“Thank you!!!”
Review of The Anuva Hotel

The Anuva Hotel
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We tried the Anuva on the reference of a friend, and we're glad we did! It's newly re-done, and is quite nice. Underneath the "new," it's still an older place, though, but it's quiet, out of the way, and well-kept. We were a bit disappointed in the lack of surface area to put things, and also with the toilet paper, which was thinner than thin. But the bed was comfortable and we felt quite safe. There's a continental breakfast included which is delivered to your door; it's not a buffet, and it's not gourmet, but it's food and it was welcomed. There's in-room coffee as well. This place is not the best place we've ever been, but we will definitely stay there again when we come back to Phoenixville.

Room Tip: There are only a few units as part of this motel . . .
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
AnuvaManagement, Guest Relations Manager at The Anuva Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I'm glad you found the guest room to be quiet and well-kept. We seek to optimize space for our guests and be environmentally conscious, but will be revisiting our toiletries selections to ensure a pleasant experience. We look forward to welcoming you again when you visit Phoenixville!

There are newer reviews for The Anuva Hotel

Reviewed 21 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend away. We booked a room with a king sized bed. When we arrived, we were told it was given away and we had to take a room with two full size beds. We were disappointed. When we got into the room, it was very cold. We turned on the electric heater and came back a few hours late. It was still VERY COLD and the heater itself had obviously not turned on. I called management and let them know. They told me, "just wait it will come on." It did not. The temperature dropped down close to 40 that night. The television was incredibly blurry. The hotel is listed as a HOTEL, but really it is a motel. The rooms exit directly into the parking lot. There is no buffet breakfast as listed. It is a cold breakfast of a piece of fruit, a cold drink, and a cold cereal. The walls of the rooms are incredibly thin and we heard the couple next door. Unfortunately, I woke up with bites all over my arms the next morning.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ashley F

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our website notes that the one bed rooms feature queen-sized, pilowtop mattresses and the pictures are consistent with what you will find when you enter any of our guest rooms. In addition, the website states that we provide a continental breakfast with multiple options consistent with that description. I'm sorry you misunderstood that to mean a hot breakfast. I apologize for the issues with the heat and TV you mentioned, we have looked into the issue and resolved it.
We strive for the utmost in cleanliness and have not been alerted of any issues with bugs given that we use industry standard cleaning and pest prevention solutions. In addition, sound barrier materials were used in the construction which greatly prevent and dampen any noise from coming through. I appreciate your feedback and hope that your experience in the future will meet your expectations.

Reviewed 2 March 2013

I stayed here a few times this winter and I think it is a good value. The rooms are clean and have some nice extras like the fridge and microwave. The highlight for us was the bathrooms which are very clean and the shower has great pressure..not weak like some hotels. It is a small property, but we have had pleasant stays w/no issues. I've checked out a few other places in the area and none really match the comfort and cleanliness.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We strive to ensure a great value for our guests and having the right amenities and cleanliness is an integral part of that. We're happy you enjoyed your stays and look forward to your staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 23 February 2013

My wife and I stayed at this property for 3 weeks during late January and early February 2013. The location was perfect for our visit to the area - at the centre of everything we needed to accomplish. This is NOT really a hotel - it is a motel. The small rooms are well equipped for an overnight stay but need enhancement for longer stays - the management accommodated the best they could. Great beds. The old house at the front serves as the manager's residence and reception area. Access to reception is limited by a locked door - friends could not use it. We had trouble with key cards not always working. The layout is susceptible to noise in the car park which happened mostly on the weekend with late arrivals. All in all it served us well - thanks Anuva.

Room Tip: Try to avoid weekend stays as it can be a bit noisy. Deer roam freely in the area.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're glad found the bedding to be comfortable and that the location was convenient to your needs. We look forward to your staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

I needed a place to stay overnight while travelling through the area and found this hotel on a quick search of google maps. I generally stay at SPG properties, but there wasn't one in the area, so I decided to take a chance and stay at this independent based on some of the google reviews. I had a very nice stay -- the bathroom was one of the cleanest I've seen and the bed was quite comfortable. Wifi worked great and I was surprised to find that breakfast was included in the rate and was a room service type deal (place your order, they deliver it to your room at the time you request). Front desk lady was very nice and willing to help. Overall, this place is an excellent value, it could easily charge $30 more per night if they wanted to for the quality..and I'd still pay it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Randy F

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're glad you found our property to be a great value with comfort and cleanliness. We look forward to your staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 12 August 2012

This really is a little gem of a property that's in a nice quiet area while still being convenient to the major hubs. I stayed in a queen suite through an orbitz booking and the room was very clean and comfortable. I stayed for a little over a week and it was perfect for getting into King of Prussia via back roads and avoiding bad traffic on 422 in the mornings. Would definitely stay here again and recommend. The rates are unbeatable for the quality and location.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Marcus F
AnuvaManagement, Guest Relations Manager at The Anuva Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're glad you found the location and rooms to be perfect for your needs. We look forward to your staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

My wife and I stayed here in July while attending a wedding in the area. The room was fantastic. Very clean, modern decor and the bathroom was fantastic. The rain shower head was great. The price was excellent considering there was a refridgerator and microwave in the room as well as free wifi. Also, breakfast is INCLUDED in the price! And the menu is decent to boot. The pictures on their website are a true reflection of what the rooms look like. I highly recommend this hotel if you are in the area and need to stay a night or two. We would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank krazykevy

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're pleased you found The Anuva Hotel to meet and exceed your expectations enough to recommend us to other travelers to the area. I hope we have the pleasure of providing you the best value in modern accommodations in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Spring City
#4 of 5 in Phoenixville
Hilton Garden Inn Valley Forge/Oaks
Courtyard Philadelphia Valley Forge/Collegeville
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Valley Forge/King of Prussia
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia V...
#4 of 16 in King of Prussia

Been to The Anuva Hotel? Share your experiences!