“Scones!”

Dining options: Lunch
Arnold, Pennsylvania
“Scones!”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

We try to go twice a year, mom's birthday and another time. Kind, courtious, and a very special place. Whatever kind of scone they make are wonderful!

Visited May 2012

Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania
“Spectacular Service”
Reviewed 16 November 2011

We picked Alexandra's Tea Room as a venue to host a baby shower for my daughter.
We could not have been happier. Nancy, the owner, was one of the easiest people that I have ever worked with. She let us pick the time (2:30 in the afternoon) and we could stay as long as we liked. She was always available by e-mail regarding any questions.

Brian, the chef, worked with me in making up a menu that would satisfy the group and eliminate the worries of any food allergies. It is obvious that he loves his job because he was very excited in explaining the variety of foods that he was eager to make for our event.

When we arrived the day of the shower, everything was set up, our guests were greeted and immediately offered their choice of beverage, which featured 3 special teas of the day.

The tearoom is set up in Victorian style. The space was comfortable for moving around. Everything was pristine. Each place setting featured a different type of china. We enjoyed looking at the various patterns on the tables.

We could choose a variety of "courses" and they were priced accordingly. The full tea menu was $17.95 and that would include fruit cup, scones, tea sandwiches and dessert in addition to the unlimited beverage of choice. The portions are plentiful, so we opted to eliminate the fruit cup, except for the guest of honor. The price for the three courses was $13.95 per person. All in attendance thoroughly enjoyed the tasty and filling food which included two large scones, 4 finger sandwiches (different varieties) and 4 finger desserts. No one left hungry, and some even chose to take a few of their items home in a box.

There was an adjoining room where the gifts were stacked, and when it came time for opening the gifts, my daughter sat in the corner, Brian handed her the gift, she would open it, and a young lady, Stephanie (I hope I got that right) would take the gift and wrappings and organize everything for us. When it was time for us to leave, all of the gifts were arranged in an orderly fashion for easy packing into the car.

Really, for the price, you could not beat such extraordinary treatment. We truly were made to feel like royalty.
Our group only made up 16 people, but Nancy can accommodate up to 25.
The teahouse is open to the public as well. If you'd like to have a relaxing treat, I highly encourage you to make a trip to Alexandra's Tea Room in Sprindale.
There is a parking lot in the back for easy parking.
You won't regret taking time out for an old fashioned Victorian Tea treat.
Nancy also features a gift shop, although I didn't personally check out the store. But, I did receive a lovely teapot as a gift from one of the attendees, who had purchased it that day.

• Visited October 2011