“What a disappointment”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Springfield
Greenville, South Carolina
“What a disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

I'm sitting in my room at this Courtyard as I write this. I reserved this to get away from the Philly Airport. It looks great from the outside, but these guys need some serious help.

If it's a new hotel, somebody at Marriott should test drive it before they subject their customers to the pain. I'm a platinum marriott member and expect more.

It's 8:45, I check in after a long day of travel. First, the poor guy at the desk can't make me a key. We end up waiting for one of the slowest elevators on the planet to take us to the 2nd floor where he goes into the telephone room for a couple of minutes and makes me a key - while the guy who walked in after me cools his heels in the lobby.

The closets are a joke. No room to hang anything up - it's stupid, 12" of hanger space in a 36"+ wide closet - go figure.

Next the TV. I change channels and it takes up to 12 seconds for it to change. I go to the lobby to get a new remote. They give me one and it's the same problem. I really don't want to go back down there for something else.

I attempted to post this review and got knocked off the internet......

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Tim H
Matthew T, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Springfield, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
We are obviously extremely disappointed that we did not deliver a positive experience for you. Your concerns are valid and are being addressed. We did receive your concerns via Marriott Customer Care as well and will be in touch with you shortly.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night for a wedding down the road. The Courtyard Marriott is attached to a really nice Country Club. The hotel is very new super clean and is very well managed. Its the newer style Courtyard with flat screens a bar a public TV lounge area and sofas for chill in on the first level. There's a pool also which was nice. We stayed in a king room which was awesome. Very nice king bed. It had a coffee machine a little fridge and the nicest bathroom. There was also a nice desk and chair and a sofa bed. Big ole closet also with extra blankets and pillows.
Seriously this place was perfect! We asked for two rooms next to one another on top floor and that's what we got.
No negatives at all.
We booked thru booking.com for a great deal!
If Ur staying anywhere close then stay here fo real!!!

• Stayed October 2013
Matthew T, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Springfield, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Wow! What a great review! Thank you for the kind words. There is no better feeling for our team members then knowing they helped provide a memorable experience. We hope you will visit us in the future and again, thank you for the amazing response!
baltimore, md
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Clean new rooms. Nice lobby. Staff nice but seem like they could use more training which is somewhat understandable since they are brand new. Right next to country club and restaurant/bar. The bar looked very happening actually. Mall less than mile away but not a great mall.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank jennamack
Matthew T, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Springfield, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Jenna,
Thank you so much for the review! I hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future. If so, please contact me directly when making your reservation. I can be reached via the hotels main line, 610-543-1080. We appreciate your business and your kind words.
Matt Thompson
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Because this property has only been open for a week, I gave them an extra star for this rating. However, between needing to change rooms due to a broken heating/cooling system and having to deal with an early AM lukewarm shower in my new room, I wasn't all that impressed. It's hardly up to the Marriott standard.

The staff was great and I hope that they solve their infrastructure problems soon, since this is a handy location.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Steven4971
Matthew T, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Springfield, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Steven,
First and foremost, thank you for the kind words and ratings in regards to our staff and service. Our team takes great pride in delivering a first class experience to every guest. I apologize for the issues you encountered in regards to the HVAC and water temperature, these are problems that we would never want our guests to experience no matter the newness of the property. Please be assured, all guest room AC units have been checked again and we are in the process of replacing the original hot water heaters. I would like the opportunity to touch base with you if you don't mind? Please reach out to me at m.thompson@marriott.com.
Matthew Thompson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
The Inn at Swarthmore
The Inn at Swarthmore
#1 of 1 in Swarthmore
Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport
Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl ...
#1 of 2 in Springfield - Delaware County
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
BEST WESTERN PLUS Philadelphia Airport South at Widener University
Quality Inn Media
Quality Inn Media
#2 of 2 in Media
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Springfield? Share your experiences!