room. During this visit, I stayed in the spa suites. They are spacious and charming. Inside, there are large beds and a couch to watch television or read a book. The sheets on the bed are so soft and so are the towels. Therefore, I slept throughout the night.
I brought my eighty year old in-laws on this trip and they stayed in the handicapped spa suite. The shower had grip bars with easy access. There is a refrigerator in the room to hold a few drinks and some medication they needed. It was quite helpful. In addition, it is close to the dining area.
Dining is always a pleasure at the French Manor. This year, they replaced the overhang on the outside patio area. It is a lovely. You have the option to dine outside and admire the beautiful mountains or dine inside and listen to the piano player. The piano player is an excellent asset. There is romance in the air when he plays old and familiar tunes. It creates a wonderful atmosphere . Of course, dinner is always scrumptious. The lump crab meat appetizer was delicious and so were the scallops and surf and turf.
The spa is great. My husband had a massage in which he came back totally relaxed. You can even go for a swim in the salt water pool. The spa staff are accommodating and well trained in massage therapy.
Overall, it's a wonderful couples or girlfriend retreat. I would highly recommend this place to anyone that needs time to recoup from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. It's truly a magical place.
Again, I want to thank the Logan family for keeping up with the family's high standards and maintaining this great place. We try to visit at least two or three times a year. We will be back soon.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. The rooms in the main house are quaint but the suites are spacious with out...
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Sterling
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville
Crescent Lodge & Country Inn

Been to The French Manor Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!