“Rare occurrence, I hope”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #7 of 46 Restaurants in Springfield
Swarthmore, Pennsylvania
“Rare occurrence, I hope”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This Olive Garden is situated in back in a corner of a strip mall off Baltimore pike. We were two couples for lunch. Arrived at 12:35 and was seated immediately and given menus. Waitress arrived and we ordered. Two of us ordered the soup and salad special. Unlimited soup or salad for $6.99. Great deal. Other two ordered chicken flatbread with either soup or salad. Lunch includes breadsticks. Waitress arrived with our bowls of soup and a large bowl of salad. She stated that the breadsticks were not ready. Finished our soup but still no breadsticks. Then the waitress informed us that the flatbread meals were burned and that they had to prepare them over. We all had some salad and waited for the flatbread, and waited. Then the manager arrived and told us they burned the flatbread AGAIN. Still no breadsticks. Waitress was embarrassed and continually apologized.
Finally, the meals and breadsticks arrived. We had been sitting for over an hour. Manager arrived again, apologized and told us there would be no charge for the flatbread meals. By then, appetites had waned and we asked to box the meals. This was an unusual experience for Olive Garden.
We paid our bill and then was given a gift card worth $15. We felt sorry for the waitress and left her a generous tip.

• Visited May 2014

Paoli, Pennsylvania
“Not authentic”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Being Italian, admit I am fussy but, my food was so bad, had to send it back, chicken had very unusual flavor which no way was marsala. Ordered a simple pizza as an alternate which was equally bad. Could not eat anything. No courtesy was given despite complaining to our server. Will never return.

Visited February 2014
Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
“Not a surprise”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I was being treated by my husband for a 60th birthday treat. This is the first at this location observing and differentiating the Olive Garden we usually go to. On a Sunday late afternoon about 4pm we had a 10 minute wait which was okay with us. Let me point out, unknownst to me, he had called earlier and wanted to set up and order a birthday cake for me being a special day.
We started off with the famous garden salad that we love along with the breadsticks. Always bring them home for the next day as we asked for seconds.
We chose the pizza frittos. But before I got to finish my first serving of the salad, here it comes an by the time we got to eating the frittos, it was cold but did not complain. I chalked it up as being very crowded and a rush to get us out the door. We took our time.
Then came our main-husband ordered the grilled chicken which did not include what is stated on the menu described. Still good he says but will not order again. For me, I ordered the Steak Toscano which the herbs definitely overpowered the steak taste. Besides, not being "medium", it was also dry. Took that home also to rinse off the herbs on top and heat up.
Then came what supposed to be my birthday cake he ordered ahead of time and was told at the front walking in, it was my wife's b-day and please have the cake ready.
Nada!! My husband was so embarrassed and not a surprise anymore when the waitress came to our table what we would like for dessert. Husband was trying to tell her it is special today trying not to blow it but then came out and said he ordered a cake for my birthday. I might be making a mountain out of a mole hill but you know, communication between the server and what is said up front, is a lack of immensely!! When it did arrive and three servers sang Happy B-day, the cake was frozen and could not cut it. We laughed and took it home to thaw. We did notice the manager walking around during this time making his rounds visiting and asking the patrons how they enjoyed their meals. As we were leaving, he approached us and hubby did tell him about it-manager apologized then left. I think we are going back to other Olive Garden.

• Visited January 2014
Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
“El Perfecto!!!!”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

From the time we walked in the door to the time we left, this was the perfect dining experience. Everyone from the hostess to the waiter to the general manager to the busboy were the most pleasant, most courteous, most efficient restaurant employees we ever encountered anywhere, and we've been to some of the finest restaurants. And our meals were delicious and plentiful. This is the first time I've been in an Olive Garden for dinner, ever, and because of this experience this restaurant in Springfield is now the King's favorite restaurant of any that have been reviewed. Great job to everyone!!!! The King and Queen will be back soon.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank KingAtlanticCity
Springfield - Delaware County, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nothing exceptional; Simply average.”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

There really is nothing outstanding that I could find in this restaurant, aside from the breadsticks... but, I had to keep asking for them to be replaced. The decor is basic, but nice; however, I personally felt like I was seated in a "can-of-sardines"~ the seating needs a lot to be desired. Maybe other sections have more room, but their main dining area just felt cluttered with tables, chairs, and people~ to the point where you feel a bit too close to those near your table, which could be a very, bad thing if you were dining here for business! As for the food? Ehh... it is average at best. Now, as everyone sees from their advertising, the Olive Garden has some great deals with reasonable prices. I think, for me, having had some wonderful pasta dishes in the past, I was just not happy with the food... and I really dislike watery-pasta (pasta needs to be drained!). It did not help anything that the waitress brought mine with the wrong sauce/gravy (whichever you prefer to call it). She did replace it, but again, the service was rather average, also, so my family was nearly finished when I got mine back. My review is this: If you want a decent, Italian-styled meal, I recommend the Olive Garden, especially~ for its pricing. The food is good enough, but not outstanding; however, the service does try to be very accomodating. It is a good meal for the cost.

• Visited June 2013