“Biz Trip”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Springfield
New London, Connecticut
“Biz Trip”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Typical courtyard adjacent to a country club. The front desk staff and housekeeping were extremely friendly at this property and went above and beyond to assist me in a few unexpected personal surprises during my stay. Asa Platinum member I am always treated nicely but they went above and a typical Marriott. Im horrible with names and wish I weren't as the lady's at check out truly made my stay, If you can look up my reservation and see who was working the morning I checked out give them kudos. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Unclesogg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Cumberland, Rhode Island
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I have nothing bad to say about numerous stays at Marriott Hotels, but this one turned into the exception. My room was fine, except my inability to get the wifi to work on my iPad. My parents who were also staying at the hotel at the time had cable that was not working and were told to leave their t.v. on instead of shutting it off so they wouldn't lose it. Despite all this, I would still consider a good stay until I checked my credit card bill. I was charged for two restaurant (room service orders) on the night and the morning I stayed. The only purchase I made was breakfast which I paid cash for. How they can have a system where people can charge food to your room, I have no idea. After countless emails and a few phone calls, I gave up calling the hotel, and instead contacted corporate. They told me they would take care of it and refund my money. Instead of refunding me the money, they charged me a second time in the same amount. I noticed again, emailed the hotel and received no response. I finally called corporate and was told that this is the exception from the rule. I have finally today received my money back. After lots of frustration, I hope the Marriot representative was right and this is the exception rather than the rule. However, the communication of the management at this hotel is unacceptable. The fact that I had to go to corporate twice to resolve their wrongful charges is despicable. The amount of time I had to go battling with communicating was a waste. I will continue to go to Marriott hotels, but never to this one again. I hope your experience is better.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank J M
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I hung out there with some college buddies recounting stories we heard a thousand times. It was a perfect venue in bar area with good appetizers, plenty of drink options and light fare. Great place to mingle in a comfortable setting with good food.

Stayed July 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I attended a family wedding reception and stayed at the hotel. The room is new it was clean, everything fresh and a friendly staff.
The reception of nearly 300 people was great. The band never took a break.
The food was a challenge. At my table we were all served crab cakes. Those who ordered Chicken , 5 of the 8, were told there is none left. It was quite awkward and still no chicken even for the patron who never eats seafood.
Other than that it was a fine experience and stay at the Marriott .

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Golf Course.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Sturbridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This may be the Best Marriott Courtyard that I have ever stayed in. I chose this hotel only because the Marriott at Philly airport was not available. Stayed just one night. Beautiful deck overlooking a golf course. By the way it the airport is only 20 minutes away. I will stay here again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
South Glastonbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights this past weekend while attending a family event in Springfield. This town was really in need of a comfortable clean hotel with great service and they got it. Very friendly staff, clean room, decent breakfast and great lobby area with a wonderful outdoor patio overlooking the golf course. They have also integrated this hotel into the Springfield Country Club property in a beautiful way. Love Tavolas, the on-site restaurant. Nice lunch menu and LOTS of comfortable outdoor seating. There is live music at night but it stops between 10 and 11 pm.

This is not a "luxury" hotel but it is comfortable, clean and cheery. We have a family wedding in November and plan to stay here. Would appreciate thicker towels and shower caps in the room.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I traveled here for business and stay at Courtyards all the time. This is a brand new hotel with the brand new smell. The beds are super comfy, and there is an outdoor restaurant next door that was fantastic. We had a view of the golf course.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport
Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl ...
#1 of 2 in Springfield - Delaware County
Quality Inn Media
Quality Inn Media
#2 of 2 in Media
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park

Been to Courtyard Philadelphia Springfield? Share your experiences!