“Not for people who like fruits and vegetables - for pizza lovers”
Review of Maggio's

Ranked #4 of 45 Restaurants in Southampton
Price range: US$8 - US$22
Cuisines: American, Italian, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night and Saturday and Sunday Breakfast. Original award winning made from scratch recipes, Pizza, Ribs, Fresh Salads, Soups, Very Fresh Seafood, Filet Mignon, Veal, Chicken, Gourmet Burgers, Sensational Sandwiches, 200 plus beers with 20 on Tap, Fresh Fruit Cocktails ----- Aleays fresh, Always unique, Always homemade, Always eclectic and Always DELICIOUS !!!! ---- Since 1976!!!!
Reviewed 28 February 2009

I like to eat as much raw food as I can and, although this is an Italian restaurant, I thought I would try it. The menu has a large selection. I ordered the Asian salad and a tropical smoothie.

My salad was spring mix with slices of carrot, mandarin oranges, purple cabbage, and grape tomatoes. There may have been more there, but it was not impressive, the veggies were your typical ones from the fridge. The best part was that they used spring mix rather than iceberg or romaine.
The smoothie was bad. I think it was mostly ice with some coconut juice and tropical juice. There was no fruit in it at all, so the menu mislabled an icee as a smoothie.

My husband had a chicken dish, which he thought was okay, not great. The place was crowded and it was hard to hear table conversation since the acouistics were bad. The ambiance was nice, and many families were there. It seemed that people were enjoying their pizza - which is probably much better than their salads. We went on a Saturday night and had a 25 minute wait for a table.

2  Thank Peacebird5